X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Quickly following up on their very popular Mirage 2000C, Freewing has announced their next jet in its 80mm EDF series: An F-5E Tiger II.

We've been closely involved with the development of this aircraft and refining its various elements, and are excited for its release. As of today, Freewing has publicly announced on their Facebook page that the production date is November 10. The F-5 continues recent Freewing innovations such as a spring loaded nose wheel door (introduced in their Mirage) and a quick release system for the missiles (introduced in their F-16). The model also sports a scale sized pilot, and an accurate livery and markings from the CAG's aircraft in VFC-111, a Navy fighter training squadron (often referred to as Aggressors).

Power system: 80mm 12 bladed fan, 1750kv outrunner motor
    ESC: 80A
    Battery: 6s 4000mah 40c-60c
    Servos: 8x 9g
    Flaps: Yes
    Retracts: Electric. Metal trunion on mains, Oleo main struts and double wheel trailing link nose struts.
    Features: Easily screw on/off removable wings, horizontal stabilizers, and vertical stabilizer. Spring-hinged nose wheel door. Scale full flying horizontal stabilizers. Removable AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles.
    Price: $299

Attached Files

Re: Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Didn't the US Navy acquire these from the Swiss? It would be nice to have more than one livery to choose from. How much does it cost (acquisition and inventory support) to offer two liveries? I would think that two or more option would allow for more sales from the same molds. Has this proven so with the Su 35? I agree that the red and white Swiss livery has been done a lot. But having flown the Me 262, a lot, I can tell you that a bright color scheme is highly valued as an RC pilot! Brown camouflage against the brown drought hills of California is not conducive to a long service life of the model!

Comment

Yeah that. And maybe it's just me but, there's just something about 'NAVY' & a desert tan camo that seems....I dunno....'incongruous'?

Comment

Greetings,

Either way, that's one sweet ride.... Bring it on!!!

November is going to be interesting......

Bill L.
        in Okla.

Comment

That's a fairly accurate paint scheme Starhopper, and believe it or not, the Navy and Marines are the only U.S. Armed Service that have the F-5 in current operational inventory. The Air Force quit flying the Tiger II back in the 90's. They are used as aggressor aircraft for dissimilar aircraft combat training.
          By the way, that's a "must have" to compliment my Freewing A-6 Intruder. Same six cell battery packs and all ! Our AMA club "Fentress Flyers" is based out of NALF Fentress. The Navy is gracious enough to let us use the runway when they are not having weekend flight operations. Having all of that runway can spoil a fella when he's flying these fairly big edf's ....
          We have a few guys that are flying turbines there but that is hard core and a great deal more cash than I'm willing to dump into this addiction ... LOL !
          The photo of the 1400mm Zeke you see in my avatar was taken at Fentress earlier this year.
          If your pack's not swellin, you're not gellin ...

Comment

Looking forward to the release of this plane. I've seen so many other F-5s in 64 & 70mm that just didn't "do it" for me. But this one does!

I just got the A-6, and now looking forward to this and the upcoming 90mm F-16 too!
            Pat

Comment

Boy do I agree with you here. I lost my Hawker not too long ago because I lost it in the hills. Fortunately, there was little damage. Everyone at the field hollowed where did it go? By the time I picked it up, it was heading straight toward me and down! Let's have some color on these plane!

Comment

Comment

RE: Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Take my money -- please!!!!!!!

Comment

Just got the pre-order announcement and promptly pre-ordered.

I'm stoked. Looks like Mid to late Feb which allows me to complete some other builds.

Happy New Year !

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

The time is almost here! Thank you to all of you who preordered the new Freewing 80mm F-5 Tiger II. Your support helps to encourage Freewing to continue producing new and exciting scale aircraft. Here are a few photos shot by my friend Ken Simmons of the pre-production Presscheck aircraft which we've used as an evaluation prototype. There are still a small number of F-5s available for pre-order in the first shipment I believe, at the time of this writing.
                      Attached Files
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Stunning photos of F-5E Tiger II. Amazing

Comment

Here's a video of both my new jets, the Freewing F-5 and the Mirage 2000 modded with lights and afterburner LED
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXmefLNCMg

Comment

Cool video

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
                                Here's a video of both my new jets, the Freewing F-5 and the Mirage 2000 modded with lights and afterburner LED
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXmefLNCMg
                                Right On!!! Cant wait to get my F-5 maidened
                                CT

Comment

Another F-5 flight this morning. I was kinda stressed from the F-16 maiden and it was getting rather warm and humid so I did not stay long. Not that it was a difficult maiden; The F-16 IMO is less twitchy than the F-5 and I love the way it flies. I just get nervous on maiden flights.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyP2sGD8_Y

Comment

Morning flight
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyP2sGD8_Y

Comment

Another short flight this morning
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsmNjyNT_8

Comment

added landing lights

Comment

Working...
                                        X