Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
    Woody,
    It's a little bit of both planes. I just didn't like the way it looked when it came. Horizon loved the paint job.
    The HSD SUPER VIPER, never came from Banana Hobby. I was one the first order when it came out but the factory did not deliver for a year, so I cancelled my order with them. I will have to update my profile. it really made me mad it took so long on that plane because I ordered a lot of modifications for it which I was lucky enough to put on the FMS Avanti S. Click image for larger version Name:	20180723_212610.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	169209
    Got It, I like the Avanti's. Might not own one for a while if ever. I have an HSD 75mm Viper, and the 90mm Viper Pro still in the box. The 75mm Viper is amazing, got it for $119 PNP, and my Pro for $300 PNP. Man they have seriously went up in price. Always wondered how the 105mm was. My 90mm is almost identical to your Avanti in shape.

Best Regards
    Woody

Comment

Just finished kit asking my Eflite Opterra into a WW2 German jet powered Arado E555 bomber. Too bad it's not a Motion product, I could enter it in next year's March madness! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210414_180027.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	308874
      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Kitbashing. - spellcheck
        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

I just bought one myself, so much to learn on this one..
          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
            I just bought one myself, so much to learn on this one..
            Protect your throwing hand until you perfect the technique. Wear a Kevlar glove if you can find one. I have both the big Opterra and the smaller one. A friend minced the top of his throwing hand on the first throw of the little Opterra. The big one is just downright dangerous - a meat grinder if you don't have the proper technique. I also find the smaller one much more relaxing to deal with. The big one can come in (landing) quite hot. I installed airbrakes from the Mystique sailplane. It really makes for a controlled and well planned landing. The big Opterra can float for 50 to 100 feet just 3 feet off the deck. If you've got a good headwind, you may not get it down before you run out of landable realestate.

Comment

Today I got to fly her for the first time, OMG this plane is GRACEFUL to say the least.. I am happy!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

I have since got a few more flights in with the Big old bird, I love the way it flies and it's so graceful, even my son was saying it was very quite up there. Funny part was it draw a large bird out of the hillside to see what came into it's territory, once it got close enough it turned around and headed back to the trees. LoL!

Comment

has anyone ever flown it with a 4s lipo with the standard motor and esc ?

Comment

Originally posted by gazza View Post
                    has anyone ever flown it with a 4s lipo with the standard motor and esc ?
                    I've been doing it on both my little one and big one from day 1. 2.2, 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      I've been doing it on both my little one and big one from day 1. 2.2, 4s.
                      I talked to a guy at the hobbyshop in Louisville Ky, he burned up 2 motors and escs flying on 4s , not sure if that caused it or not, but I ma happy with 3s myself.

Comment

Since my first post, I used a Kevlar glove until I bought a Dolly off ebay, this thing is awesome and the launches are so easy now.

Comment

I talked to a guy at the hobbyshop in Louisville Ky, he burned up 2 motors and escs flying on 4s , not sure if that caused it or not, but I ma happy with 3s myself.
                          The 1.2 or the 2.0? The 1.2 should not have burned up as it is designed to take 3s or 4s. The 2.0 however, is only spec'd for 3s but I've been flying it on 4s for years. Maybe I've just been lucky. I can't remember that far back but it is possible that I re-propped it to a smaller/less pitchy folding prop. The ESC and motor have never come down beyond warm. No matter, if you're happy with it on the stock 3s, not to worry about what would happen if you went 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post

The 1.2 or the 2.0? The 1.2 should not have burned up as it is designed to take 3s or 4s. The 2.0 however, is only spec'd for 3s but I've been flying it on 4s for years. Maybe I've just been lucky. I can't remember that far back but it is possible that I re-propped it to a smaller/less pitchy folding prop. The ESC and motor have never come down beyond warm. No matter, if you're happy with it on the stock 3s, not to worry about what would happen if you went 4s.
                            Mine is the 2M wing but like I said I am happy with it completely.

Comment

Since my first post, I used a Kevlar glove until I bought a Dolly off ebay, this thing is awesome and the launches are so easy now.
                              If you don't me asking but what dolly did you get? I rarely fly my 2m Opterra because of the prop danger.

Comment

Just looked at that one and it looks like it does a great job.

Comment

It does a very good job, I will try and get some videos soon.

Comment

As promised!
                                    Best video I got from the Runcam 2, the Opterra 2M wing is one of the best video platforms on the market, grab one when you can. What was missed in the video...

Comment

Working...
                                    X