X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skynetic Neptune

I can not get the ESC to give me the two beeps with throttle full at power up. It continues to just beep beep beep. What is the additional yellow wire coming from the ESC?

Re binded everything is good

Comment

Dlharrington Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

I was surprised to see that there wasn't already a thread on this bird. My wife picked one up for me and it was delivered yesterday. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to fly.

I like how it comes in a "plain brown wrapper(box)" lol.

Comment

I've been flying the equivalent HobbyKing Sonic for years. It's a fairly fast little wing but hand launching can be a challenge as it's not very stable after you let it go. Additionally, mine seems to not hold trim from one day to another or from one flight to another. Take it out after a few weeks of storage and toss it and it tries to roll into the dirt, so be ready. After trimming, it flies really nicely BUT, the next flight on the same day, it goes out of trim again and has to be re-trimmed. It also needs low rates. A little reflex on a switch will help the launch and for those not quick on the sticks, perhaps even gyro will assist in keeping it level on the launch.

Comment

xviper does it matter if you "frizby" toss it for launch vs a straight overhead toss? I wonder if the trim thing has to do with imprecise servos or an airframe change. It sure looks like the Sonic.
          The decals that come on it now are different that what the product page shows.

Alpha mentioned on the live show last Friday, that he did some tweeks to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
            xviper does it matter if you "frizby" toss it for launch vs a straight overhead toss? I wonder if the trim thing has to do with imprecise servos or an airframe change. It sure looks like the Sonic.
            The decals that come on it now are different that what the product page shows.

Alpha mentioned on the live show last Friday, that he did some tweeks to it.
            I do the frisbee toss. An overhand toss is awkward with this wing. I'm not sure what it is with the Sonic. Usually the 3rd flight of the day is perfect - no trimming needed. It just seems to go out of trim during storage and after the first trimming flight, it goes out of trim for the second flight, requiring trim to be set back to what it was before the first flight.
            As far as I can tell, the two planes are the same, however, HobbyKing no longer carry it, so can't compare specs right now.

Comment

Got the Neptune nearly ready to go. Alpha mentioned that he added some weight to the nose on the new version and should help with CG and stabilize the launch a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	314418

Comment

Hold on! That's the Neptune? I must apologize. My Sonic is the "cousin" to the Neptune II (pusher prop wing), so not the same plane. I didn't realize that it's an EDF.

Comment

I put mine together yesterday and it looks like it is going to take a LOT of lead in the nose to get it to balance per the manual with a 2200mah Lipo. I put a 2200mah plus a 1800mah in the battery compartment and it was fairly close.
                  I had one of the original Neptunes from Tech-one many years ago and it balanced fine with nothing added.
                  Not sure what could be different with this one.
                  My Neptune came with a tiny 30 amp sec for some reason also. The description on Motions website and the online manual (no manual in the box) clearly say it has a 40 amp esc.
                  Sent an email off to Motion's 24/7 customer service dept. yesterday but have not heard anything yet.
                  Steve

Comment

I just maidened my new neptune edf yesterday I tried to take off from short cut grass with a turnigy 2200 3s 60c heavy duty battery. It didn't want to come off the ground very easy. I know it's a easy hand launcher but I like to watch rise from ground. I adjusted the travel of the elevons to 150 percent in travel and with full throttle on the grass when it picked up speed I gave it a bunch of up elevator and it popped off the ground and flew well. It needed very little trim and seems to be enough power to do loops and rolls easily. The next flight I tried a turnigy 2200 3s 25-35 C battery that is lighter than the heavy duty one and the Neptune really likes that battery no noticeable lack in power but rises off of ground much easier with the lighter battery. I too am wondering what the extra yellow wire from the esc is for? Anybody that figures it out would appreciate the info.
                    Sam

Comment

Did your Neptune come with a 40 amp esc?
                      Steve

Comment

No mine came with the small 30 amp too. I think the online manual is a carry over from the techone version. A friend of mine has that one and it did come with a 40 amp speed control. This 30 amp one even though it's small it doesn't get hot under suggested power set up. I would be very nervous to try 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          Did your Neptune come with a 40 amp esc?
                          Steve
                          The Motion product page does say it's a 30a ESC. It's likely plenty for 3S. Motors and ESCs are more efficient than in the TechOne days.

Comment

Anyone figure out the extra wire on the esc?
                            Got my bird yesterday...plenty of blemishes on the foam, and the nose foam looks like it has a crooked smile, and the hatch had trouble fitting without anything even installed. Hope she flies better than she looks.
                            any suggestions for an RX? Motion was out of Admirals with gyro...I was thinking a Lemon..
                            What is everyone setting their rates and travels at please..

Comment

Working...
                            X