J-E-T-S JETS!  JETS!  JETS!  Find Yours Today at Motion RC.

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FMS 1400mm P-40B Warhawk Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FMS 1400mm P-40B Warhawk Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the FMS 1400mm P-40B Warhawk. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this iconic aircraft.
    Aros.MotionRC
    Motion RC Website/Advertising
    Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

I was just on Small Parts CNC and they have released new aluminum sides for the P-40B. I have the Corsair sides on mine but they take a bit of shimming and I wasn't 100% wih them, so I ordered in a set of the new ones. Anyone who has had difficulty with the FMS retract sides, this is the way to go!!

First brought to our collective attention by Warbird Charlie a while back in regards to the FMS P-51's, these were some of the most sought after mods from the group at the time. Now they're available for P-51's. F4U's and P-40B's, As stated before, you 'll break the wing before you break these retract sides. Good deal for $19.95 a side.

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=223

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Aros,
      Can we get this thread incorporated into this official thread or actually just designate that thread as the official since it was the original on this forum to start it off and has the most info.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/mo...fms-1400-p-40b
      Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Biggun(Can't Wait But Have To), A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; DTFB DR-1; Sonic Modell Pitts Python

Comment

Yep, good idea Charlie, I was hoping Todd was going to do that when he started this thread. I'm not sure how to merge two topics, so it's in his court. "Mr Aros, paging Mr Aros"

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

How do u get the hubcaps off?

Comment

There are 2 small slots at the edge of the hubcap. Insert a small flathead screwdriver, and you should be able to pry/pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Yep, good idea Charlie, I was hoping Todd was going to do that when he started this thread. I'm not sure how to merge two topics, so it's in his court. "Mr Aros, paging Mr Aros"

Grossman56
              Maybe if it is larger print and colorized he'll notice the request 30 day grace window for an answer has almost expired
              Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Biggun(Can't Wait But Have To), A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; DTFB DR-1; Sonic Modell Pitts Python

Comment

Let's see, if he doesn't I'll PM him

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                X