You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

    You know I would love one of those, seriously no pun intended. When the F-22 came out, everyone was expecting an F-100, or I say many were expecting it. F-22 is a great plane, many love it. I'm just sayin.

    So we come back to a plane that is dear to my heart. The A-7 Corsair II. Awesome plane. Was a very popular model when jet hanger hobbies made it. Now no one makes it. At least that I know of.
    so a small group of hobby minded people decided to come up with a nick new name for this plane. and it caught on. So in the circles I run in, I see and awfully lot of would be owners wondering why no one is producing a model for this plane. But I think because of the new nick name. No one has even considered it. I don't fault MRC, they are just one modest successful organization. They can't make everything. It just surprises me that no company is making it. In my opinion it is a guaranteed winner.

    But so are all of those you just mentioned. One company can't do them all.

    Best Regards
    Woody
    Great time to be in the hobby!!!

    Comment


    • Yes it is! It most certainly is.

      W

      Comment


      • Twin 70 or 80mm S-3 Viking!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
          Twin 70 or 80mm S-3 Viking!
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

          Comment


          • I would like to see a B47 Hustler.....the Cold War Nuke bomber......maybe 1500mm or a bit larger... I'd like to see a F102/106 Delta Dart too, but if I am choosing, it is the 47.....I am a sucker for multis

            Comment


            • Personally, I'd love to see a 1/7 scale Hawker Hurricane to sit alongside the fantastic Mk9 spit - 2020 will see the 80th Anniversary of the Battle Of Britain and the only other foam Hurricane is Dynams 1270mm, which, frankly, just doesn't do the old girl justice. I know there would be an interest for a decent Hurri in the UK and probs the rest of Europe, don't know if there would be the same level of enthusiasm as there has been for the Spit Stateside ...A 3d printed Vokes filter and cannons would open up the possibilities of rescheming into a desert tank buster for wider appeal though. On the EDF front, following on from cashmoneybrother's desire for an A7, I've always wanted an F8D Crusader with functional variable incidence wing - awesome aeroplane, last of the true gunfighters- if anyone can do it justice it's Alpha. A Hun would be a most tempting prospect also - at the moment I'm swithering between an F4U or the A4 Skyhawk for my Christmas self-indulgence....

              Comment


              • With the release of Freewing's AL37, I would love to see some of the military heavies modeled. With multiple fans (from 80- 55mm) any of these bombers and transports would be a welcome addition to the lineup:
                B-2
                B-1B
                Avro Vulcan
                XB-70
                C-141
                C-17
                B-47
                B-52

                Although the 8 engined B-52 would seem to be a big stretch, I don't think it would be completely out of the realm of feasibility. At least from a power system perspective, 8 of the FMS 55mm fans and some 45A ESCs comes out to around $320. Not that different from the total power system cost of the single 90s and twin 80s. The wing design would be very difficult in foam, but not impossible.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                  With the release of Freewing's AL37, I would love to see some of the military heavies modeled. With multiple fans (from 80- 55mm) any of these bombers and transports would be a welcome addition to the lineup:
                  B-2
                  B-1B
                  Avro Vulcan
                  XB-70
                  C-141 A or B
                  C-17
                  B-47
                  B-52

                  Although the 8 engined B-52 would seem to be a big stretch, I don't think it would be completely out of the realm of feasibility. At least from a power system perspective, 8 of the FMS 55mm fans and some 45A ESCs comes out to around $320. Not that different from the total power system cost of the single 90s and twin 80s. The wing design would be very difficult in foam, but not impossible.
                  AMA 424553

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    With the release of Freewing's AL37, I would love to see some of the military heavies modeled. With multiple fans (from 80- 55mm) any of these bombers and transports would be a welcome addition to the lineup:
                    B-2
                    B-1B
                    Avro Vulcan
                    XB-70
                    C-141
                    C-17
                    B-47
                    B-52

                    Although the 8 engined B-52 would seem to be a big stretch, I don't think it would be completely out of the realm of feasibility. At least from a power system perspective, 8 of the FMS 55mm fans and some 45A ESCs comes out to around $320. Not that different from the total power system cost of the single 90s and twin 80s. The wing design would be very difficult in foam, but not impossible.
                    Out of your list, the only marginally feasible ones are B-1B, Avro Vulcan, and XB-70, because of the engine nacelle design on the Bone and Vulcan you could get away with tho EDFs in stead of four. The B-2's out because MRC uses a foam that doesn't work with black, and the other four would not be deemed "cost effective" due to the engine pods. Now they tell me that the XB-70's in that lot too, but it's been done by NiceSky. It's no longer in production though. And I've even offered the airframe I have for MRC to reverse-engineer the plane which used a single 70 mm EDF feeding a six outlet manifold. The biggest problem with the NiceSky one was flimsy servo driven landing gear. So all it would need would be simple up-to-date servoless landing gear, a decent 70 mm EDF, and two servos for the elevons. And it doesn't have to have the four wheeled mains or working rudders, or working canard. Just Keep It Simple. As for your B-52, even with 50 mm EDFs, it'd still be a monster in size. Four or eight 28 mm EDFs like the ones used in the Eflite UMX jets might work, but then there's the landing gear "trucks", unless you went with "non-scale" landing gear, but people on here are too picky to go for that.

                    Comment


                    • I would love to see a B-1B. But seriously that has one very serious set of landing gears. To ignore them would be second rate. With the gear and the form factor, I'm thinking it would really need to be a composite model. Basically the way the the gear sets in there, I'm not sure foam would be strong enough, but who knows. Would be a really cool model.

                      I have one of the C-17's that are available new in the box. The reason it's still in the box is because it will be a total rework for me. Stock model seems to flap it's wings a lot, basically just not strong enough so I'm going to have to re-enforce the whole wing, fit it with retracts, new 11 to 12 blade fans. Lots of work. I would love to see Freewing make one of these, I would sell the one I have for sure, and buy theirs.

                      I don't see eye to eye with Alpha on a verity of things. But I have complete faith that if he made a C-17 it would have wings strong enough, retracts, and proper fan units, weeelll Freewing does have it fair share of, "Howeling Betty Fans" they work well, I just need to plug my ears. I love how my park flyer jets fly, plenty of power for the most part, and work well. But the sound Arrgh.

                      I think, "MRC's" great, I think, "Alpha" is great (we're lucky to have him), I think, "Freewing & Flightline" make great models. But I think Alpha & I can agree if they made a B-1B it would have to have a nice set of special designed retractable landing gear, (that B-1B has one serious set of struts). Something cut with C&C machines, designed tested, just for the B-1B. I believe this would push the price of such a model well beyond 1K. Is it doable, yea in my opinion. But I seriously think at that price point it would be real risky. I wouldn't blame them for not doing it one bit. But who knows, it would be a really cool plane. I'm still trying to round up the scratch to get the new AL-37. I want one of those real bad LOL.

                      W

                      Comment


                      • beautiful day here today. Took the Flightline Tigercat out....Just a super nice plane to fly. Fast, but not nerve wracking. Certainly looks good, and it is a great size for a twin. Anything Flightline makes that is near that quality, and I am in! I thought the question was EDFs for some reason.
                        I want to change my vote to P 61...….Who doesn't love a Black Widow? I would preorder a Flightline in a snap....or a Black Horse. (still haven't even built the He111) Like I heard someone say, I have to age my kits a bit, before I build them
                        Second would be the Dragonfly or a Mohawk.....again....Flightline for foam.....BH if it is a built up *** Phoenix makes a real nice aircraft too. Love my Invader

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WAYNE888 View Post
                          beautiful day here today. Took the Flightline Tigercat out....Just a super nice plane to fly. Fast, but not nerve wracking. Certainly looks good, and it is a great size for a twin. Anything Flightline makes that is near that quality, and I am in! I thought the question was EDFs for some reason.
                          I want to change my vote to P 61...….Who doesn't love a Black Widow? I would preorder a Flightline in a snap....or a Black Horse. (still haven't even built the He111) Like I heard someone say, I have to age my kits a bit, before I build them
                          Second would be the Dragonfly or a Mohawk.....again....Flightline for foam.....BH if it is a built up *** Phoenix makes a real nice aircraft too. Love my Invader
                          As a foamie, a P-61 would have to look like this:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackWidows55.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	218475

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	218476

                          But what would be REALLY REALLY NICE would be to have both Black Widows. Twin 64 mm or smaller for the YF-23 in this livery:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	218477

                          Comment


                          • How bout a Lockheed l133..that would be crazy

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                              Out of your list, the only marginally feasible ones are B-1B, Avro Vulcan, and XB-70, because of the engine nacelle design on the Bone and Vulcan you could get away with tho EDFs in stead of four. The B-2's out because MRC uses a foam that doesn't work with black, and the other four would not be deemed "cost effective" due to the engine pods. Now they tell me that the XB-70's in that lot too, but it's been done by NiceSky. It's no longer in production though. And I've even offered the airframe I have for MRC to reverse-engineer the plane which used a single 70 mm EDF feeding a six outlet manifold. The biggest problem with the NiceSky one was flimsy servo driven landing gear. So all it would need would be simple up-to-date servoless landing gear, a decent 70 mm EDF, and two servos for the elevons. And it doesn't have to have the four wheeled mains or working rudders, or working canard. Just Keep It Simple. As for your B-52, even with 50 mm EDFs, it'd still be a monster in size. Four or eight 28 mm EDFs like the ones used in the Eflite UMX jets might work, but then there's the landing gear "trucks", unless you went with "non-scale" landing gear, but people on here are too picky to go for that.
                              I disagree with your assessment. The B-2 is mostly dark grey, with black trim. An entire black plane is out, but a dark grey with some black trim isn’t that far from what they’ve already made. As for engine pods, if they were “cost effective” for the Airliner, I see no difference here. The design and mounting would be nearly identical. For the XB-70, I’m still sad that I missed out on the Nicesky version. Have hunted for one for years with no success. Personally, I would love one a bit larger though, maybe for twin 70s or 80s. The Nicesky version had an extra tall intake to accommodate the single fan setup. Switching to multiple fans would allow that thickness to be brought back down to scale size. I saw Brent Becker’s awesome quad 70mm scratchbuilt model this year and it was an awesome sight to behold! As for the B-52, it certainly would be big!! I would think it would around a 2m span. Retracts can actual be done fairly simply. John Morgan used 2 standard retracts in the back, and 2 nose retracts up front and it worked quite well. This model was made from the park flyer plastics plans with 40mm edfs and it flew great!

                              Comment


                              • People have said this before, and Eflite is DOMINATING with this, so Flightline should step up and make the greatest P-47 foamie the world will see! Of course, it would be like the corsairs, having a razorback and bubbletop varients.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment


                                • Yeah I am still waiting on FlightLine to produce a gorgeous large scale Razorback P-47... Come on Alpha, not like you're busy or anything!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    Yeah I am still waiting on FlightLine to produce a gorgeous large scale Razorback P-47... Come on Alpha, not like you're busy or anything!
                                    You think they'd go after that one right now with the FMS 1500mm still out there?

                                    Comment


                                    • Would it be too cliche` to add another P-51 to the market in a B (Malcolm Hood) variant; say, 1600mm like the Spittie? It is a wish-list thing, right? Best, LB
                                      Captain: Got any ideas?
                                      F/O: Actually not.
                                      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        Would it be too cliche` to add another P-51 to the market in a B (Malcolm Hood) variant; say, 1600mm like the Spittie? It is a wish-list thing, right? Best, LB

                                        Yea, would be a cool one indeed. This variant is in no way done enough. As much as I messed with P-51's in my youth, I've actually never seen one of these in person. W

                                        Comment


                                        • Wondering when a 1600mm FW190 will join the FlightLine group of WWII Warbirds. Either with or without the Swastika. It's ironic that the swastika was once a "good luck" symbol... Click image for larger version

Name:	Focke Wulf FW-190 (7).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	218568

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X