X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new V tail warmliner!

A few years back I bought a St models blaze glider. I really loved that glider but now I need a few parts to keep it going and they’re not available anymore. There isn’t a nice foam V tailed glider that uses the common 3s 2200mah battery on the market. While I like the shrike I would really like to see a comparable v tail glider. Maybe even a v tail shrike!

This one flies best on 4s but it will work on 3s:
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/duraflyt...e0dcf184cd4c4& amp;objectID=57934&indexName=hbk_live_magento_ en_us_products
    I have one still but I don’t really consider it much of a “glider”.

Although this one isn’t foam, I had one and it really goes. Can be built to fly on 3s but again, I don’t consider it to be much of a glider. They also have an 80” version.
    Marston PteroWorks has unique electric radio controlled pterodactyl and airplane designs. Kits are available for the Marston electric twin engine rc pterodactyls, Micro Pterodactyl, Marston Guppy and Marston Shark. Free plans available for Depron 3D fish RC electric plane.

Comment

I do like the Excalibur a lot, but I would like to see motion make a v tail warmliner specifically for a 3s 2200 battery. The blaze I had was powerful, fast, aerobatic and also I could thermal it. I don’t know if the Excalibur can thermal with a 4s battery in it nor will it perform all as good with a 3s battery.

Comment

The Excalibur will only barely thermal but the conditions have to be ideal - good winds and rising air up high. By their very nature, "warmliners" just don't make for really good gliders unless you've got just "perfect" conditions. If it's got wings for speed, then they don't have the right profile for high lift. I got the Excalibur for speed, not so much to fly it like a glider, although it does hang up there with my sailplane buddies fairly well. I have several planes that are great sailplanes for that purpose.
        Motion used to sell the FMS RocHobby V-tail "warmliner". Even Horizon no longer sells it. I guess they just didn't sell well enough to keep making them. And unless they think they can sell many thousands of them, I don't think they'll consider bringing another one back.

Comment

One can only hope. The shrike seems to be a good candidate to make a v tail out of it for something marketed as more advanced. The shrike is cheaper then the Excalibur and I’d imagine a v tail version would,be about the same price. Just trying to put a bug in motions ear...

Comment

I don't think the structure of the Shrike would transfer over to a warmliner. It is great for a fun and stable glider, but there is an awful lot of flex in the wings at higher speeds.

Comment

Working...
            X