TechOne Mini Popwings - SIlly name.  Serious Flying Wing Fun!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project... Boredom is a curse... Lol

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had wondered how much counter balance weight you were gonna need to offset the mass of those motors that extremely aft.
    Now looks like a good time to do a redesign using your shaft drive that you proved out on your 39 to get those motors back up near the CG similar to the full size.
    Redesign...........blue foam.......... cheap............we're rootin for ya............
    Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder, A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; Sonic Modell Pitts Python

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      I had wondered how much counter balance weight you were gonna need to offset the mass of those motors that extremely aft.
      Now looks like a good time to do a redesign using your shaft drive that you proved out on your 39 to get those motors back up near the CG similar to the full size.
      Redesign...........blue foam.......... cheap............we're rootin for ya............
      Absolutely, I actually had thought about a redo like that. The interesting thing is it can be done with this plane And I would think possibly easier than the P39. I will try flying this as is, and then if it's really not there go for the long shafts

Comment

• Great save Rifleman !
        I have used this method in the past to build and check cg on flying wings, works great

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ay-to-find-C-G

good luck on the re-maiden !
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Cool I like that, and it makes sense.

Comment

• Frankenjet, after using that method, the black dot is the CG location as of after adding the lead.

Comment

• Great, I have used this to test wings of known CG and it came out spot on. There are some calculators out there as well you could use to compare to be sure. It makes sense to me weight would need to be added forward with 2 motors aft.
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• This is what I used to find the location I needed on mine. http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/

Comment

• Hey rifleman, I'm getting ready to mount my retracts and wondered if you reinforced the mounts or just glued the pockets to the foam?

Comment

• I bought the P38 plastic pockets and used 15 minute epoxy. That seems to hold up really well, as it's the same method I used for the P39 as well

Comment

• did the 2 cg methods come out with close results ? ?
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Right about dead on results, I'm pretty stoked

Comment

• Sweet
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Glad you got your CG. Bet she'll fly now! Doc

Comment

• Cant wait to see it get off the ground now. Dont be bashful show it like you did before..i respect that.
                              Dewey l

Comment

• Will do, take two this weekend

Comment

• Looking forward to it Rifleman. Huraaa.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Hooah!

Comment

• Take two didn't get off the ground before the plane broke in two halves​. I will take the opportunity to endeavor into the long shaft option... Looks as though the weight was more than it could hold up to. Not giving up, a few spars and a couple of long shafts will begin planning today.

Comment

• Hang in there, looking forward to seeing the shaft design
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Rifleman. Hang in there man and keep us updated.
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X