You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next Alpha?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

    What about all the other projects that were talked about on the old thread but were never revealed, like TRIDENT?
    I forgot all about Trident!

    Did we ever hear what the Dora's project name was?

    Comment


    • There was also the mention of "Wolves" as a project name around that same timeframe.

      Comment


      • I miss Alpha's project name teasing game for sure. I hate so many people ruined it.

        Comment


        • Project Pia Zadora - Lots of money spent to promote the plane, only to have it crash and burn in every video! LOL

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            I miss Alpha's project name teasing game for sure. I hate so many people ruined it.
            I think the reasons they stopped was more than just the hate and discontent. There seemed to be a rise in the instability of the vendors actually producing the product. Then there's the geo-political issue between the US and China. And finally, it seems lately that there hasn't been anything actually TOTALLY new. It's been existing aircraft in different sizes or with a new paint job.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

              I think the reasons they stopped was more than just the hate and discontent. There seemed to be a rise in the instability of the vendors actually producing the product. Then there's the geo-political issue between the US and China. And finally, it seems lately that there hasn't been anything actually TOTALLY new. It's been existing aircraft in different sizes or with a new paint job.
              I haven't seen any new releases that were just a new paint job besides the L39 and even Alpha said it wasn't a "new release." Yeah, they updated the Mirage and Avanti as well but there have been a bunch of other actual new releases besides those.

              No clue what political issues has to do with a fun game with Alpha... and haven't seen any evidence of them not producing a model talked about. :Thinking:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

                I haven't seen any new releases that were just a new paint job besides the L39 and even Alpha said it wasn't a "new release." Yeah, they updated the Mirage and Avanti as well but there have been a bunch of other actual new releases besides those.

                No clue what political issues has to do with a fun game with Alpha... and haven't seen any evidence of them not producing a model talked about. :Thinking:
                As mentioned in the other posts on this page, there were several "projects" who's code names were revealed, but no related release. I don't think MRC wants to go out on a limb, only to have it chopped off by manufacturers who don't follow through, interference from other "interested parties", and the on going trade conflict between China and the US. I'd rather be suprised by having a new release "pop up" in my e-mail than see the pi@#ing contests that happened before. And as for myself, I wouldn't mind more 80 and 90 mm models in the 64 mm or 70 mm 4S size. Heck I'd be happy with a Version 2 of the Freewing 64 mm F-86 with a landing gear option like the F9F, and an F9F in Navy Blue with the CG properly fixed.

                Comment


                • Another thing I think that the folks at MRC should revisit is the Skyangel/Jpower line of 50 mm EDFs. As of this writing, they offer 1 twin 30 mm plane, two twin 50 mm planes, and 15 different single 50 mm planes,
                  and several of those come in alternate color schemes. They all also come in either PNP or KIT versions for those folks who either think the stock setup is "too noisy" or just want to go the Tim
                  Taylor route.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                    I miss Alpha's project name teasing game for sure. I hate so many people ruined it.
                    I don't miss it. At some point I tuned out and stopped caring.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                      Another thing I think that the folks at MRC should revisit is the Skyangel/Jpower line of 50 mm EDFs. As of this writing, they offer 1 twin 30 mm plane, two twin 50 mm planes, and 15 different single 50 mm planes,
                      and several of those come in alternate color schemes. They all also come in either PNP or KIT versions for those folks who either think the stock setup is "too noisy" or just want to go the Tim
                      Taylor route.
                      I think they already are, in their own way? The Freewing series of 64mm EDF jets ... Lippisch, F-8, F-105, etc. I hear more are planned and though I also really loved the JPower 50's, they were nowhere near as scale looking as what Freewing is doing with the 64s. ;)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bajora View Post

                        I think they already are, in their own way? The Freewing series of 64mm EDF jets ... Lippisch, F-8, F-105, etc. I hear more are planned and though I also really loved the JPower 50's, they were nowhere near as scale looking as what Freewing is doing with the 64s. ;)
                        But WHEN? Every "new" release, not counting the addition of the Black Horse line have been 6s 70 mm and bigger.

                        Comment


                        • How about a V2 of the SU35, or a new twin 70 Mig 29?

                          Comment


                          • I put in my request for a 90mm T-38 like this one, it don't have to be this exact livery, but I would buy one just like this.....................:Cool:

                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                              I put in my request for a 90mm T-38 like this one, it don't have to be this exact livery, but I would buy one just like this.....................:Cool:
                              DC, and then you'd want to "Pace Chase" it's Big 'Habu' Brother, I suppose? LOL Best, LB
                              Captain: Got any ideas?
                              F/O: Actually not.
                              — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                              Comment


                              • Alpha I just read your story in the new issue of the AMA mag and I have to say....Very Educational and informative!:Cool:

                                Reading that article really makes me appreciate what is done to bring us these fine Freewing and Flightline Models we've come to know and love!

                                Thank you for all you and your team do! :):Cool:

                                Comment


                                • Ditto that! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                                    Alpha I just read your story in the new issue of the AMA mag and I have to say....Very Educational and informative!:Cool:

                                    Reading that article really makes me appreciate what is done to bring us these fine Freewing and Flightline Models we've come to know and love!

                                    Thank you for all you and your team do! :):Cool:
                                    Great article Alpha. I recognize most of the pic’s from this site, so thanks for the preview! What a team!:Cool:

                                    Comment


                                    • Motion has really stepped up for NEFI. We are very appreciative of their support for this great event. Raised over $1800 for the charities involved.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by speed2004 View Post
                                        Motion has really stepped up for NEFI. We are very appreciative of their support for this great event. Raised over $1800 for the charities involved.
                                        Awesome!!! Welcome Speed!! Hobby Squawk has some great folks here Bro!!! :Cool: Jerry

                                        Comment


                                        • How about the Esky Eagle? ( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...C-Airplane-PNP ). It's pretty much the same as the Hobbyzone Scout, without the bells and whistles, is easy to assemble and fly as seen in post #3574 of this thread: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-today/page184 .

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X