You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynam PT-17 1300mm

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dynam PT-17 1300mm

    Finally getting around to the PT-17 build. Overall, it looks like a great airplane. Had a few issues to workout, but overall, the assembly is going smoothly and hope to maiden soon. Here are a few pics.

  • #2
    Nice, I just completed my build of a Yellow PT-17. Had to order many parts as i was shorted several...but she's built and ready to go. Yours looks great.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well of course the weather is perfect for a maiden and the rudder snaps off while transporting to the field. I thought I had it secured in the back, but it rolled and bent the rudder and tore the hinge right off. Back to the bench for a repair.

      Comment


      • #4
        ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. ONE THE THE PRETTIEST PLANES EVER BUILT FOR AVIATION IMO. THE FIRST PLANE I EVER SAW CROP DUST HERE IN ARKANSAS. THANKS FOR SHARING.
        WISH YOU MANY HOURS OF ENJOYMENT.
        Jimmy

        I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)


        Death is the number one killer in the world.

        Comment


        • #5
          Vertical stab and rudder are fixed! Maidened this morning and had a great flight. Plan on mounting an insta360 in the cockpit next time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mine is pretty much ready to fly also. Still need to final balance.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Turbinematt View Post
              Mine is pretty much ready to fly also. Still need to final balance.
              Looks great! Let us know when you maiden!

              Comment


              • #8
                Had to pick one up myself. I just love the PT-17, just not that crazy about Dynam. So I built mine as a SpekDyn plane.
                I was very happy to see they got the fuse paint matched to the tail. After seeing some vids on it, I was prepared to repaint the fuse. So very happy to see I didn't need to. I did put some paint on, and around, the dummy motor. As well as the wing struts. Just didn't seem right to leave them silver. Then I added Spektrum's Smart Tech with an Avion 60amp esc and the AR631. Thus "SpekDyn". Still fine tuning as I wait on my Robart wheels... c'mon Motion. They should be here in a few more days. I can't wait to get 'er maiden voyage
                P-51 1.5: BettyLou,CZ Cub: Cubzie,PT-17: Spekdyn,P-51 1.2: JuneBug,
                mPd: Commander,Cherokee: Outacite,Night Timber: NTX

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                  Had to pick one up myself. I just love the PT-17, just not that crazy about Dynam. So I built mine as a SpekDyn plane.
                  I was very happy to see they got the fuse paint matched to the tail. After seeing some vids on it, I was prepared to repaint the fuse. So very happy to see I didn't need to. I did put some paint on, and around, the dummy motor. As well as the wing struts. Just didn't seem right to leave them silver. Then I added Spektrum's Smart Tech with an Avion 60amp esc and the AR631. Thus "SpekDyn". Still fine tuning as I wait on my Robart wheels... c'mon Motion. They should be here in a few more days. I can't wait to get 'er maiden voyage
                  What a peach! Got them wheels yet?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks.. yes I did. Now I'm just waiting on an update cable for this damn 'stupid charger'. I purchased the G2 batt's to go with it and they don't use a balance port. So my charger needs updated to charge them correctly now. Actually hoping it shows up tomorrow. Also picked up the NTX for before and after hours flying. So I'm looking to do a double maiden this week. Very nervous with this one though. I have to set the AS3X gains before I can lock them in. Another 1st for me as I've never tried to program a rx before now. Should prove to be very exciting.
                    P-51 1.5: BettyLou,CZ Cub: Cubzie,PT-17: Spekdyn,P-51 1.2: JuneBug,
                    mPd: Commander,Cherokee: Outacite,Night Timber: NTX

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Built me a little office hanger to help keep the some of the girls cooler during these hotter months ahead. Kept me busy for a weekend of waiting on deliveries.
                      P-51 1.5: BettyLou,CZ Cub: Cubzie,PT-17: Spekdyn,P-51 1.2: JuneBug,
                      mPd: Commander,Cherokee: Outacite,Night Timber: NTX

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                        Built me a little office hanger to help keep the some of the girls cooler during these hotter months ahead. Kept me busy for a weekend of waiting on deliveries.
                        Looks like a Piper DID find a place in your Hangar! How do you like it? I upgraded the prop to a 10x10.5 and threw a 4S 3000mAh battery in mine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

                          Looks like a Piper DID find a place in your Hangar! How do you like it? I upgraded the prop to a 10x10.5 and threw a 4S 3000mAh battery in mine.
                          I love it! I do fly it on the 4s as well. Took me a few flights to get used to the full elevator. Was very touchy for me at first. She's great for those early morning flights. Lights up pretty good.
                          My update cable finally arrived! Just finished getting the charger updated. After a couple fails, I finally figured it out. Charging the batt's now. Gotta check the radar, but hope to maiden tomorrow and get the rx set in the Stearman.
                          P-51 1.5: BettyLou,CZ Cub: Cubzie,PT-17: Spekdyn,P-51 1.2: JuneBug,
                          mPd: Commander,Cherokee: Outacite,Night Timber: NTX

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not real fond of the Gen2's either, can't balance board them, I only have one of them, think I'll stick with Gen1's or purchase E-flights with balance leads.
                            I had to purchase Spektrum's special tester to check it at the field, might sell the Gen2 and replace it with an E-flight, as for the tester, best one for checking batteries or servo's I've used so far, mine needs more back light, very hard to see the screen details in broad sun light.
                            I might have figure out how to program in more back light, but for now I have to swing around until the tester is in my shadow.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X