Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official ZOHD 1000mm SonicModell Dart XL EV - PNP Thread

SonicModell Dart XL EV 1000mm (39.37") - PNP from ZOHD - ZOH10042

The ZOHD DART XL "Enhanced" Version is an updated version of the ZOHD Dart XL Extreme. Vortex generators, detachable wings, and vertical fins are what give this airplane an outstanding lift performance! The "Enhanced" version of this PNP comes with a new motor mount that is stronger and durable. Also added is a GPS bay cover, built-in carbon fiber rod inside the fuselage, optimized airfoil, extended dock for the flight controller, extended plywood for battery, extra ball linkage inside the package, and a built-in carbon fiber strip inside the rear hatch for just to list some of the improvements.
    Easy Assembly and Transport

The detachable wing and vertical fins makes the Dart XL easy to transport.
    Durable EPO Construction

Molded by tough EPO material, built-in CF spar for enhancement, stable flying capability and impact resistance.
    Large Battery Bay

The Dart XL incorporates a large battery bay for your chosen FPV equipment and electronics.
    Camera Compatibility

The multi-camera nose is compatible with 99% of the FPV and HD cameras in the market: Runcam HD, 2, 3S, Swift, Split, GoPro H4-5-6-7, Session, and much more!
    FEATURES:
    • Small size airframe optimized for long-range FPV and portability
    • Carefully chosen airfoil gives the aircraft an incredible lift power and excellent handling
    • Detachable wing and vertical fins make it portable for easy transport
    • Light-weight composite hard nose for better protection of your expensive camera gear
    • The multi-camera nose is compatible with 99% of the FPV and HD cameras in the market: Runcam HD, 2, 3S, Swift, Split, GoPro H4-5-6-7, Session, and much more!
    • Reversed wingtips provide more lift force and ensure a efficient wing surface
    • Vortex generators for improving lift efficiency and gain higher control at low speeds
    • Load plenty of FPV equipment, large battery/gyro thanks to a huge equipment bay
    • Computer-designed optimized airflow pod that maximizes cooling, reducing the risk of crashes from overheated electronics
    • Impact-resistant protective cover for the main wing's leading edge and landing skids
    • Built-in carbon fiber tube inside main wings for enhanced performance and rigidity
    • Exclusive VTX / RX bays with excellent airflow and away from interference
    INCLUDES:
    • ZOHD SonicModell Dart XL EV 1000mm (39.37") - PNP
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 1 HOUR
    Wingspan 1000mm / 39.3in
    Length 596mm / 23.4in
    Weight (w/o battery) 706g / 24.9oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to manual
    Power System 2216-1300kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 40A
    Propeller / EDF 9x4.5
    Servos 9g metal gear
    Landing Gear N/A
    Required Battery 4 Cell 14.8V 3000-3300 mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 4 Channel (required)
    Ailerons Elevons
    Elevator Elevons
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoor

I ordered this and it did not come with any manual that I could find. Where is the CG supposed to be?

Comment

Scratch that....figured it out.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what this plane is made from? Is it really EPO or is it BEPP?

Comment

It says EPO and that is what mine appears to be.

Comment

That is good to hear. The first version was made from BEPP which is not very durable in my opinion. I had a plane that was EPP foam and when it broke it would turn into little beads. Also I could not get paint to stick to it at all.

Comment

This is a RC FPV platform and performs very well in lower winds up to 15MPH. From 15 to 25 MPH winds it can still be flown however video is very difficult to get useable on board clips. Love the simple design and works great for the first time FPV platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Tughill RC View Post
                This is a RC FPV platform and performs very well in lower winds up to 15MPH. From 15 to 25 MPH winds it can still be flown however video is very difficult to get useable on board clips. Love the simple design and works great for the first time FPV platform.
                Do you have a gyro on it? I feel the same way, but haven't gotten a chance to try with a gyro. A gyro with a GoPro in the nose would probably stabilize the picture at higher speeds

Comment

Indeed I used a Spektrum AR 637T and changed the Speed Control to a Spektrum Avian 40 Amp tp take advantage of AS3X and real time Battery Voltage . I used a Runcam2 However I am willing to try a GoPro, I need to check them out. (Thanks for the Advise)

Comment

Originally posted by Tughill RC View Post
                    Indeed I used a Spektrum AR 637T and changed the Speed Control to a Spektrum Avian 40 Amp tp take advantage of AS3X and real time Battery Voltage . I used a Runcam2 However I am willing to try a GoPro, I need to check them out. (Thanks for the Advise)
                    The built in stabilization of the gopro alone is worth the price over a runcam for this type of application.

Comment

Working...
                    X