X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FOX

As a glider pilot for about 50-years, I've had my share of floaters, thermals, hand toss, slope-jets, cutthroat combat, and big beautiful scale sailplanes, and my brother and i still luv to take out our chairs and launch our Radians for usually about an hour thermal flight, talking and joking the whole time...and i have been a regular fixture at all the No Calif Bay Area slope spots, to all the hot SoCal hot spots like Bluff Park, Point Fermin, and Cajon Pass, and believe that the skills developed for keeping your plane in the air w/o power, performing aerobatics at a cliff over the water w/o a net, flying in high winds, and landing with usually only a single shot in a postage stamp LZ, has made me a versatile RC pilot able to handle anything....I keep an inventory of sailplanes and still enjoy taking this repainted Fox in Swiss markings, out for some air time..!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8091.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	245870

Wow! Really mind-blowing.

Comment

Finally just lost my Radian after so many flights I can’t even remember, thinking of pulling the trigger on this one this week!

Love the repaint! I’m sure I’ll have to do mine somehow as well

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	074097E6-3B7D-4C30-95A1-36CCF1513E37.jpeg
Views:	657
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	257111Click image for larger version

Name:	38D85749-ADAE-48DE-8808-57E01B42E4D4.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	257112Click image for larger version

Name:	C5CE545A-DED5-41A1-B564-2F8D182D2618.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	257113 Just got mine! Over all I’m impressed, but the sticker job was done by a blind man, so a repaint is in the future

Comment

Got my Fox 3m glider early in the spring and totally enjoying it. The bottom of it was just plain white and I was having a hard time with orientation when it would get up high in thermals, so I painted bottom of wings and stab a bright yellow with red tips (outside 1/3). What a difference, very visible now. Plus there are a couple of us in the club that have them and now I know which is mine when we are flying them together. I can say nothing bad about this glider.

Comment

NICE...NICE....NICE...AWESOME. I'M ENVIOUS. I HAVE THE JUNIOR ONE. TRYING TO GET TAIL ASSEMBLED BUT NO LUCK.

WISHED I'D GOT INTO THIS GLIDER STUFF YEARS AGO.
            Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

I bought the Fox 2 in October and have flown it twice since, the first flight was tail heavy but plenty of wind to keep it from crashing and made the landing easy. The second flight was MUCH better
              and balanced correctly and landed softly as well. Over all I am happy with the Fox 2 and can't wait til I get to really fly in larger open areas.
              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Bearcat is that the 2300mm fox? mine with a 3s3300 all the way back was still nose heavy lol i put one oz of led all the back of the cockpit and it turned out so close to cg .. flew it sat and was impressed with all but the speed as its quit slow but guess gliders are not speed deamons.. thought about a 4s battery but dont think the little 30a esc could handle it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                  Bearcat is that the 2300mm fox? mine with a 3s3300 all the way back was still nose heavy lol i put one oz of led all the back of the cockpit and it turned out so close to cg .. flew it sat and was impressed with all but the speed as its quit slow but guess gliders are not speed deamons.. thought about a 4s battery but dont think the little 30a esc could handle it..
                  Wow I just now saw this post from over a years ago!, I use the 2200 3s pack on mine and it works fine but if you place it took far in the back it's tail heavy.
                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

thanks bearcat but had a wing blow off and it crashed.. the hold down peace of foam that held the wing on to the wing tube just gave way and thats all she wrote lol

Comment

Working...
                    X