X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK Sky King Glider Discussion Thread

This is the official thread to discuss the XK Sky King glider. Feel free to post comments, photos and video of this aircraft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	1798
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	167472
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I am so interested in this plane. Is there a link to view the instruction or owner's manual? Also is there anyway to bind this to a Spektrum tx ? Thanks in advance !!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinTime View Post
      I am so interested in this plane. Is there a link to view the instruction or owner's manual? Also is there anyway to bind this to a Spektrum tx ? Thanks in advance !!
      Welcome to the Squawk FlyinTime! We will get the manual loaded as soon as possible, but the XK line will not bind with Spektrum, they are a futaba protocol.

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Welcome to the Squawk FlyinTime! We will get the manual loaded as soon as possible, but the XK line will not bind with Spektrum, they are a futaba protocol.
        Geez. It would nice if motionrc notified you that this glider is on a Futaba protocol and won’t bind to Spektrum BEFORE it’s ordered. Sounds like Iwon’t be able to fly with my Spektrum. ????

Comment

Originally posted by munn01 View Post

Geez. It would nice if motionrc notified you that this glider is on a Futaba protocol and won’t bind to Spektrum BEFORE it’s ordered. Sounds like Iwon’t be able to fly with my Spektrum. ????
          They are only sold RTF, at the moment, and the description says Includes "FTR Futaba S-FHSS Compatible 4CH 2.4GHz Transmitter". Seems like an adequate warning to me..

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

They are only sold RTF, at the moment, and the description says Includes "FTR Futaba S-FHSS Compatible 4CH 2.4GHz Transmitter". Seems like an adequate warning to me..
            Yah, well, some of us aren’t nearly as tech oriented as you obviously are. Don’t be so dammed arrogant. You were a nooby once too.0

Comment

All I am saying is that a radio is included already, so you should still be able to fly without using your spektrum radio. Welcome to the hobby! Here is a quick primer on radio protocols that you can look for in future purchases:

Spektrum - DSMX and DSM2. DSM2 is an older, less robust protocol, but it is still compatible with newer spektrum radios.

Futaba - FHSS Protocol

Flysky - AFHDS and AFHDS 2A

Generally, recievers, or BNF models will note "DSMX Compatible" or something like that. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by munn01 View Post
                Yah, well, some of us aren’t nearly as tech oriented as you obviously are. Don’t be so dammed arrogant. You were a nooby once too.0
                Easy there friend, pretty snarky response for someone who was just trying to point out the information provided appropriately on the product page. Diplomacy is the currency in this forum, please keep that in mind.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Appropriately abashed and chastised. I mis-read the original post, my bad. This is a gift from my wife, so I didn’t get to peruse the order. Apologies if I came off hard.

Comment

Awesome response, thank you! We are all here to enjoy, learn and grow in this hobby we love so feel free to ask if you have any questions. Plenty of folks love to help.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Bought this plane to get back into the hobby but having trouble finding a manual on transmitter. Is the transmitter a Futaba?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewreck View Post
                        Bought this plane to get back into the hobby but having trouble finding a manual on transmitter. Is the transmitter a Futaba?
                        I doubt it's a Futaba TX but it's Futaba compatible. It's a $17.00 TX, likely extremely simple and straight forward. If it came with the plane, it may already be bound. Looks like there's only trim tabs and nothing else on it. There's isn't much you can really change on it. What did you want to know about it? Ask these guys here and you may get the answer.
                        For the person who wanted to use Spektrum, that's not going to be easy, if even possible. The servos on this plane are integrated into the actual receiver, as is the throttle control and ESC. If you could adapt "normal" servos into this plane, the motor will be hard to power and control with a Spektrum system. Use the TX that comes with it. It's a very basic beginner plane. You'll grow out of it fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I doubt it's a Futaba TX but it's Futaba compatible. It's a $17.00 TX, likely extremely simple and straight forward. If it came with the plane, it may already be bound. Looks like there's only trim tabs and nothing else on it. There's isn't much you can really change on it. What did you want to know about it? Ask these guys here and you may get the answer.
                          For the person who wanted to use Spektrum, that's not going to be easy, if even possible. The servos on this plane are integrated into the actual receiver, as is the throttle control and ESC. If you could adapt "normal" servos into this plane, the motor will be hard to power and control with a Spektrum system. Use the TX that comes with it. It's a very basic beginner plane. You'll grow out of it fairly quickly.
                          I saw on their website that it was cheap. It bound with the plane as per instructions but I couldn’t seem to trim it out so I fought the controls on a couple flights today. Right rudder input shows 80% and left shows 20%. I’m not sure how or if I even can change inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewreck View Post

I saw on their website that it was cheap. It bound with the plane as per instructions but I couldn’t seem to trim it out so I fought the controls on a couple flights today. Right rudder input shows 80% and left shows 20%. I’m not sure how or if I even can change inputs.
                            First, you must do basic stuff when setting up even the most simple of planes. For a simple TX like this and a simple plane, see if you can center all the trim tabs on the face of the TX (except for throttle which should be as low as it will go). With them centered, power everything up and then you should be looking at each control surface. Make sure that the servo horns are at 90 degrees. If you can actually get to them and see them, they look like in this picture:
                            https://www.motionrc.com/products/xk...750mm-receiver See the two arms? They are held on with the Philips screws. If they aren't at 90 degrees, undo the screw and wiggle the arm off and put them to the nearest tooth (that will get them close to 90 degrees) on the thing that sticks out and secure with screw (hold the arm when you undo and tighten the screw so you're not forcing against the servo). Now, you can go to the other end (of the wire) at the tail and do the final adjustment there to make the rudder and elevator as near neutral as you can.
                            Do they have any adjustment at the control horn? If so, manually adjust them so that the control surface is as close to being neutral as your eye can tell. Now you've got them fairly centered for neutral flight and any trim capabilities on the TX should have a chance of working better.

You might find this helpful, if not, at least give you some encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              First, you must do basic stuff when setting up even the most simple of planes. For a simple TX like this and a simple plane, see if you can center all the trim tabs on the face of the TX (except for throttle which should be as low as it will go). With them centered, power everything up and then you should be looking at each control surface. Make sure that the servo horns are at 90 degrees. If you can actually get to them and see them, they look like in this picture:
                              https://www.motionrc.com/products/xk...750mm-receiver See the two arms? They are held on with the Philips screws. If they aren't at 90 degrees, undo the screw and wiggle the arm off and put them to the nearest tooth (that will get them close to 90 degrees) on the thing that sticks out and secure with screw (hold the arm when you undo and tighten the screw so you're not forcing against the servo). Now, you can go to the other end (of the wire) at the tail and do the final adjustment there to make the rudder and elevator as near neutral as you can.
                              Do they have any adjustment at the control horn? If so, manually adjust them so that the control surface is as close to being neutral as your eye can tell. Now you've got them fairly centered for neutral flight and any trim capabilities on the TX should have a chance of working better.

You might find this helpful, if not, at least give you some encouragement.

Thanks. Video was 100% more informative than instruction booklet.

Comment

Google and YouTube searches can reveal amazing things.

Comment

Does anyone know what type of connector is on the battery, I'd like to charge with my normal charger, but can't find out what type of connector this is?? Thanks!

Comment

All you have to do is to go to the webpage for the plane and see what battery they use for it.

You're not going to charge it with your "normal" charger unless you make an adapter.

Comment

What cameras can be used with the F959?

Comment

I dumbly went out for a few flights on a blustery day yesterday with my 959.
                                        After one too many hard landings, my elevator has become 'unhinged' - the elevator is intact but one/some of the the hinge/s has broken
                                        Can you help a total noob to repair this - what hinge type, adhesive etc. would be hugely appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                        X