Avanti S - The Ultimate 80mm EDF Sport Jet!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Mk. IX Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all your kind comments guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RJ53, I had the same issue with the 'waterslides' and so I tried Micro Sol and Micro Set and it did not make a difference. Fortunately, I had gotten Callie's Spitfire Nomenclature set when she made my custom stuff. I'd save back the OEM waterslides and pick up the stickys from Callie. I did use the Roundel stickys from the kit and those worked okay. Best, LB
      Hi LB

I wanted pass along my experience. I repaired the waterslide decals with.....microscale liquid decal film(!) Also purchased all replacement nomenclature from Callie Graphics which were perfect. As you know some of the original waterslide decals needed to be used. So finally finished this scratch and dent MRC kit.. soldered on a new LED and fixed the foam on the left wing really happy with the purchase.

I took some shots in my driveway between rain and snow showers.

Rich

Comment

• Rich, You nailed it. She's a beaut. I have all of the Micro Products and I did not think to try Liquid Decal Film. Doh! Isn't that one of the most elegant designs. Gorgeous. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        Captain: Got any ideas?
        F/O: Actually not.
        — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Looks great Rich, the nomenclature decals that came with the kit were a disappointment, they tend to peel off and broke easily when applying. Callie will be the way I go as well, should have thought of that when I ordered the custom decals in the first place!
          Guys, if I haven't said it before, let me say it now, beware of the blue box! The cover of mine just fell off and the solder joint to the ailerons came off, causing a crash on take off, so check those wires. The good news it this is a tough bird! I ordered a new box and she's all repaired and ready for the air again.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	177994

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Looks great Rich, the nomenclature decals that came with the kit were a disappointment, they tend to peel off and broke easily when applying. Callie will be the way I go as well, should have thought of that when I ordered the custom decals in the first place!
            Guys, if I haven't said it before, let me say it now, beware of the blue box! The cover of mine just fell off and the solder joint to the ailerons came off, causing a crash on take off, so check those wires. The good news it this is a tough bird! I ordered a new box and she's all repaired and ready for the air again.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	177994

Grossman56
            Nice job! Yes, Callie Graphics is the way to go. Most everyone knows they are fast and very nice to work with. All the decals went down perfectly. I ordered the nomenclature set for my FW Corsair F4U1A to add some additional scale appearance.

Rich

Comment

Working...
            X