X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPV in gliders

I've recently started doing some FPV flying and wondered if any of you glider pilots have been using FPV?
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Good topic, and timely, too! Some of the guys in the warehouse have recently begun flying FPV on I believe a Radian or similar glider. Our warehouse manager is a really skilled heli pilot, and he said he is quickly growing to love the experience of FPV on a glider. I have to agree with him, it's quite an experience to be soaring up high like that. Especially with the improvements in Vtx and Vrx gear, camera resolution, OSDs, goggles, etc, and the reduction in cost for many of these critical components, it's a great time to get into it. Having done some FPV quad racing, I can say that while it's a thrill going low and fast, flying FPV high and slow is an entirely different sensation. It's relaxing, eye opening, fun.

What's your FPV setup, TiredIronGRB?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Right now I'm using a Dynam Hawk Sky which works really good and is very durable however I'm looking at getting more "Glide" time and something easier to see if I lose video feed. I would like to hear from anyone that has a similar setup.
      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

HI

I have flown a FMS Fox glider with the FPV its unique to do. My first attempt was not so breath taking kinda straight up stall then crash. What the problem was to what I was seeing. The Horizon was about 4 " lower then the nose so to me it appeared if I was level. But in actuality it as going straight up. Once it tip stalled then the horizon came up but by that time to late. So the whole conclusion was put a little down in the camera to give a better prospective of the true horizon. I have the pandora as well had same issue/ To resolve this I was able to put the camera on the bottom and that did the trick.
        good luck!

Comment

Sometime next year I will be getting into this FPV Flying as I miss my time on C-130's. The view from up there is spectacular and I want to revisit it. The Glider has appeal to me as you will basically be soaring like the Birds so the experience will be very gratifying. I may try the Quads also as that will be for the Thrill Ride and offer a different experience. Good Luck on your endeavors and also we are looking into getting more variety in the FPV Products we carry.

Comment

I got the BNF Blade Inductrix from MRC and have added a camera...it is just too much fun...if I could just keep more batteries charged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7397.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	51601

Name:	IMG_7402.JPG
Views:	733
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	51602
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I recenly got a you might say powered glidercalled DHC-2 A 1200 5 ch brushless motor and it fly very good for a good 45 minutes up in the air.I also had to ditch it in the pond due that I lost sight of it behind trees and it floated and still working great cam video perfect for flying but am just a rookie with this one .
              Got that plane at Banggod.com it is also from XK innovations really happy with it I will find a way to upload one of the flight soon when I find the way.

Comment

Comment

This is the gliderDHC -2A A1200 BY XK COME WITH TRANSMITTER AND FPV FROM BANGGOOD.COM

Comment

I did use the link to the flying hope it will work.

Comment

This is the link of the flying with that kind of plane.

Comment

I do some FPV gliding in an FMS Fox 2.3m. Lovely stable flyer and handles the extra weight with ease. Link is to a cockpit flight video on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nImez...ZoYaWUOIj36YBF

Name:	uvs170422-004.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	110912

Comment

Amazing FPV video inside the Fox glider RoboBiggins! I am in awe of the museum quality work inside the cockpit like all your Scale FPV projects. Would love to see some more inflight footage from that awesome cockpit. Is it possible to do more spirited flying like aerobatics under FPV, like following video, or just too disorienting?

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

I am brand new to the subject of FPV. Does anyone have suggestions for a camera pod that could be mounted on top of the glider wing? Also, best receiver and goggles or viewer. Photos would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

I have tried FPV with delta wings over at a bluff ridge, its quite a thrill gliding over the ocean side, alot different than quad fpv, not too many people are into FPV gliding but i know its a matter of time it catches on.
                              DLG GLiders

Comment

Working...
                              X