Motion RC

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Don't bother with the Aero Commander. While it might have been my set-up or "rustiness" I had some serious problems with it. And unless you belly-land, order extra nose wheels.
    Ya know mate, that one caught my eye too. But on that one at least, I'm listening to the critics. The nose wheel has to suck serious. It also doesn't sound to me like anyone has been able to correct that issue. That's probably why they're getting cheaper and cheaper.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
      Yeah, a King Air would be awesome! One flew into the local airport while we were flying at our club field. The King Air was just stunning coming in on final approach on a summer night. The Seminole would be another good option. I always kind of liked the Dynam civilian twin (Grand Cruiser?), but the quality of some of the Dynam stuff limited my interest. The UMX Aero Commander remains on my list of planes I wouldn't mind owning if I find a great deal on a pre-owned one. A larger twin with retracts would really be nice.
      Dynam usually, at least in my experience, usually has exceptional air frames. It's all the little things you usually have to straighten out. If they ever get there act together, they're going to be a serious competitor in this business. There foam finishing is exceptional in my opinion, some times you can't even tell it's foam. But I'm sure many, many feel differently.

Woody

PS Dynams retracts really, really suck, just sayin. Always consider this. But once you get a good set of retracts installed they usually fly exceptional. You know, the best thing Dynam could do is fire the company that makes their retracts, and hire the company that makes E-flight retracts. This would be a serious game changer for Dynam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Welp, HobbyKing does have an Avios Bush Mule, which to me is very Twin Otter like. I would actually think a scale Twin Otter would be very cool. Probably a really nice flying plane to boot. If they got that thing right, you could in theory fly it pretty slow. I will probably get that Bush Mule eventually. But I already have the Durifly Tundra in the box. Figure I better build and fly that first.

Ya know Rman, I got me one of those 1M Wildcats from Parkzone. Mostly because I wanted something I could carry in my truck and fly on a moments notice. Found a park near my house and was having a ball with it until I did something stupid, and tried a trim adjustment in a turn. Had a mind fart I guess, (happens to us older folks, ). Then had a minor crash. Didn't even break the prop, just bent it too much to use again. The front cowl is like it's made out of china dish ware. Shattered of course. But let me tell ya man, that thing fly's superb. Just very very fragile. Wont take any punishment what so ever. I was bummed. So I worked off and on most of the day Sunday piecing that cowl back together. Now I can't find a prop anywhere on earth. I usually purchase as a rule at least 3 or 4 spare props when I order something like this, but they didn't have any at the time, still don't. It's kind of a special prop, fat on the tip and skinny at the hub. Wont be purchasing any new planes any more planes that don't have spare propellers available at the time of purchase. Personally you think Horizon would have planned for that. But I was really excited about how well it flew. Almost exactly like a Dynam Hellcat, little smaller, but just a ton of fun to fly.

Sorry about the speel everyone.

Best Regards
        Woody
        It does make you wonder about them when they send you a box with only a slip of paper and a packing slip.

Comment

• Oh and on to the buschmule, it does fly nice, but i would buy it as kit form and add your own servos and electronics. Nose wheel is controlled with a plastic geared servo, and the escs are way too lean for that application. Another cool one would be the beechcraft twin bonanza model 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

It does make you wonder about them when they send you a box with only a slip of paper and a packing slip.
            My buddy had the same thing happen. He ordered some spare parts and got two shipping notifications. One was all his parts, the other was a pretty good size box with nothing but a flier/ad in it with a packing slip showing that was all that was supposed to be in the box.

Comment

Ya know mate, that one caught my eye too. But on that one at least, I'm listening to the critics. The nose wheel has to suck serious. It also doesn't sound to me like anyone has been able to correct that issue. That's probably why they're getting cheaper and cheaper.

Woody
              The Commander isn't the only model that had nose wheel problems. The UMX MiG 15 did, I think mainly due to the attempt at "scale accuracy". And so does the A-10, along with a "glass nose". I guess not everybody in the business is as QC oriented as the MRC folks.

Comment

• Indeed i have 4 other packages with parts on the way. And this made it here first. I guess its budget time for the warehouse. Trying to fill the allotted quotas

Comment

• Ya know at first glance a T-Bone, (IE Twin Bonanza) Doesn't really look that big. It's almost as big as a King Air 90, it just doesn't have a large cabin. It's a huge plane. Very nice plane, I always like those.

Woody

Comment

• Yes indeed, i bet a model of it would be pretty quick as well.

Comment

Dynam usually, at least in my experience, usually has exceptional air frames. It's all the little things you usually have to straighten out. If they ever get there act together, they're going to be a serious competitor in this business. There foam finishing is exceptional in my opinion, some times you can't even tell it's foam. But I'm sure many, many feel differently.

Woody

PS Dynams retracts really, really suck, just sayin. Always consider this. But once you get a good set of retracts installed they usually fly exceptional. You know, the best thing Dynam could do is fire the company that makes their retracts, and hire the company that makes E-flight retracts. This would be a serious game changer for Dynam.
                      It would be great if hey offered "no electronics, no motor" ARFs...

Stick in good servos/retracts/motor(s)/ESCs in and they are great.

Mostly I've gotten good motors and serviceable servos/retracts from Dynam, but I know there are better.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Indeed, i just wish they wouldn't glue the extrntions together, ended up replacing all the wires when i replaced the retracts on the b26

Comment

I like the way you're thinking here. I believe a King Air 200 model would fly really well. The longer tail moment and the T-tail, I think would work great. How ever if given the choice, I would prefer a Mitsubishi MU-2, commonly known as a, "Rice Rocket". It had this name much earlier than when they started referring to Japanese motorcycles. I honestly think it was the original coined term. Once again it would have to be the larger longer one, and forget about making it original with spoilerons, and just simply put traditional ailerons on it. THe MU-2 didn't have ailerons, and flying it with spoilerons was a very different experience. This was a little plane had pretty extreme performance for a Turbo Prop Civilian Aircraft. Not many planes in it's class would keep up with it. But if they were going to do a civi plane, this would be a good one in my opinion.

Woody
                          I agree! The MU-2 would be really cool as well as a King Air. Another nice model would be a TBM 850.

Comment

• Wowa, TBM 850, looks like a cabin class single engine turbo prop. Hey your not T22Trainer! I bet that would make a nice flying model for sure. As for the real one, I never liked flying planes or helicopters with just one engine. But that's something else entirely. Pretty plane though.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

It would be great if hey offered "no electronics, no motor" ARFs...

Stick in good servos/retracts/motor(s)/ESCs in and they are great.

Mostly I've gotten good motors and serviceable servos/retracts from Dynam, but I know there are better.
                              As I! I haven't had a failed motor, ESC, or servo in any of my Dynam models. Some times they are not the most powerful, but I kinda like that, as almost any real airplane, with some exceptions never seem to have as much power as you would like to have. To me it just makes flying more interesting. I'm getting ready to assemble a brand spanking new Dynam T-28, I got for 50 bucks. It was 50 bucks, because I bought 50 raffle tickets. Won that, and another plane I gave to a friend. So I'll let you know how the retracts work out. If these don't work I think I'm just going to epoxy them in the down position, or remove them entirely, and make a hand launcher out of it. Just depends how I fee at the moment.

Woody

Comment

• The Beechcraft King Air looks sharp. This the 350ER for special missions. It could be a good seller since it would be the best quality civilian twin available if Flight Line made it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	King-Air-350-ER-special-missions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	154729

Comment

Yeah, a King Air would be awesome! ... A larger twin with retracts would really be nice.

As an indirect representative of Piper Aircraft, I am certainly biased to one of their twins, and I think a Seneca would be one of the better choices to produce, based on actual flight characteristics. Seminole is not bad either, but I have always been a fan of the Navajo also. Click image for larger version

Name:	82ED1370-AE9E-40BE-A624-1C8EEFCAE348.jpeg
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	154776

Comment

• Ever since I saw the Diamond DA62 I thought it was one of the sharpest looking twins out there. I bet an RC model of the DA62 would probably be one of the fastest twins than even the F7F Tigercat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Diamond DA62.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	154826

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

As an indirect representative of Piper Aircraft, I am certainly biased to one of their twins, and I think a Seneca would be one of the better choices to produce, based on actual flight characteristics. Seminole is not bad either, but I have always been a fan of the Navajo also. Click image for larger version

Name:	82ED1370-AE9E-40BE-A624-1C8EEFCAE348.jpeg
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	154776
                                      Growing up around Pipers, I always have a preference to their aircraft. I remember as a kid touring Vero Beach and just loving all the aircraft going together.

Comment

Growing up around Pipers, I always have a preference to their aircraft. I remember as a kid touring Vero Beach and just loving all the aircraft going together.
                                        I am at a convention right now and just listened to some long awaited updates regarding Piper products from CEO Simon Caldecott. Every training aircraft Piper is able to produce, are sold through summer of 2022. Major expansions are also underway with regard to current production including 3D printed parts to reduce outsource of inventory and replacement parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I am at a convention right now and just listened to some long awaited updates regarding Piper products from CEO Simon Caldecott. Every training aircraft Piper is able to produce, are sold through summer of 2022. Major expansions are also underway with regard to current production including 3D printed parts to reduce outsource of inventory and replacement parts.
                                          Are they still producing the Seminole?

Comment

Working...
                                          X