You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, i feel your pain. Only difference is a sniper and a small explosive device decided i would be cut loose early from my attempted career. So i understand what its like to suddenly have the rug pulled out from under you. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

The Zero is one of my all time favorites. I still think the original FMS 1400mm Zero remains one of the best flying foam MP warbirds I've ever flown, period. And I've flown, without exaggeration, nearly all of them. I'd wager that many pilots who flew one would agree it's a sweetheart.

Sadly, another fact cannot be ignored: All data we have point to Zeros and other Japanese warbirds, in any foam size over the past five years, struggling to break even. From a manufacturer's investment point of view, it's impossible for me to convince them that the sixth time's the charm. For whatever reason, the market voted with their wallets against further Japanese warbirds. At least until newer warbirds have been done and the cycle begins anew. Meanwhile, T-28s, Cubs and Mustangs continue to sell, sell, sell.

As a modeler (not as a developer), I too want to see new, never before modeled aircraft. But as a developer, I'm telling y'all straight, supporting "left field" products that are on the market now is always the most powerful way of influencing manufacturers to continue to push outside the Classics in the future. Otherwise the temptation (and economics) to continue with the Same is understandably difficult to ignore.
      I traded my zero off with another plane for a hangar 9 hellcat which was a great flying plane as well. The FMS 1400mm Zero was the only warbird foam plane I ever had to add just a touch of tail weight. It was a phenomenal flying plane. I think it is one of the models that is just screaming to be made as a 16 or better yet a 1700mm model. No tail retract, that would be some savings, no twist and turn mains, another plus. Nice scale looks. Yeah, I think its one plane that you could absolutely not go wrong making as a 1600 or better yet a 1700 mm plane.

I get the economics of it. But, I have noticed more and more giant scale gas zero's at the war bird meets. They appear to fly as well if not better than anything there. Oh well, we can dream

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Slack day at work, 19 people just got laid off, really sucks, in case you're wondering what I'm doing here at this hour.....
        Chin up my man. Something always breaks for good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Slack day at work, 19 people just got laid off, really sucks, in case you're wondering what I'm doing here at this hour.....
          Sorry to hear that Dan. When I worked for Northwest Airlines during the years I was with the Air Guard we went on strike 5 times for months at a time, thank goodness I had the Air Force to fall back on. Hope you get back to work real soon my friend, hang in there.
          Roy B.

Comment

The Zero is one of my all time favorites. I still think the original FMS 1400mm Zero remains one of the best flying foam MP warbirds I've ever flown, period. And I've flown, without exaggeration, nearly all of them. I'd wager that many pilots who flew one would agree it's a sweetheart.

Sadly, another fact cannot be ignored: All data we have point to Zeros and other Japanese warbirds, in any foam size over the past five years, struggling to break even. From a manufacturer's investment point of view, it's impossible for me to convince them that the sixth time's the charm. For whatever reason, the market voted with their wallets against further Japanese warbirds. At least until newer warbirds have been done and the cycle begins anew. Meanwhile, T-28s, Cubs and Mustangs continue to sell, sell, sell.

As a modeler (not as a developer), I too want to see new, never before modeled aircraft. But as a developer, I'm telling y'all straight, supporting "left field" products that are on the market now is always the most powerful way of influencing manufacturers to continue to push outside the Classics in the future. Otherwise the temptation (and economics) to continue with the Same is understandably difficult to ignore.
            I would like to put in my vote for a 1600 Corsair in WW 2 colors and A-26 invader in Korea war markings.
            they also need to bring more planes out in silver or appropriate color scheme so we can put our own markings on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cws View Post

I would like to put in my vote for a 1600 Corsair in WW 2 colors and A-26 invader in Korea war markings.
              they also need to bring more planes out in silver or appropriate color scheme so we can put our own markings on them.
              Seriously? You honestly don't think we have enough Corsairs out there?? I'm with ya on the A-26, But there are plenty of B-24's that could be easily modded to look like this. But I think an A-26 could be OK I guess, I like the looks of it.

But Corsair's?? Take a look around man!! I like Corsair's, but between Hanger 9, and all the others I think we got this model pretty well covered. Now an A-7 Corsair is a different story entirely.

Woody

Comment

The nearest thing to a 1600 EPO Corsair is the 1700 by FMS that explodes in flight when the motor comes loose. I really don't want to get into wood airplanes that end up being a thousand or $1,400 by the time you have it flying after spending many hours constructing. The free wing Spitfire is well worth the money and they need to come out with some more WW2 Fighters that size with their quality.

Comment

Sorry guys, I guess I should have clarified, I fortunately, was not among the people who got laid off, but all of my crew is going and a lot of people I consider friends are gone now. 19 people left on Friday and my crew could be gone by the new year. I'm hoping for the best, but have 40 more months to work in the U.S. and then hopefully retire at age 68. Lesson for all the younger crowd here, start saving those $$ and be able to retire to a big airfield and fly fly fly!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Cws View Post
                    The nearest thing to a 1600 EPO Corsair is the 1700 by FMS that explodes in flight when the motor comes loose. I really don't want to get into wood airplanes that end up being a thousand or $1,400 by the time you have it flying after spending many hours constructing. The free wing Spitfire is well worth the money and they need to come out with some more WW2 Fighters that size with their quality.
                    Hey Buddy, We're all friends here, so please don't take my opinion, (which is all it is) as the gospel, or me trying to admonish your opinion. As your's is just as valid as mine. : ) I've seen a couple of Vid's of the FMS plane coming apart in flight. I personally just chalk it up to a poor build on the owners part.
                    I have several FMS models, and have found them to be second to none in quality. Especially when building a larger model, IT'S THE OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE PLANE STAYS IN ONE PIECE, not FMS's.

I'm almost certain that FMS does a fair amount of foundry work for more than a couple of the FreeWing and FlightLine models. So if Flightline chose to make a Corsair offering, (Which I seriously would rather they don't because of all the others already out there) there is probably a better than average chance FMS would be building it anyway. Something to consider. Maybe not, to be honest I'm not sure, but I think it could be possible. So maybe they will make it, maybe they won't. But Horizon just offered there new and improved P-51 Mustang, (As if we really needed another one of these, LOL).

I would much rather Flight Line brought back the 1600mm A-1 Sky Raider. As there is only an 800mm version being offered by anyone right now. I have a Dynam Corsair and love it. There have been all sorts of story's about the poor quality of this plane! Motors melting and coming loose, bad retracts, (I fitted mine with a set of Eflight Retracts). Yes the plane has issues, I just corrected them all, and ended up with a beautiful rendition of a WW2 Corsair. That fly's and looks good enough for me. I'll post pictures maybe some day, if I get time.

But good luck to you mate. Maybe they will make another Corsair. Like I said Horizon just made a brand spanking new P-51.

Best Regards
                    Woody

Comment

My dynam corsair is very strong and without issues. Im pleased with it. If i build another, im definitely going to get a different decal set. That is one thing i never really cared for with their planes the decals are meh, and the pilots... always look high and i dont mean in the sky!LOL

Comment

well I got tired of waiting for a large foamy zero, so I bought a Blackhorse 1700mm a6m zero. its a little pricey and I found one in Austria(only 45.00 bucks for shipping)

Comment

hey rifleman, on your dynam corsair did you ever have the rudder hinge fail? I have had 4 of them (I love them as a beater plane) but every single one the hinge gave way on the maiden.

Comment

hey alpha you say maybe a 6th time is a charm? there was only 1 version of the fms zero, maybe if fms stop wasting money on making 8 versions of a p51 they would have had money to make the zero bigger and better.

Comment

Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
                              hey alpha you say maybe a 6th time is a charm? there was only 1 version of the fms zero, maybe if fms stop wasting money on making 8 versions of a p51 they would have had money to make the zero bigger and better.
                              You do have a point. Although, as good as the FMS Tigercat is, and its a great plane, the 1700mm FMS Mustangs fly as well imo. Dont get me wrong, they fly different, but a Mustang should fly different than a Tigercat. The big difference that stands out with the Tigercat is the wing connectors. I know they got some bad press but as far as I am concerned its brilliant.

Comment

hey rifleman, on your dynam corsair did you ever have the rudder hinge fail? I have had 4 of them (I love them as a beater plane) but every single one the hinge gave way on the maiden.
                                YES! I just cut it off completely and added nylon hinges

Comment

Hey Axerhand, I mentioned all Japanese warbirds in different sizes from all foam Mfrs:

FMS 750mm Zero green
                                  FMS 980mm Hien green
                                  Flyzone 1100mm Zero green
                                  HSD 1100mm Zero green
                                  FMS 1100mm Zero green
                                  ​​FMS 1400mm Zero green and tan

Counting color variants and V2s but not counting older birds like GWS' Zero, it's more like "Eight time's the charm".

​​​​​​Sad, because personally I think a proper 1.6m Zero would fly wonderfully.

Comment

Sad, because personally I think a proper 1.6m Zero would fly wonderfully.
                                    I think you know a guy who could make that happen! :)

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I think you know a guy who could make that happen! :)
                                      Yes!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey Axerhand, I mentioned all Japanese warbirds in different sizes from all foam Mfrs:

FMS 750mm Zero green
                                        FMS 980mm Hien green
                                        Flyzone 1100mm Zero green
                                        HSD 1100mm Zero green
                                        FMS 1100mm Zero green
                                        ​​FMS 1400mm Zero green and tan

Counting color variants and V2s but not counting older birds like GWS' Zero, it's more like "Eight time's the charm".

​​​​​​Sad, because personally I think a proper 1.6m Zero would fly wonderfully.

Now I see the problem! No IJN Fleet White listed! But Flyzone had one in it's failed Powercore line. And it's the version that got the most screen time, even if it was actually AT-6 Texans. But I still want a SILVERPLATE.
                                        Last edited by Valkpilot; Sep 30th, 2018, 07:55 AM. Reason: typo and addendum

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          My dynam corsair is very strong and without issues. Im pleased with it. If i build another, im definitely going to get a different decal set. That is one thing i never really cared for with their planes the decals are meh, and the pilots... always look high and i dont mean in the sky!LOL
                                          Yea, Rman

Totally agree about the stickers. If I do another, (and I might) I'm just going to order a complete set from Callie. I'm going to try to assemble my Dynam Hellcat before the end of the year. I've heard from many folks that's the best flying Hellcat around, (Hellcat fans at my club, actual people that have flown many different kinds). They didn't seem surprised to see how well the Corsair fly's.

I don't like the Dynam Pilot Figures as a rule. They're always to big, for the Corsair it look like Andry the Giant was flying it. I took a quick pick of my pilot just for you Rman. Check out my pilot. This pilot figure is indicative of all my planes. To me it's important to always remember they're all toys. My special toys, but toys just the same. LOL

But let me tell ya all, don't let anyone Sh*t ya. The Dynam planes I have fly great!! The price point is great! I paid 119 bucks for this Corsair from General Hobbies, on sale. But they're not for everybody, ya really kind of need to be a builder to have success with these models. Most of us builders actually love them, aside from the failed retracts form time to time. But if you want an idiot proof airplane, Dynam's are probably not for you.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

PS Trying to get back on topic. I seriously think the 1600mm A-1 Sky Raider needs to be brought back. That is if ya can get those molds. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X