X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX hookups for ailerons and LED nav lights

I'm hoping someone can clear up my confusion/newguy stupidity... This is for assembling the RocHobby Waco.

I was expecting to see a Y harness included to link 2 aileron leads together to go to the RX.
    Instead, what's included is a harness (what's it called, a double-Y?) that has 4 female ends going to into one - yet there are only the 2 leads from the left & right wing servos.

At the same time, I don't know what you're supposed to hook up the navigation light leads to. I also thought there might be a 2nd Y-harness for that, which would plug into an Aux port on the RX. Wrong there too.

So the manual shows a diagram just showing the Aileron's going to a channel(1, "Aile"), and it shows the "Steering/Rudder4". plus LED, plus LED going to another channel(4, "Rudd").

Huh? So do the two aileron leads go to this 4-part harness, or not? Or do the rudder and nav lights use it? If they use it, then I sure don't have a clue as to what the intent was for the ailerons... Am I missing a point, or a part?

Re: RX hookups for ailerons and LED nav lights

Try the leds in with the aileron on the 4 way y and see what happens. If that doesn't work we'll figure it out from there.

Ryan

Comment

Yep, when I get another RX to put into this plane in the next day or 2, I'll just start trying combinations, including that one, and see what happens. Actually, I didn't even think of that combo! I'll repost when I've got some more info, thanks.

Comment

I connected the Nav lights to 2 of the 4 connections in the Y-Harness and plugged that into the aileron channel. The aileron servos go to the remaining 2 connections of the Y-harness. The Y-Harness is a paralell connection, so all 4 connectors have the same signals or voltages. You can plug lights / ailerons into any of the 4.
        The manual states to use the rudder channel. This would require 2, 2 connection Y harnesses. One for rudder / lights, and one for the ailerons. It looks like they just consolidated everything into one and put it on the ailerons.
        I hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, thanks much! Will try. That was the confusing part, the instructions just don't match up at all with the parts supplied, in this case anyway.

Comment

Thanks, guys - Yes, hooked the LED's into the harness along with the aileron leads, and all is working. Even have the lights on the correct side (now...<smiley image="smiley_whistling.gif"/>

Comment

Working...
            X