You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Are they still producing the Seminole?
    See post #156 above, that Seminole went on test flight about 15 days ago. I just had lunch and sat next to Simon - he told me the factory is at about 50%. They need to fill jobs and right now they want to break 1000 employees by Dec.
    Wanna build real airplanes - Piper is hiring.

Comment

• Then I took the opportunity to let him know about the interest in the model community for Piper products.

Comment

• I would not mind seeing some Piper airplanes. But the few that I have seen so far look a bit too similar to the Dynam Gran Cruiser. It would great to see a model that is really different than this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dynam-310-grand-cruiser-v2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	154887

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
          I would not mind seeing some Piper airplanes. But the few that I have seen so far look a bit too similar to the Dynam Gran Cruiser. It would great to see a model that is really different than this.

Name:	dynam-310-grand-cruiser-v2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	154887
          Couldn’t agree more - get it on the same level as an ARF from Phoenix / Hangar 9 or T-6 / Mustang from eFlite / FMS, respectively.

Comment

• As I remenber, I remember wrong a lot. Piper made a 400hp single engine plane called the Comanchee 400. It was heralded as the best single piston engine plane Piper ever built at the time. They stopped making it.

The old pecking order use to be, from best to least best was, Beachcraft, Piper, then Cessna. I think Cessna may have passed Piper as they do make a very nice line of bussiness jets, but I really don't know since I haven't flown anything small, other than just sittiing in the right seat of a Citation very recently. Kinda like kissing your sister. They wouldn't even let me do a departure in it. I bet I had 15 or 20 times the hours of both of them put together. LOL

When I think of Piper, my personal favorite was a Chyann, (not sure I spelled that right, doing this on my phone). As I remember that was a nice plane. I loved the way the Comanchee 400 looked. Sad I never got the chance to fly it.

Woody

PS, hey F22, love the build picts man. Is Piper building any Jets? I like to think I dont really have a preference in plane types, but I do like Lockheed, and Boeing products quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
              As I remenber, I remember wrong a lot. Piper made a 400hp single engine plane called the Comanchee 400. It was heralded as the best single piston engine plane Piper ever built at the time. They stopped making it.

The old pecking order use to be, from best to least best was, Beachcraft, Piper, then Cessna. I think Cessna may have passed Piper as they do make a very nice line of bussiness jets, but I really don't know since I haven't flown anything small, other than just sittiing in the right seat of a Citation very recently. Kinda like kissing your sister. They wouldn't even let me do a departure in it. I bet I had 15 or 20 times the hours of both of them put together. LOL

When I think of Piper, my personal favorite was a Chyann, (not sure I spelled that right, doing this on my phone). As I remember that was a nice plane. I loved the way the Comanchee 400 looked. Sad I never got the chance to fly it.

Woody

PS, hey F22, love the build picts man. Is Piper building any Jets? I like to think I dont really have a preference in plane types, but I do like Lockheed, and Boeing products quite a bit.
              All I can say is Piper already has a single engine jet completed, but as of now Turboprops M500 and M600 are the only turbines they market, which I will be taking one home from KCOS on Saturday. But I learned a lot about Pipers’ direction today and it is all great. Cheyenne was a variant of the Navajo - both fine airframes. The Comanche was built as both a single and a twin and had one major problem - they didn’t want to land, especially the twin. Even at idle it would float in ground effect below stall speed and they had very short landing gear...to make getting in and loading easier.

Comment

• Ya know mate, I knew one guy pretty well that had one of the Comanche 400's and he loved it. But the Twin Comanche's were really nothing special. People that had them seemed to be proud of em. I get that's what brought us to the Seneca's. But honestly I never new the details.

Woody

PS, fly safe man.

Comment

• I will post up a few pics of the M600, May even overfly the AMPS RC Field as it is 3 nm west of the airport.

and, Thanks Woody!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

All I can say is Piper already has a single engine jet completed, but as of now Turboprops M500 and M600 are the only turbines they market, which I will be taking one home from KCOS on Saturday. But I learned a lot about Pipers’ direction today and it is all great. Cheyenne was a variant of the Navajo - both fine airframes. The Comanche was built as both a single and a twin and had one major problem - they didn’t want to land, especially the twin. Even at idle it would float in ground effect below stall speed and they had very short landing gear...to make getting in and loading easier.
                    Are you referring to the Altaire jet? I read a bunch on that thing years ago but haven't heard anything new since.

Comment

See post #156 above, that Seminole went on test flight about 15 days ago. I just had lunch and sat next to Simon - he told me the factory is at about 50%. They need to fill jobs and right now they want to break 1000 employees by Dec.
                      Wanna build real airplanes - Piper is hiring.
                      Working for Piper would be great! A good friend of mine retired from Piper not that long ago and still lives in the Vero Beach area. We used to work together in Michigan and been a close family friend for decades. A classmate from elementary school left Piper to move back to Michigan and is at the company I work for now. He is a test engineer.

Comment

• For civilian aircraft, I'd love to see a Grumman Goose. Classic lines, and just a beautiful flying boat. Especially with some nice retracts! On the another civilian side, although it ain't a fixed wing, I'd LOVE to see Roban try the classic Bell 47. 2 separate versions needed, one as a MASH D model, and one as a civilian G model.

Comment

• A Grumman Goose with working retracts has been request several times already in other threads. This model would definitely be a good seller if made.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Are you referring to the Altaire jet? I read a bunch on that thing years ago but haven't heard anything new since.
                            As far as I know, it was only called the Piperjet and is in Lakeland FL, at a museum. Was certified, but never intend for production

Comment

As far as I know, it was only called the Piperjet and is in Lakeland FL, at a museum. Was certified, but never intend for production
                              Yeah, I believe they renamed it the Altaire right before they killed the project.

https://www.piper.com/piper-displays...aft-line-nbaa/

Comment

A Grumman Goose with working retracts has been request several times already in other threads. This model would definitely be a good seller if made.

Goose is nice, but my favorite is the Albatross. but I like the the Goose too. Zee plane, Zee plane. Regardless what any says, Fantasy Island was a hit show for many seasons. Their clients were delivered to the island in a Grumman Goose. One of my favorite parts. Grumman Goose would be a great model, more so if it was offered with, "WITH RETRACTS"! I've never been able to understand why a company would make a flying boat with out retracts. Since probably 85 or 90% of the prospective customers have flying fields that are no where near water. That seems like it would be a no brainer to me. Always makes me wounder about how bright the Dev's are in relation to their client base. I'm serious here.

I would already have had a Catalina if they offered it with retracts. Or a retract option that could be purchased separately. That would work for me with everyone except Dynam. We all know hoe great their retracts are.

Best Regards
                                Woody

Comment

• I would love a Cat with retracts, 2000mm would be sweet on 4s super scale. (Not just wheels, but float tips as well on the flap switch)
                                  Last edited by rifleman_btx; Oct 5th, 2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: Added much needed options :)

Comment

Goose is nice, but my favorite is the Albatross. but I like the the Goose too. Zee plane, Zee plane. Regardless what any says, Fantasy Island was a hit show for many seasons. Their clients were delivered to the island in a Grumman Goose. One of my favorite parts. Grumman Goose would be a great model, more so if it was offered with, "WITH RETRACTS"! I've never been able to understand why a company would make a flying boat with out retracts. Since probably 85 or 90% of the prospective customers have flying fields that are no where near water. That seems like it would be a no brainer to me. Always makes me wounder about how bright the Dev's are in relation to their client base. I'm serious here.

I would already have had a Catalina if they offered it with retracts. Or a retract option that could be purchased separately. That would work for me with everyone except Dynam. We all know hoe great their retracts are.

Best Regards
                                    Woody
                                    The Albatross would also be cool to have but because it has tricycle gear, the nose gear and wheel doors could add to the complexity since it would all have to be water proof. The Goose on the other hand would be a lot simpler to implement with working gear since the tail wheel could just be none retractable.

Name:	Albatross.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	155054

Comment

The Albatross would also be cool to have but because it has tricycle gear, the nose gear and wheel doors could add to the complexity since it would all have to be water proof. The Goose on the other hand would be a lot simpler to implement with working gear since the tail wheel could just be none retractable.

Name:	Albatross.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	155054
                                      Well it doesn't, "HAVE" to be water proof if you're operating it from a field with no water. But this plane has in fact been done before. The one done before had air operated retracts. I would think the servo to actuate the mains would have to be in the wing far enough away from the water to keep it safe. As for the nose wheel, it would need to be located in a vertical, isolated well that extends above the water line significantly, with the actuation servo mounted in the top. I may in fact do a Catalina like that some day, if I ever feel the need to make one.

As for me I wouldn't give a hoot if it wasn't water proof. As I have no intention of getting any of my planes anywhere near the water.

Woody

Comment

• OV-10 Bronco
                                        F6F Hellcat in the 1600mm series
                                        P-39 Airacobra in the 1600mm series
                                        Macchi C.202 or Fiat G.55
                                        Yak 3

My gut tells me the next Flightline twin will be an A-26 Invader.

Comment

Well it doesn't, "HAVE" to be water proof if you're operating it from a field with no water. But this plane has in fact been done before. The one done before had air operated retracts. I would think the servo to actuate the mains would have to be in the wing far enough away from the water to keep it safe. As for the nose wheel, it would need to be located in a vertical, isolated well that extends above the water line significantly, with the actuation servo mounted in the top. I may in fact do a Catalina like that some day, if I ever feel the need to make one.

As for me I wouldn't give a hoot if it wasn't water proof. As I have no intention of getting any of my planes anywhere near the water.

Woody
                                          Or it could be done like the flyzone select scale seawind. It works great, no problems, not even in salt water.

Comment

Working...
                                          X