X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-20

Delta wing elevon settings. 1400 kv motor, 30 amp esc, 5 inch prop but allows 7 inches of prop. Just deciding on servos right now. I have 9 gram plastic servos. Or maybe I should upgrade to the metal geared kinds.
    Attached Files

Hi Skyboom. I've built a few of these "profile" planes myself and all of them have used the cheap, plastic 9g servos. These things aren't very heavy and the loads on the control surfaces are quite light. Metal geared servos are always nicer and can be re-used in another plane later should something happen to the original plane. They can also be quite cheap but I've read where those cheap "metal geared" servos still have one or two plastic internal moving parts. To get a fully metal geared servo, the cost may not be justified for what you are putting them into.

Comment

Then I'll use the plastic servos. I've changed the motor to a Racestar 2700 KV brushless outrunner, the 30amp esc should suffice. It shouldn't have a problem straight up vertical flight. P.S. Because there is no push prop jet forum here, wasn't sure where to post these aircrafts. I guess they are not very popular anymore. Besides if I have a crash, I'm only out 20 to 30 dollars. lol.

Comment

I don’t think it’s that they aren’t popular. It’s just they’re low cost and people don’t seem to want to talk about them much. At my old field and even now at my new field, there are several flyers who have built these pusher prop profile “jets”. They’re a hoot to fly and it looks quite exciting when there’s 4 to 7 of them in the air at the same time. Most of ours are of the “RC Powers” types.

Comment

Profile pushers are fun, I agree with Xviper because of their simplicity there probably isn't much to say, but I haven't met anyone who isn't jazzed at the prospect of flying ten of these in a hornet's nest of RC Combat foam!

Individually, there are other planes I'd rather fly, but I completely understand the appeal of them. Some modelers become quite adept at shaping this type of foam, I'm inspired by their skills.

I'm working on something right now as a side, side, side project:
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
          X