X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 1400mm Pandora 4-in-1 Thread

(Click the links to go to the product page for the Blue and Red Pandora)

The Freewing Pandora is not only one of the best beginner planes on the market, it is a great intermediate plane too. How is this possible? The Pandora ships as a high wing trainer. Simply change the canopy to the included low wing canopy and move the wings to the bottom of the fuselage and you now have a light sport low wing plane perfect for an intermediate pilot. In addition there are two sets of wheels. There is a set of tricycle landing gear which the Motion RC Pilots think looks best on the low wing plane, and there is a set of "Big Wheel" landing gear in tail dragger format which is perfect for grass and dirt takeoff/landing. The "Big Wheels" even work on tall thick grass with ease.

You literally have 4 combinations and can make 4 different planes. This is a fantastic concept which is very enjoyable to fly. The Pandora does not get knocked around by the wind as much as a smaller plane. Though it is recommended beginners do not fly in a lot of wind, this plane is easier than most to fly in a bit of wind because of the larger size and weight. The guys at Motion RC think the Freewing Pandora may quickly become the plane of choice for both beginner and intermediate pilots. This is one of the best performing, best built, best values in RC planes.

FEATURES:
    • High wing and low wing configuration included in one plane
    • Tricycle landing gear and tail dragger landing gear included
    • Included BIG wheels for tall grass takeoff and landings
    • Molded wing pocket for optional flap servos - push rods and linkage included
    • Durable EPO foam construction
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    • Brushless motor, ESC, and 4 micro servos installed
    REQUIRES:
    • 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22003X6
    • 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
    Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-pandora-4-in-1-red-1400mm-55-wingspan-pnp-motion-rc-26233695948_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.6 KB ID:	196831
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Ordered!

Comment

Bought one about six months ago and really like it. Like any RC model it has a few quirks but it flies good, is stable and responsive. I'm a beginner and was flying a Carbon Z Cub but like the variations of this plane and the ease in flying it. I have flown it as a tail dragger and tri-wheel configuration but prefer the taildragger. Want more air time before graduating to the low wing setup. I've crashed this plane a couple of times, each time really hard, but it repairs easily. Dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a plane for a beginner or intermediate pilot for the price. Flew this morning in eleven mph wind and had no problem. And, "yes", I would buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Whizzer View Post
        Bought one about six months ago and really like it. Like any RC model it has a few quirks but it flies good, is stable and responsive. I'm a beginner and was flying a Carbon Z Cub but like the variations of this plane and the ease in flying it. I have flown it as a tail dragger and tri-wheel configuration but prefer the taildragger. Want more air time before graduating to the low wing setup. I've crashed this plane a couple of times, each time really hard, but it repairs easily. Dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a plane for a beginner or intermediate pilot for the price. Flew this morning in eleven mph wind and had no problem. And, "yes", I would buy another one.
        I love that you can grow with this model. Start with a high wing orientation and tricycle gear then move to taildragger, then to low wing with tricycle, then low wing taildragger. It can really help people get ready for warbirds and more advanced stuff all around.

Comment

My Pandora has a lot of flight hours on it, I take this plane every time I go to the club field and is one of my favorites. When I take it up I point it into the wind,drop the flaps and hover!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180906_121340.jpeg
Views:	504
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	232530

Comment

Maidened my Pandora last Saturday evening from the "Rails-2-Trails" bike path just south of Elsinore, UT.

This is my first powered RC plane (with wheels) that takes off and lands from the ground - (all my previous RC experience is with gliders and helis). Only four Pandora flights with a few touch-N-go's thrown in for good measure. Years of sim practice paid off as all landings were damage free.

Built the Pandora in the default high-wing, trike configuration with a simple (lightweight) 4-channel RX setup (no flaps yet). I did fit it with voltage and GPS sensors and it is running off of a 2200 mAh 3S LiPo.

First impressions conclusion? Nice plane!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PandoraMaiden_20200201_1545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.9 KB ID:	234826

Comment

Great thread Alpha!
              As most are aware, I'm a big Pandora fan and have flown mine for the past five, going into the sixth season. Great wind bird and definitely a great training bird, I built up experience to fly warbirds and jets from time on these birds.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4247.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	235450Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4655.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	235451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6118.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	235452Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6116.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	235453

I have to get some updated pics of these birds. The third and fourth RC airplanes I ever owned.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Can I purchase a Pandora or similar in KIT FORM ?

Comment

jimjonesuk@live.co.uk Hi Jim, welcome to Hobby Squawk. The Freewing Pandora is currently only available in PNP form. Most "similar" aircraft in this category --low cost, foam electric trainers-- are also most often available in PNP or further formats other than KIT format due to overall market preferences.
                  Camp My Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by jimjonesuk@live.co.uk View Post
                    Can I purchase a Pandora or similar in KIT FORM ?
                    Just go on the Motion Rc website under civilian planes and they have two types one blue one red. They are reciever ready or PNP and are easily assembled in one of four types.

Comment

Just curious guys...Flying the Pandora in tricycle gear config...how many have stripped a servo when landing on grass? The field I fly from is a great field, but like most, there are a few rough patches and while landing the Pandora for only the second time (first landing was fine) had a bit of a rough touchdown although it was slooooow and I thought the flare was spot on, still the plastic gear servo stripped when it touched a rough spot with the nose gear on the grass runway. I have replaced it with a metal gear servo in hopes of avoiding this, but was wondering if this is a common problem on the Pandora in the tricycle gear config? I have flow this plane in the taildragger configuration from the same field without issue. Sweet flying airplane. Just hate to replace servos.

Comment

Hey Larry D, I've never flown mine in the tricycle configuration but I've had other tricycle gear planes and that seems to be a problem when flown off grass. I would just replace the servo with a metal one and problem solved. Enjoy the Pandora and happy flying.

Comment

I stripped and replaced the rudder servo (with 17g metal gear) on mine too (in trike configuration).

Loving my Pandora so far!

Comment

Working...
                          X