X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtomRc Dolphin

OK another cool Forward swept wing bird that can be used for FPV, looks like the Larger Aggressor, I can upload my pictures after I get things built, waiting for the ESC to come in and the Paint scheme I want to use. I "Might" use it for FPV but I have two larger planes for that in the Aggressor and Opterra 2M wing. But hey here is the specs.

Features
    • 845mm wingspan
    • EPP molded , embedded with carbon fiber tubes, durable and lightweight.
    • Detachable wing, easy to transport.
    • Carbon fiber tubes help keep wings rigid during flight
    • V tail design for added stability
    • Detachable nosecone for GoPro mounting
    • Air inlet and outlet for FPV gear cooling.
    • Compatible with GoPro Hero 5-7.
    • Pre-installed wing and fuselage protector for durability
    • Pre-installed camera and VTX antenna cable for FPV gear.
    • Movable battery slot for “CG” adjustment.
    • Air inlet and outlet for FPV gear cooling.
    Specifications
    • Wingspan: 845mm
    • Length: 710mm
    • Dimension: 660*225*135mm
    • Propeller recommend: 5-6 inch
    • Battery recommend : 4S 1300-2200mah
    Pictures coming soon.
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Today she was flown since I had some time and after getting everything setup, I made a few changes to the Dolphin.
    New motor mount to move the motor back 40 mm, Mantis 34amp ESC and a Master Airscrew 5.5x4.5 prop. The stock prop was 6x5 but I had this 5.5x4.5 here so I tried it and found this thing is EASY to launch. after trimming it out and landing all I can say is I am happy with this bird.
    Attached Files

Comment

This plane is a great just-for-fun LOS plane, in addition to FPV... Couple clips of mine:

2208 2600kv Multistar Motor, 70a ESC, 5152 Triblade, 4S 2200..

Skyzone Dolphin, Multistar 2208 2600kv motor, 40a ESC, 5152 triblade prop, 4S 2200.

Skyzone Dolphin: 2600kv something or other motor from Banggood(2504?..), 40a ESC, Gemfan Flash 5152 triblade prop, 4S 2200.Parkzone P-47: Turnigy SK3 3542 12...

Comment

I love mine and it flies so well outside of the one failed launch I had at the field last weekend. I only wish there is an EDF version of the plane.

Comment

Well I found the issue for the failed launch, it did the very same thing the Aggressor did when I threw it, it rolled over and crashed. I had it on recovery mode on launch because I am so use to launching my Opterra this way. The Admiral Flight stab it's best to have w/stab on or off but not both which I figured out three planes did the same thing to me before I realized what I did wrong.
          Now the Dolphin is rock solid flyer and soon the aggressor will be as well. but I believe I will use a Spektrum rx going forward and just buy the Kopilot for the rest of my needs.

Comment

Working...
          X