Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I’m late to the party but I’m a new member of the Dynam Waco club. I have it built just waiting for good weather to get the maiden done.

Comment

• Welcome. Be ready with the nose weight. Flies nice once the CG is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
        Welcome. Be ready with the nose weight. Flies nice once the CG is correct.
        I found my cg to be spot on at 70 mm with an Admiral 3000 4s does that measurement work for you?

Comment

• Im only running Admiral 2500s, so I had to add a bunch of lead in the nose. Seems as if most are running the 3000s and it fixes CG issues.

Comment

• Thanks way back in this thread they were adding 2to3 oz of lead to get cg on 3000’s but I’m level at 70 and slightly nose down at 75. So I wasn’t sure about it.

Comment

• One way to find out. I had to run 5ozs or more with the 2500. And had to switch props, went from 12x6 to 12x8 to get more bite to pull the extra weight. But it seems to be happy there. Hopefully you get a good day soon. We have snow and freezing temps in Ohio. Might be awhile, though i did break out the skis for the Eflite Cub.

Comment

• Skis sound like fun!
                Still Learning:D

Comment

• We got 4 inches today, now it just needs to clear up so I can take it out. Have a second set for the Turbo Beaver.

Comment

• Just finished building my Dynam Waco-I never meant to get so carried away it just kinda happened. The photos don’t do it justice I can tell you that much-now my friends say “it’s too good to fly” and should be on display lol. I’ll fly it at least once or twice. It’s my first (and only) Biplane and I’ve heard lots of good stuff about it hence I bought it. Only mod I didn’t do was swap out the LED’s for a working kit-I was over the project by that stage, plus I have a raft of planes waiting to be built-plus my buzz is flying then, not detailing, so this is the only one I’ll go to this extent on. Has anyone tried an MAS Beech prop on this bird and if so did it reduce performance?

Comment

• Took a few more photos and a bit of video doing my regular “pre maiden taxi round the yard” today. Soon as the wind settles after the weekend I’ll get it flying-in the meantime, what size lipo y’all using in this bird?? 3000 or 4000??

Comment

• If you haven't changed out the stock prop for an aftermarket, I highly recommend it. The prop that came with mine was not well balanced at all.

Comment

• Stock prop is actually quite satisfactory...........like any prop you should ensure they are balanced.
                          Still using the original that came with mine almost 5 years ago with well over 300 sorties.
                          To answer Builda's question on battery size, I've been using a 4000 with no issues.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
                          Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• Yeah my stock prop was well out of balance. Nothing alittle sandpaper couldnt fix.

Comment

• I have a MAS beech prop to go on it before I take it for a maiden flight next week. I always balance the props on everything (I even check my pre-balanced MAS ones). No guarantees but you might see it on my friends YouTube channel if I take it down to Tokoroa in 3 weeks time when we can fly there again-the airfield is booked for the next two weekends and I know Bruce is keen to see my “snoopy” plane lol

Comment

Working...
                              X