You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next Alpha?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Elbee View Post

    Hey Hugh, Just want to say our thoughts and prayers are for you over the next few days as you attempt "Hurricane Avoidance" in the Miami area. Certainly, you have been through this before, though here in the Midwest we do marvel at the 'hurry up and wait' preparations that are made to remain 'feet dry'. All the best to you and yours, Steve
    Thanks Steve and Hardway, much appreciated. Your prayers worked wonders, storm is going to miss us completely, although we have enough food, water and gas stored up for a month. House is all shuttered up, so having a big missed hurricane party tonight, bring on the alcohol. Now we need to pray for the Corolinas.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FlightLine-90mm F16 "Wild Weasel", F4 Phantom, F-4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair, Red Bull Edge. E-Flite-2-Beast 60's, P2 Bi-Plane, Yak 54, 2-P-51's, Apprentice, 2-Super Cubs w/Floats.

    Comment


    • It’s getting close to Christmas, get ready for a new release.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
        It’s getting close to Christmas, get ready for a new release.
        Don't hold your breath, because most of what we've been getting has been reworks of an existing model, like a new paint job, or upgraded propulsion system. I think somebody's putting a squeeze on MRC, and the trade war isn't helping either.

        Comment


        • What adding the Blackhorse line along with the ProFly line isn't enough for you guys? I'm sure that took resources away from other " new projects". I believe your overthinking this or reading something into this that isn't there. The "trade war" is nothing but a tool to level the playing field and I'm happy to see that someone is finally dealing with the Chinese.A few bucks here and there won't kill us.
          Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

          Comment


          • pity we cant get the ProFly Bronco in Australia :(

            Comment


            • That's really a shame. I'm really like the OV-10, I'm assembling mine right now.

              Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                What adding the Blackhorse line along with the ProFly line isn't enough for you guys? I'm sure that took resources away from other " new projects". I believe your overthinking this or reading something into this that isn't there. The "trade war" is nothing but a tool to level the playing field and I'm happy to see that someone is finally dealing with the Chinese.A few bucks here and there won't kill us.
                Mike
                Sorry, but us foamie fans would like something new too. And if there's no pressure, then what happened to the FMS models?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                  Sorry, but us foamie fans would like something new too. And if there's no pressure, then what happened to the FMS models?
                  That door swings both ways. I think us balsa and ply guys have been very patient waiting to fill our hangers also. For the last few years it's been nothing but foam. I along with many others welcome the new lines. What happened to FMS? Because Horizon distributes them that's a bad thing? There's still no real support from Horizon on that line and I don't support or even recommend FMS products due to that. Their electronics and gear have always been subpar. Most guys I fly with who have tried FMS have dumped them due to all the issues. They don't hold a candle to FL or FW.in any area.

                  Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

                  Comment


                  • I agree with you Mike. I enjoy many of the foam birds from FW and FL. But, Motion's step up to the world of wood ARFs was what many of us have been waiting for. Many of the Black Horse and the new Pro Fly line are offering birds that aren't the common fare seen at flying fields everyday. New is new in any format.

                    Motion RC might want to look at cloning our man Alpha. He's one busy guy at the moment.

                    Comment


                    • I'd like to see a quality Beechcraft Baron G-58 in foam. I had the FlyFly version but it wasn't a quality plane at all. I'd even go for a foam Dornier 335 while we wait for the BH kit to come around.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                        I'd like to see a quality Beechcraft Baron G-58 in foam. I had the FlyFly version but it wasn't a quality plane at all. I'd even go for a foam Dornier 335 while we wait for the BH kit to come around.
                        Have you looked at this one?:
                        https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-b...-retracts.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MikeT View Post

                          That door swings both ways. I think us balsa and ply guys have been very patient waiting to fill our hangers also. For the last few years it's been nothing but foam. I along with many others welcome the new lines. What happened to FMS? Because Horizon distributes them that's a bad thing? There's still no real support from Horizon on that line and I don't support or even recommend FMS products due to that. Their electronics and gear have always been subpar. Most guys I fly with who have tried FMS have dumped them due to all the issues. They don't hold a candle to FL or FW.in any area.

                          Mike
                          Well, then it begs the question of why MRC hasn't introduced any of the Blackhorse jets? :

                          http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?p...atalog=jet-edf

                          https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/42-je...er-black_horse

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                            I have that one already. I'm looking for a foam plane that I could use as a beater, everyday flyer that I could just throw in the car and not really worry about ruining.

                            Comment


                            • "Well, then it begs the question of why MRC hasn't introduced any of the Blackhorse jets? :

                              http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?p...atalog=jet-edf

                              https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/42-je...er-black_horse"

                              Don't know and really don't care, but I'm sure you have some conspiracy theory why. Why not let us all in on it?

                              Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                                Well, then it begs the question of why MRC hasn't introduced any of the Blackhorse jets? :

                                http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?p...atalog=jet-edf

                                https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/42-je...er-black_horse
                                Come on guys, let's ratchet it back a bit.

                                To address your point Valk, I would bet it's a matter or support and logistics. Several factors likely come into play.

                                1) Factory production capacity.
                                2) U.S./international warehouse capacity.
                                3) When Motion brings on a new product line, they like to also have the "also needed" items. Like retracts, EDF units, motors, servos, etc. available.
                                4) Motion would also need to have the CS team up to speed as well.

                                When all of that is in place and the customer demand is there, I'm sure we'll see them and others of that brand.

                                There are, no doubt, several new Freewing and Flightline birds in the pipeline as well.

                                Comment


                                • Factor #5 is likely risk management. They likely wanted to see how the BH models would be received before expanding the selection.

                                  I did see a comment, I think it was on a different forum, that Motion was planning to bring in the whole BH lineup. I don't know where that originated or how accurate it is, but I'm hoping (my wallet is hoping NOT).

                                  Comment


                                  • Hoping for a flightline BF109F or FW190. Love my fms 1.4m 109.

                                    someone shared a teaser for a fms twin 70 flanker, so that has my interest currently. I've been waffling on picking up the freewing su35 , so we'll see if my decision is swayed.

                                    Comment


                                    • CF-105, welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are here... Jerry

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
                                        Factor #5 is likely risk management. They likely wanted to see how the BH models would be received before expanding the selection. I did see a comment, I think it was on a different forum, that Motion was planning to bring in the whole BH lineup. I don't know where that originated or how accurate it is, but I'm hoping (my wallet is hoping NOT).
                                        CF-105, What HRDWY said plus a hearty "Hello". Best, LB
                                        Captain: Got any ideas?
                                        F/O: Actually not.
                                        — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

                                          Come on guys, let's ratchet it back a bit.

                                          To address your point Valk, I would bet it's a matter or support and logistics. Several factors likely come into play.

                                          1) Factory production capacity.
                                          2) U.S./international warehouse capacity.
                                          3) When Motion brings on a new product line, they like to also have the "also needed" items. Like retracts, EDF units, motors, servos, etc. available.
                                          4) Motion would also need to have the CS team up to speed as well.

                                          When all of that is in place and the customer demand is there, I'm sure we'll see them and others of that brand.

                                          There are, no doubt, several new Freewing and Flightline birds in the pipeline as well.
                                          Hey guys, wanted to chime in on a few of the comments I see here from the past 2-3 pages.

                                          As for Black Horse. We have full intentions on eventually carrying their whole product lineup but it just will take time. ARF models are produced entirely different than Foam models. As you can imagine it takes longer. Black Horse already has distributors they have to supply to all over the world, just they didn't have one in North America and we are so happy to become that for them. But, like anything new, we have to learn the market so we started with 15 models that gave a decent variety of model types to help us gauge customer interest. The line will grow for sure, but slowly. We also have to build our relationship with Black Horse in general. It's not possible to just buy boatloads of every model and get them here. But Twowing put some valid points in his bullets. When you introduce and carry a new line of products like Balsa ARF kits, you also want to make sure you have all the parts needed for a pilot to be able to finish the aircraft just on Motion RC's web page and that takes time as well. So yes, we should at some point carry all of what Black Horse is still producing and new stuff they release, but when? only time will tell.

                                          As for the new Freewing/FlightLine stuff? Nothing is wrong, nothing is delayed, nothing is in trouble regardless the stories people conjure up in their brain and let out in a forum. We have plenty on the way, we just feel no need in riling everyone up until we are ready to spill the beans hence why you have seen no more project names, no more teases, none of that (although I loved that stuff).

                                          But we still have tons of models available and I am sure most people haven't flown each and every one yet. So although a product may be older, it would still be new for you.

                                          Happy Flying!

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X