X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I'm going to let most of what you said slide Dude for three reasons: 1 your a newbie that doesn't know any better, 2 you live in the northwest probably working for Boeing, 3 your avatar with Slim Pickens riding that Abomb down into Russia. Great movie!
    Great comments and thanks for giving me a pass and yes, I've got 36 years under my belt working with Boeing and still going. Loved every minute of it too! There was never a day I didn't get up excited to go to work. - Grover

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Elbee - I guess this answers my question about accessing the cockpit. I'm surprised it doesn't have release magnets of some kind to easily pop off if needed. BTW- just saw you're in the "Air Capital City". My old stomping ground....or close to it anyway. Grover
      G54, I presume you were/are with Boeing or Spirit Aero or whatever it is these days? Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to meeting you at some point. Presume, also, you have the Corsair on order again. I hope so. Gotta love the Air-Cap. Best, LB
      Captain: Got any ideas?
      F/O: Actually not.
      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

G54, I presume you were/are with Boeing or Spirit Aero or whatever it is these days? Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to meeting you at some point. Presume, also, you have the Corsair on order again. I hope so. Gotta love the Air-Cap. Best, LB
        LB - I work with Boeing all over (St. Louis, So Cal, Philadelphia, SC, Mesa) but live here in Seattle. Have nothing to do with Spirit thankfully. Haven't pulled the trigger yet on the new FL F4U yet but I will as we get closer to the committed arrival date end of Jan. I'm sure they ordered more than enough to cover the "Pre-Orders" but once they arrive I expect they'll backorder quickly so I check availability daily and have one in my shopping cart for quick purchase. Funny thing is if I watch the detailed unboxing video from TiredIron one more time I may go ahead and buy it. I am excited for it.

Comment

Great comments and thanks for giving me a pass and yes, I've got 36 years under my belt working with Boeing and still going. Loved every minute of it too! There was never a day I didn't get up excited to go to work. - Grover
          Very cool. We're almost neighbors, I live up on San Juan Island and Aros is in Maple Valley. Wow 36 years....you must really be old!!!! Just kidding, I'll be 70 in May. Next year for the Hawks!!This was just practice for another SuperBowl win!!

Comment

• Had a "Live Chat" yesterday with Jet Man Mike @ Motion. He's the best! He confirmed the first shipment of the Birdcage version is already sold out via the pre-orders. The next shipment for the Birdcage is in mid to late February however, there are a few of the Bubbletop version still available (which is the one I want anyway) so I'm going for it. HA HA and I didn't even have to watch the TiredIron unboxing video again.

Comment

• Just ordered the Bubble Top. Can't wait! I was thinking the Birdcage because it's unique and love the weathering canvas but I am going to paint mine this shade or close to it so I can weather it accordingly. Anyone going to get an Aces of Iron or other pilot for theirs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3548.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	171496
              Aros.MotionRC
              Motion RC Website/Advertising
              Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Just ordered the Bubble Top. Can't wait!. Is anyone going to get an Aces of Iron or another pilot for theirs?
                Aros, Aces of Iron is the "Only Way To Fly" this bird. I wouldn't trust another pilot, they just don't have the correct attitude for altitude! Best, LB

Comment

• Yeah Elbee, agreed! Seems to be the best pilot for the mission.
                  Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Aces of Iron pilots look cool. I forgot about those. Can you get them prepainted? I really suck at pilot painting. I used one from Warbird Pilots in my fms mustang. They look pretty good and never crashed my plane once! Can't say that for most of my other pilots. They've screw up allot.

Comment

• Warbird Pilots are nice...The Aces of Iron pilots are the best pilots for the price range I have come across and really do help scale up any model. I have always had someone paint mine for me. AkumaZeto here on the forum offers a painting service and he's tremendously talented! I just reached out to him to see if he would paint mine. If so, I will just have it shipped direct to his place. His service thread with tons of great shots of his work is here.

I am also looking to find someone to download the upgrade cockpit 3Dpup files, put it together and paint it for me as well. I pay a fair price.
                      Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Minion Bob and his little teddy bear will by my pilot if I can find one that will fit in there.

Comment

Yeah Elbee, agreed! Seems to be the best pilot for the mission.
                          WBirdAholic - That's' a great weathering job. Don't blame you for wanting to duplicate it. Also just checked out your vids on YT. We done my friend! I've subscribed so looking forward to other postings

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            Minion Bob and his little teddy bear will by my pilot if I can find one that will fit in there.
                            I have, "Wile E Coyote" as the pilot in my Favorite Corsair of the (3) I presently have. I have Minion's as my pilots in my T-28. I love cartoon characters as Pilots, especially minion's.

Woody

New Corsair sure is nice!

Comment

Minion Bob and his little teddy bear will by my pilot if I can find one that will fit in there.
                              XV, You've got him on salary, right? Best, LB

Comment

...Also just checked out your vids on YT. We done my friend! I've subscribed so looking forward to other postings
                                Thanks! Now that I snagged the F-22 and the Corsair more videos will be imminent. Well, semi-imminent as I am a slave to the rain this time of year.

Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

XV, You've got him on salary, right? Best, LB
                                  He works for bananas.

Comment

He works for bananas.
                                    XV, Explains the livery. Included the "Wingman" Corsair shot to stay on topic. Best, LB

Name:	Bob.png
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	171571Click image for larger version

Name:	say_hello_to_my_wingman____by_renderdock_dcc4ycp-350t.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	171572

Comment

XV, Explains the livery. Included the "Wingman" Corsair shot to stay on topic. Best, LB

Name:	Bob.png
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	171571Click image for larger version

Name:	say_hello_to_my_wingman____by_renderdock_dcc4ycp-350t.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	171572

Build one and I will come. Imagine a 3 plane formation: 1 FMS 1700mm Corsair, 1 Flightline 1600mm Corsair and 1 Minion Flying Banana. What a video!

Comment

Just ordered the Bubble Top. Can't wait! I was thinking the Birdcage because it's unique and love the weathering canvas but I am going to paint mine this shade or close to it so I can weather it accordingly. Anyone going to get an Aces of Iron or other pilot for theirs?

Name:	DSCN3548.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	171496
                                        Already have an Aces of Iron pilot ready for this one. Just waiting for the airplane now.

Comment

• HM220, Is the consensus the correct pilot size is 1/8th or 1/7th scale? I know that the Corsair is 1/8th, just don't want a guy that looks like he can't see over the steering wheel. Best, LB

Comment

Working...
                                          X