Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse PZL-104 Wilga 2240mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...lga-2240mm-arf

PZL-104 Wilga is a Polish short-takeoff-and-landing civil aviation utility aircraft designed and originally manufactured by PZL Warszawa-Okęcie, and later by European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company, who had acquired the original manufacturer during 2001.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:6.5 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model was designed for electric drives but can also be operated with an internal combustion engine about 15cc displacement.

Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Covered in high quality Oracover
    • Heavy-duty hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed dummy radial engine, cockpit and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • Pull-Pull control system on the rudder for precision control and authority
    • comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
    • Fiberglass cowl
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
    Includes:
    • Black Horse PZL-104 Wilga 2240mm (88.19") Wingspan - ARF
    Requires (Electric):Requires (Gas):
    • Engine: 25-30cc 2-stroke - NGH GT25 recommended or 30-40cc 4-stroke - NGH GT38 recommended
    • Gas Propeller: 15x8-16x10 (2 Stroke) 18x10-20x8 (4 Stroke)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BH124(6).png Views:	0 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	194524
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Like the Lysander this one is so weird looking it's cool looking! Has a great civilian appeal I always like and it has a unique profile...Damn choices, choices... LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

The Wilga is unique looking and Black Horse's larger Wilga is very finely detailed for a balsa bird. Its surface detail is really admirable considering the mix of materials. It was clear to me that Black Horse's owner really loves the Wilga in real life and is proud of their renditions.

Comment

Definitely shows...Those corrugated panel lines are really cool...
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Other than the giant tundra tires, how is the Wilga different from the Wilga Draco?

Comment

Draco is turbo prop and a completely new airframe basically. The Wilga has a radial engine. Wilga is a Ford, Draco a Ferrari in that respect :)

Comment

Thanks, Stuart. Since building my Twin Otter and Mystique RES ARF (my favorite sailplane), I've not considered another balsa model but this one or the OV-10 could change my mind. Just curious how tough it would be to mod it to be a Draco, but since it's a different airframe, I won't mess with it.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	195225
                This is my one , powered by a Eflite power 160 on 10s 5000mah and with a Biela Scale Wilga Prop
                Has flaperons setup so will take off in about 10 feet :)
                Added the ribbing on the upper control surfaces and Dubro inflatable wheels and also the Steps to get into the plane (maybe a bit small)
                changed the Decals as well , used printable waterslide on the fuselage side rego and self adhesive ones for the wings

was thinking of putting aerotow on it , but its a bit of a tight fit :)

I do have telemetry on it and and top speed so far is 125 kmh flat out and slowest level flight was at 21 kmh

Comment

Wow, SWEET! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I really like that Biela prop!

I like the exterior and interior detailing on the Wilga. Black Horse provides a good base from which extra customization like yours really elevates the entire model. The large one piece molded fiberglass cowl is nice, too, from a production standpoint. I've seen the molds myself at the factory and they're quite impressive.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_39907.jpg Views:	3 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	195264
                      2- blade propeller "Biela" 19 x 7 "Wilga"

Is a bit of a pain changing batteries on this beast , as their isn't a lot of room for your hand..... and I don't fly with the pilots in as u have to remove the front seats / pilots to get to the battery :(
                      the pay off it that u don't have to clean it afterwards.....

I used 2x Hobby king 12 led light clusters in the wings and a turnigy rx controlled switch.

Comment

Terminator nice work! You did a really nice clean build and I like the tires and pilot ladders. I have always wanted a Wilga for R/C aerotowing. However, nobody around me flies gliders and I only go to about 2-3 aerotowing events a year. Still, I don't know if I can resist. I'm stoked MotionRC is carrying this plane. It's a nice size and value. What sort of flight times are you getting with your 10s 5000 setup?

Comment

I set the timer for around the 6 1/2 minute mark , I'm sure I could get more with better throttle management :) and that's brings the cells down to around 3.8v
                          using the HK 25c batteries so nothing fancy..
                          The plane is fully aerobatic only thing it dosnt like is flying Inverted for too long...

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                            The plane is fully aerobatic only thing it dosnt like is flying Inverted for too long...
                            I can understand why. It's got a lot of weight below the wing. It's like "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down". Ever try standing a Weeble on it's head? ;)

Comment

Happy to see Motion RC carrying the Black Horse line, have been wanting the Wilga for quite some time but shipping costs from overseas have kept me from acquiring one so far.

One question, can someone tell me the inside diameter of the cowl? I have an Evolution 7 - 35 radial that would be a proper engine for a Wilga if it fits inside the fiberglass cowl without having to cut it up.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	195877

Took some measurements for u its bout 7 1/2 inch right at the front of the cowl
                                also I added a Half former to help support the Cowl..

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post

Took some measurements for u its bout 7 1/2 inch right at the front of the cowl
                                  also I added a Half former to help support the Cowl..
                                  Thanks for providing the measurements, looks like the Evo 7-35 will fit with enough clearance to not have to do any cutting.

Unfortunately SWMBO has decreed no more airplanes come in unless one of the current fleet leaves so looks like I'll have to shift one or two out the door before adding the Wilga to the hangar.

Comment

Do the landing gear have shock absorption at all? Are they rugged?

If anyone wants to know the difference between Draco and the stock Wilga, here is the place. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSv...ThqIrloZjWwNVg
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Yes they have some shock
                                      absorption just like oleos , thats why i put the dubro air wheels on to help..
                                      Rugged well they haven't broken yet :) but then i try not to do heavy landings..

Comment

Working...
                                      X