Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fly with an Admiral 6000 and it sits with part of it off the back part of the tray. I still carry about 3 mm of up elevator trim.

Move your battery farther back and/or add weight under the tail. Balance it on the factory CG mark. You have some work to do.

-GG

Comment

• Where are you putting your receiver, and which way is the battery lead facing? These 2 things can help a lot with the CG.

Comment

• If I buy the plain white one, does it come literally painted white, or is it bare foam? Looking to put American Airlines livery on this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syntha View Post
          If I buy the plain white one, does it come literally painted white, or is it bare foam? Looking to put American Airlines livery on this plane.
          Painted…actually a slight cream color. Home Depot mix shown below:

-GG

Click image for larger version

Name:	14D5F4E7-B82D-4E2A-BDCA-16FAF438FF02.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	350757

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Painted…actually a slight cream color. Home Depot mix shown below:

-GG

Click image for larger version  Name:	14D5F4E7-B82D-4E2A-BDCA-16FAF438FF02.jpeg Views:	47 Size:	151.8 KB ID:	350757
            This same paint shade is also a dead-on match for the FW F14 (bottom side), the Avios Mig17, and the FW T45.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Has anyone put the E52 gyro in the Al37? I am ready to tame the tail. What percentages and what surface are you using to stop the tail wag? Also thinking about this for my PJ50.

Comment

• I use a HobbyEagle in my AL37 and I use a Spektrum Safe Select in my PJ50. What these planes need is what the real 737 uses - a yaw damper. Yaw is dictated by the rudder, so you want high gain on the rudder. The HE gets about 50% on the rudder and the AS3X gets about 60 as its number represent different units. As long as you're putting a gyro on these planes, you may as well take advantage and dial in some gain on the AIL and ELE channels as well - HE, 35% AIL and 35 - 40% ELE. Adjust to suit your flying style.
                The E52 is not that dissimilar from the HE.

Comment

• I do have a Aura8 and my receivers are spektrum AR8020t. I will go look online and see what they can do.

Comment

• A pro pilot friend of mine is thinking of getting this aircraft so I let him take the big Delta Max up for a spin, he's not afraid to fly in the weeds
                    It really is a lot of fun to watch him fly!

https://youtu.be/KK0hsb45boA

Comment

• When you check the CG is it nose heavy? Is the elevator manually trimmed correctly as shown on page 9 of the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
                        When you check the CG is it nose heavy? Is the elevator manually trimmed correctly as shown on page 9 of the manual?
                        Not quite sure what exactly you are asking. To achieve the recommended balance at the CG marks on the plane, the battery is placed wherever it needs to be. It's not nose heavy or tail heavy unless that's how you want to fly the plane. If you start with the book CG, it should be neutrally balanced. If you're asking if people fly this plane nose heavy, I suppose some do but then, some will fly it tail heavy and for different reasons.
                        Page 9 of the manual shows you a reference only picture and what the throws ought to be (for starters). Where it's trimmed on your plane will be specific to your plane and your flying style.

Comment

Working...
                        X