Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching many, and especially AV8R's videos, I want to go 4s and fly scale. Even at 4s, on the bench, the light controller is too hot to touch. I put in a BEC and things are much cooler. This is something they really need to address.

I'll put the slats/spoilers fixed in the retracted position.

Other than these issues if it flies as well as it does in Adam's videos I'll be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mea culpa View Post
      After watching many, and especially AV8R's videos, I want to go 4s and fly scale. Even at 4s, on the bench, the light controller is too hot to touch. I put in a BEC and things are much cooler. This is something they really need to address.

I'll put the slats/spoilers fixed in the retracted position.

Other than these issues if it flies as well as it does in Adam's videos I'll be happy.
      Thanks for watching my friend. Just remember...it takes power to get the nose up and ride the slats so to speak...and use the rudder. Use the rudder a lot. I hope you find yours as much fun as I do mine. It is challenging to fly really slow, but very gratifying when you get it right. You can also choose to use power to land it normally...you'll flare using both elevator and power. You don't have to get the nose at as high of an angle of attack as I do unless you want to. Happy flying!
      Big time propeller head
      Love flying scale and 3D
      Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt G View Post

Well today was beautiful and just the opportunity to try out my props and get some real numbers. ESC was recalibrated .All three flights were 8 mins and the results were:
        1. 15x8 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 42 A and landed with 33%. Performance was good.
        2. 16x10 APC prop on 4s x 5000 measured 32 A and landed with 50%. Performance was subdued but good for pattern work and touch and goes.
        3. 16x10 APC prop on 6s x 5000 measured 62 A and landed with 35%. Performance was very lively.

My preference is the 16x10 on 6s for spirited performance . If you only have 4s that's fine as the plane will still fly ok.
        (checked the motor after landing and was barely warm)

PS - the spinner would not fit with the 17x10 APC so i did not use that prop
        How did you get the APC 15x8 to fit the 8mm motor shaft? I ordered one direct from APC but the inside hole diameter won't fit its too small...it comes with the adapter rings, but I'd have to drill it out for it to fit.. they all have 1/4 size hole and nothing I found any bigger or what am I missing here?

Comment

• Prop reamer…

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Planes-.../dp/B001KNGAXW

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbilstrom View Post

How did you get the APC 15x8 to fit the 8mm motor shaft? I ordered one direct from APC but the inside hole diameter won't fit its too small...it comes with the adapter rings, but I'd have to drill it out for it to fit.. they all have 1/4 size hole and nothing I found any bigger or what am I missing here?
            just drill it out

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Thanks I bought one rite away, got it a few days ago and refitted that APC 15x6 for the Bison. Perfectly balanced, smooth and a lot more power ! Awesome!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Night bison.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	331690

Comment

Working...
              X