X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by althepal88 View Post

... maybe a build thread on HobbySquawk or RCU/RCGroups, like what we have going would help.
    Hey, guys, I just finished up this model and I have a build thread on RC Groups-- check it out here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Saito-180-glow

I really like this kit. One of the more pleasurable ARFs I have put together to date. Can't wait to fly it now!

Don.

Comment

So awesome dgliderguy ! Welcome to hobbysquawk. I enjoy my Fairchild for sure. When is the maiden? and will you be doing any extra customizations to it? I have been thinking about trying to beautify the cockpit with seats/pilots etc.

Comment

Speaking of "beautifying" the cockpit - where would you go to find little detail pieces like door handles, seat belts, sticks, etc? I'm thinking the same thing since there is so much real estate to work in, and there is good access with the front hatch and side doors. I've downloaded several images from the internet - and I already have some white faux leather on hand!

Comment

Originally posted by USMA-82 View Post
          Speaking of "beautifying" the cockpit - where would you go to find little detail pieces like door handles, seat belts, sticks, etc? I'm thinking the same thing since there is so much real estate to work in, and there is good access with the front hatch and side doors. I've downloaded several images from the internet - and I already have some white faux leather on hand!

I would go nowhere else but Callie Graphics https://callie-graphics.com/

She will customize just about anything if you provide her reference pics and measurements.

Comment

I don't plan on doing any dress-up of the interior, since it is not all that visible without close-up scrutiny. I do, however, plan to get Callie to make me some registration numbers for it. I didn't much care for the semi-translucent, italicized decals that came with the kit. And the pictures show them incorrectly applied, with numbers on the fuselage sides AND the rudder, and the wing decals on the wrong side. I was relieved to find that they were not pre-applied.

By the way, I tossed the seats in my scrap bin. The floor is too high in the cabin for them. They didn't look right all perched way up high, and they seem too small for the scaling anyway, so I didn't bother to mount them. Look at an interior shot of a full-size Fairchild and you will see what I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00080228.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	226966

Comment

Working...
            X