X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critical mass

Has anyone had a loose motorboard on this thing. I flew it out of the box and the prop was hitting the cowl, thought the cowl was just loose, flew it again and it was worse. I took cowl off and the whole motor moves at least 1/4' up and down. Its attached solid to the motorboard, there is just a bunch of play in the motorborad to where it goes into the fuselage. Also the split flap is warped on one side and it wont close right and binds when opening. Not a good job on this quality roc hobby/fms. I preordered the strega and have purchashed a f-16. I am not sure I am even going to want these anymore. Hope that motion steps up and takes care of this, otherwise I will be not buying any thing else from them

Re: critical mass

The FMS Zero did the same thing after a few flights and I have an FMS Hellcat that did the same thing. It kind of sucks but its a fairly easy fix. Get some Epoxy and remove the motor if that's what it takes to get back to the firewall/or motorboard mounting plate. Pull it away from the foam and do whatever it takes to goop that epoxy between it and the foam then rest it with the nose on the ground or someway that it pushes that firewall back up tight against your foam and let it set up, your problem will be solved.

Comment

It's just quite disappointing that right outta the box the prop is rubbing the nose cowl. Seems the quality on this plane is not what I expected. I guess I will see what motion has to say and that will reflect any further purchases. I have planned on getting at least 4 more this year but that's now on hold

Comment

I would say it's unusual, but sounds like some epoxy or gorilla glue would secure the motor board into the foam surrounding it.

As far as the warped flap, your the first I've heard of that. Contact Tom or Mark here at Motion and see if they can help. Good luck.
        Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

Alpha called me today and we went over a quick fix for that motorboard. He went so far as to credit me the cost of the glue. Well I jusr finished gorilla gluing that in there. Its set up and solid as a rock. Motion Rc rocks!! The foam cowl got all chopped up by the prop, alpha sent me a new one today as well. He offered me a complete fuselage, but whats the point, I would have to do it to the new fuse as well. The mass is ready for the fun fly this weekend. I have a feeling that somebody will want to buy it from me. Lol. Excellent customer service in my book!!!! Motion rc has gained a new customer and I will spread the word to my fellow club flyers where to go whem they are looking for a new plane

Comment

Nice, glad to hear. They have some great customer service.

What about the warped flap?
            Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

Working...
            X