You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-flite Draco X 2.0m

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    A ground loop of a different sort.

    Comment


    • #62
      Went out again early this morning at 7:00 am. The wind was not to bad at 10 to 15 on the forth battery a did this video. The wind was up, blowing 15 to 20 gust at 25. The Draco is a fun plane to fly in the wind after every one else goes home even with the AS3X I still had to add a lot of input to try and keep it level in the gusty wind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvFYPRq4EA&t=10s
      Click image for larger version

Name:	WD.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	311197

      Comment


      • #63
        After the last landing in the grass, the spot landing. I went out to pick it up because of the wind and carry it back to the pickup. I notice one of the hinges hanging out of the Elevator on the left side. When I got it back in the house to take care of the Hinge I noticed when pulling it back to get the hinge back in three more of the hinges were not glued in you can see in the photo so I will have to take the Elevator off and completely rehinge it. when I took it apart I found that none of the hinges were actually glued in and the only thing holding it together was the foam between the horizontal stab and the elevator surface. not good

        Click image for larger version

Name:	stab2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	311203Click image for larger version

Name:	stab1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	311204

        Comment


        • #64
          I am lucky I did not loose this Bird After taking the stab and elevator off the plane. I found four out of the 5 hinges with no glue in the slot, just on the foam in the center and only one hinge was actually holding in the stab I am going to replace the hinges and put hinge tape on too also hinge tape the rudder

          Click image for larger version

Name:	glue2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	311287Click image for larger version

Name:	glue4.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	311288Click image for larger version

Name:	glue1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	311289

          Comment


          • #65
            Thats not good, my draco has 3 out of 4 wing servos bad. Been trying to get a reply from HH for days now... Not sure why they chose a servo with such bad reviews to put into a $600 plane.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by bartje View Post
              Wild Man, Bajora,

              Now I'm envious. 😳
              I've put in my order yesterday, but I wonder when I will get it. I've contacted my regular hobby shops. Each of them ordered +30 planes and they were all sold out already.
              Oh well, patience is a virtue and there are a few other projects still waiting to be completed and started, so I won't get bored soon! 😁
              Had originally planned to get the Nexa P-38 this year, but that will have to wait until later. It hurts to choose sometimes...
              I was one of the first to order mine in Australia & should be with me by the end of May.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                I am lucky I did not loose this Bird After taking the stab and elevator off the plane. I found four out of the 5 hinges with no glue in the slot, just on the foam in the center and only one hinge was actually holding in the stab I am going to replace the hinges and put hinge tape on too also hinge tape the rudder

                Click image for larger version

Name:	glue2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	311287Click image for larger version

Name:	glue4.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	311288Click image for larger version

Name:	glue1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	311289
                I will be checking mine when it arrived. Many thanks for the 'heads up' on this fix.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                  Thats not good, my draco has 3 out of 4 wing servos bad. Been trying to get a reply from HH for days now... Not sure why they chose a servo with such bad reviews to put into a $600 plane.
                  Other than the Elevator hinges having almost no glue. I haven't Yet had any problems with the servo's They do specify not to run the travel over 100%. I know my Spektrum Trans will go to 125 but I avoid doing so on any plane. I always stay at the recommended 100% throw, unless other wise stated. When I need more surface throw I change the linkage

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                    I am lucky I did not loose this Bird After taking the stab and elevator off the plane. I found four out of the 5 hinges with no glue in the slot, just on the foam in the center and only one hinge was actually holding in the stab I am going to replace the hinges and put hinge tape on too also hinge tape the rudder

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	glue2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	311287Click image for larger version

Name:	glue4.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	311288Click image for larger version

Name:	glue1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	311289
                    THAT’S horizon right there. I cancel my pre order for many reasons. I hear ofso many little issue everywhere on this plane . Maybe was thefirst batch?
                    It’s an eflite, made out from so many companys doing parts and such .
                    would be nice if the guy with the red eye can come up with something good soon and functional especially.
                    COMPANY RAISED PRICE , now we want more from this planes .
                    Glad you safes yours in time !


                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

                      Other than the Elevator hinges having almost no glue. I haven't Yet had any problems with the servo's They do specify not to run the travel over 100%. I know my Spektrum Trans will go to 125 but I avoid doing so on any plane. I always stay at the recommended 100% throw, unless other wise stated. When I need more surface throw I change the linkage
                      I never crank mine above 100 either.

                      heres my maiden

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        About those hinges .................................... What I can't figure out is how can plastic hinges be inserted into what started life as a full length foam hinge?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          If you're just putting in your order now and all your hobby shops are sold out, reading what Jason said, your wait could be 3 to 6 months. Your only hope is to find a hobby shop near you that put their order in when ordering for them first opened up and they haven't sold out yet. I'm chasing one down right now. My order was on the very first day of orders opening up but my hobby shop didn't put the order in till 2 days later. I think they are now waiting for the second or third shipment. I have found a store a couple hrs away and they will be getting a couple in a week or so. They may have caught the tail end of the first batch. Those who were ahead of the game, got theirs on or close to release day (Apr. 23).
                          The store where I put in my order claims the PNP version will arrive the 10th of May.
                          Either way, I'll be at work pretty much the entire month, with the exception of two Sundays. So little time to mess about with the hobby. πŸ™„

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            And the answer from Horizon also came in today:

                            "Thank you for contacting product support. Our apologies for the late reply as we are currently experiencing high email and call volumes.

                            The AS3X, SAFE select, telemetry and reverse motor capabilities will not be accessible.
                            There is no issue using alternate radio equipment with the lights other than if your transmitter does not have a rotary knob, you will not get all of the LED modes.

                            Kind Regards"

                            So Draco is still a go! Although I'm slightly worried about the gear and hinge issues that have been popping up, but by the time I get to assembling/flying it, there are probably solutions available also.
                            😁

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by bartje View Post

                              The store where I put in my order claims the PNP version will arrive the 10th of May.
                              Either way, I'll be at work pretty much the entire month, with the exception of two Sundays. So little time to mess about with the hobby. πŸ™„
                              In the post where you quoted me, I was talking about the BNF. The timeline for the PNP has not changed.
                              As an aside, it would seem that the second batch of the BNF is in the same shipment of the PNP. It's the 3rd shipment of the BNF that could see a delay of 3 to 6 months. The guy from Horizon was likely drumming up sales when he said the 3 to 6 month delay, in hopes of selling out the 2nd batch of BNF more quickly.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by bartje View Post
                                And the answer from Horizon also came in today:

                                "Thank you for contacting product support. Our apologies for the late reply as we are currently experiencing high email and call volumes.

                                The AS3X, SAFE select, telemetry and reverse motor capabilities will not be accessible.
                                There is no issue using alternate radio equipment with the lights other than if your transmitter does not have a rotary knob, you will not get all of the LED modes.

                                Kind Regards"

                                So Draco is still a go! Although I'm slightly worried about the gear and hinge issues that have been popping up, but by the time I get to assembling/flying it, there are probably solutions available also.
                                😁
                                The reversibility capability (or lack thereof) has been contradicted already. Someone using a non-Spektrum radio gear was able to do it.
                                Without the knob, you can still access 3 of the light modes using a 3-position switch. Lack of a rotary knob can also be compensated for with the use of a slider if your radio has one. Then you get all the modes.
                                The gear breakage thing has been (so far) directly related to side loading when landing. If you learn to use your rudder (and crab) when landing in a cross wind, you won't have any side loading on the gear.
                                The hinge thing appears to be a very isolated occurrence. When I get mine, I plan to reinforce the glue in those hinges before I fly.

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  The reversibility capability (or lack thereof) has been contradicted already. Someone using a non-Spektrum radio gear was able to do it.
                                  xviper,

                                  Non-spektrum is not entirely accurate if memory serves me well. It was mentioned in a post on the RCG thread, this guy used a Spektrum module in his transmitter, can't recall the brand of transmitter he was using though. Too much stuff going on between my ears. 😁

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    About those hinges .................................... What I can't figure out is how can plastic hinges be inserted into what started life as a full length foam hinge?
                                    You tell me. Those are the original hinges. I usually use hinge tape on every thing but it looked good. After I rehinge I also used the hinge tape. Have been back to flying the Draco. The reverse thrust option an Awesome addition to any plane I also have reverse thrust on my E-Flite 2.1 Cessna 150

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Originally posted by bartje View Post

                                      xviper,

                                      Non-spektrum is not entirely accurate if memory serves me well. It was mentioned in a post on the RCG thread, this guy used a Spektrum module in his transmitter, can't recall the brand of transmitter he was using though. Too much stuff going on between my ears. 😁
                                      That's more what I should have said. If a non-Spek TX can be fitted with a Spek module, then it works. Also, I think that a Spektrum compatible high-channel RX, like the Lemon 10-ch or Admiral, on a Spektrum TX, it could work.

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

                                        You tell me. Those are the original hinges. I usually use hinge tape on every thing but it looked good. After I rehinge I also used the hinge tape. Have been back to flying the Draco. The reverse thrust option an Awesome addition to any plane I also have reverse thrust on my E-Flite 2.1 Cessna 150
                                        When I get mine, hopefully in about 2 weeks, I'll inspect all the hinges carefully. I may reinforce them anyway with either a "hot glue hinge" or a "FoamTac hinge". You can see the hot glue hinge done in one of Flite Test's YouTube videos. Those hinges, I think, are a bit stronger than a hinge tape hinge.

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          When I get mine, hopefully in about 2 weeks, I'll inspect all the hinges carefully. I may reinforce them anyway with either a "hot glue hinge" or a "FoamTac hinge". You can see the hot glue hinge done in one of Flite Test's YouTube videos. Those hinges, I think, are a bit stronger than a hinge tape hinge.
                                          I am not talking about hinge tape hinges. I replaced the original hinges with pined hinges in the same slots, Then put hinge tape on

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X