X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome people!

I'm new to this forum and have to say that I've never been on a forum before with so many awesome people. You ALL respect and support each other.

Thank you!!! This is very refreshing and rare!

Let's keep it going guys and gals...

:-)

Welcome to HobbySquawk Bill. We try to behave but sometimes we can get a little testy with each other. Usually though we also manage to forgive and forget. There isn't another forum I would rather be on for sure. In the end we all share a common madne..., illne...., passion LOL

Comment

Howdy, Bill, this is a good place, I think most of us are proud of it and we each play our part to keep things moving along smoothly. This is a hobby, after all, so I treat this place like an oasis. The real world outside is rough enough and doesn't need help from us.

RCjetdude, it is a madneillnepassion, isn't it? The best kind :Silly:

Comment

Absolutely! I have met some of the best people and had the most fun because it. I love the hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Welcome to HobbySquawk Bill. We try to behave but sometimes we can get a little testy with each other. Usually though we also manage to forgive and forget. There isn't another forum I would rather be on for sure. In the end we all share a common madne..., illne...., passion LOL
          Sometimes, the only way to tell if a new person is ticklish is to give them a test-tickle. :Silly:

Comment

Welcome Bill, so the next obvious question, what's in your hanger ;)?

S.

Comment

Hey Bill, welcome to the happy sandbox of Hobby Squawk! Good people just having fun and sharing the passion.

Comment

What's in my hanger... gosh, I've been in the hobby a LONG time... like close to 40 years... and have had a wide assortment of planes, but never too much into scale and just fly for the enjoyment of burning holes in the sky. :-)

Currently I have several nitro 2 and 4 stroke and electric planes, a few 600 sized 3D electric helis, quite a few racing quads, a DJI Phantom 3 pro, some indoor micro stuff, a Hanger 9 Carbon Z Cub on floats, and now an Avanti S that is still waiting for its maiden voyage due to the @#$%& weather I live with here in northern Minnesota. Yes, I still have SNOW in my yard! %#$@#!&^$!!!

I think the EDFs are going to be my next RC obsession... :-)

Comment

EDF's quickly became my obsession when I got back into the hobby after a 22 year absence. I love 'em!

Comment

EDF's quickly became my obsession when I got back into the hobby after a 22 year absence. I love 'em!
                    I never really got into them :Silly:

TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

been at it for quite a while, electrics could barley fly when I started let alone jets, just getting an edf to actually fly was a victory. Now I usually prefer to fly jets, my fleet about 50/50, the Avanti will convert anyone who flys her :o) What a great time to be in this hobby.
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        Funny guy! That is until you met me. LOL

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I lived up in the St. Paul area, and one of my first cross country solos was flying up to Bemidji. Have fun, and enjoy the forum, definitely lots of fun and knowledgeable people around here.

:)LOL

Now we just need to get you into helicopters.. Although I’m sure Craig’s already working on that! Hoping to make it up your way sometime this summer for one of your fly ins.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            Welcome to the forum! I lived up in the St. Paul area, and one of my first cross country solos was flying up to Bemidji. Have fun, and enjoy the forum, definitely lots of fun and knowledgeable people around here.

Now we just need to get you into helicopters.. Although I’m sure Craig’s already working on that! Hoping to make it up your way sometime this summer for one of your fly ins.
                            If you are able to please bring your Little Bird. Craig would go nuts! He loves that thing.

Comment

If you are able to please bring your Little Bird. Craig would go nuts! He loves that thing.
                              Definitely! The Little Bird is still my favorite to fly. It goes pretty much everywhere I travel. Maybe by then, I'll even have the Apache airworthy again.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I've got a couple...and a bunch of pieces :Silly:
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I've got a couple...and a bunch of pieces :Silly:
                                  If you aren't building up a spare parts reserve, you aren't flying :Silly:;). I'll have to get you some time on a larger scale heli. The bigger birds, especially heavier scale ships, are much easier to fly in my opinion.

Comment

The best saying that I remember from my heli days is: "A RC helicopter is a collection of parts all flying in close formation, each wanting to go their own separate way at the first opportunity".

Comment

Good to have you aboard Bill! It's a pretty darn good community we have going here. Each of our unique personalities find a common bond and folks who keep the place free of trouble so it's a great, respectful place to commune!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                                        I'm new to this forum and have to say that I've never been on a forum before with so many awesome people. You ALL respect and support each other.

Thank you!!! This is very refreshing and rare!

Let's keep it going guys and gals...

:-)
                                        Bill. I love the "if it flies I can crash it" in your profile. lol. I think we can all say that to a degree. Welcome to the forum my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                        X