X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 2500, WING 90.5 LGTH

Kit came with something new for me. The servo rod end is normal, but the opposite end is plastic, circled and pops on over the round head on the control surface.

I too well remember what it sounds like for a model to come towards terra firma at 45-degree angle, wide open, and the elevator flapping. Quite some noise, then dead silence. Then reality checks and you think where's the garbage bag.

Anybody else use this design of rod?
    Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Are you referring to these:

This type of linkage is quite common. It makes adjusting the rod length very easy and convenient. The only uniqueness with this plane is how that cylinder is attached to the control horn. Usually, it’s attached only on one side, with a nut and washer on the other side holding the cylinder in place.

Comment

So this is quite safe attachment. I did not hear any popping noise when I hand pressed it over the round mating part. Should I? I thank you for your response. I don't have nut and washer?

Thank you for responding.

Jimmy
      Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

I don't know about "safe" as this control horn has attachment on both sides and my worry would be that the two sides might spread apart under stress and make the cylinder come out. I can't see up close how the two sides are held in place but if it were my plane, I'd put something there that would ensure the two sides can't spread apart.

Comment

Working...
        X