X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esc battery motor matching

Hi All, I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I have an easy fly ST-330 someone gave me.

I bought a new battery for it, hooked it up, it turned on and off every few seconds intermittently and beeped a few times. On the last occasion it was connected I tested the motor for a few seconds to 80% thrust and then it stopped itself, smoke came off the esc and the yellow wire unsoldered itself.

Safe to say the esc is cooked? I haven’t resoldered it yet.

So my question is, what’s the right battery/esc/motor setup for this?

Here’s what I’ve got:

ESC
    Ble-18
    Max current = 18A, 2-3 cells (Li-Po), with low voltage cut and optional brake

Battery
    Giant power
    Lipo
    2200 mAh
    11.1v 35C
    (5 C fast charger)

Motor
    KV
    1000Rpm/V
    10” folding prop

Anyone?

Not familiar with the plane but looking at some on line references I would expect that motor with a 10 inch prop to pull between 10 and 20 amps. I wouldn't have expected your short test to smoke the esc unless something else is wrong - possibly with the motor. If the esc got hot enough to unsolder a wire it is probably toast. I wouldn't trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
      Not familiar with the plane but looking at some on line references I would expect that motor with a 10 inch prop to pull between 10 and 20 amps. I wouldn't have expected your short test to smoke the esc unless something else is wrong - possibly with the motor. If the esc got hot enough to unsolder a wire it is probably toast. I wouldn't trust it.
      Agree with you!

Comment

Working...
      X