First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
    I did try RC Geek but he did not respond.
    PS, Try again. He is a busy guy. Also, you might attach the 3Dp STL Files to your request, if you did not do so the first time. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• paulsnapp
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

As Elbee suggested, the 3 cockpit parts and nozzles are available under "Upgrades" under any of the F-4's for $23 and $26 respectively. I bought those for both of my F-4's and was happy with the quality. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_182431.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	289453Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_130344.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	289454Click image for larger version

Name:	20181106_225906.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	289455Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_213113.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	289456
    The files I have are not for the Phantom, they are for a Flightline F4U Corsair. I was hoping somebody on the forum charges to print out files. I did try RC Geek but he did not respond.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    I have three 3D printer files for a cockpit that I would like to get printed. I have checked online but those places are way too expensive. Does anyone here know where I can get these 3D files printed for a reasonable price??
    As Elbee suggested, the 3 cockpit parts and nozzles are available under "Upgrades" under any of the F-4's for $23 and $26 respectively. I bought those for both of my F-4's and was happy with the quality. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_182431.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	289453Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_130344.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	289454Click image for larger version

Name:	20181106_225906.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	289455Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_213113.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	289456

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    I have three 3D printer files for a cockpit that I would like to get printed. I have checked online but those places are way too expensive. Does anyone here know where I can get these 3D files printed for a reasonable price??
    https://thercgeek.com/3d-printed-products-services/

https://www.motionrc.com/products/f-4-phantom-ii-3d-printed-cockpit-set

Paul, Have you tried "The RC Geek" for printing services? Also, MotionRC has a Resin 3DP cockpit set for sale and also has 3DP Exhaust Nozzles. Check out both links. Best, LB
    Last edited by Elbee; Dec 8, 2020, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paulsnapp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Yea. That fire was a tragedy .... hard to watch.
    Always love some history Evan!

And that Deck under my Rhino is " TREX" LOL

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I know it's in jest but the Forrest Fire never had wood. Midway on were armored steel decks. Midway was about 4" thick. When they did deck work replacing padeyes we could see day light and the thickness in my work space on the O-2 level.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    I used portrait mode and used natural light, Needed to see how it looked outside.]
    E4, That's when the "Forrestal" still had a wooden flight deck. She does look realistic. Would like to do another Phantom myself. Excellent work. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Adding two more pics. I used portrait mode on these, Finised weathering the tail cones, added some red piping on the horizontals and used natural light, Needed to see how it looked outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8808.jpeg
Views:	753
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	289218Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8815.jpeg
Views:	729
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	289219

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Thanks brother. She won't be my last.... Really itching to do a Camo nicely weathered and chipped. Weathering Camo is a huge undertaking to do it correctly anyway. :-)

Leave a comment:

• T- Elbert
    replied
    Great looking bird gunner,
    It’s not a airplane unless you fly it , 6 more flights on my SEA F-4 today, I have 2 but have that phantom itch for another. They just look so cool and so many color schemes.

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    Your not going to fly it surely??
    You betcha I am :-)

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post

Funny... My Mom use to tell me that every time I took a newly finished plane outta the basement to maiden. Bless her heart!
    Well the first plane I ever built was a Carl Goldberg scale Cessna.I'd never seen an R/C model fly or knew anyone who flew them. As a professional artist and trained woodcarver I made a great job of the plane. I took it to the local cricket ground and got it to lift off about three feet and settle down so I knew it could fly.

Took it to the "experts " in a town 50 miles away and saw for the first time R/C planes flying. The head honcho said he would maiden the plane for me. This guy was old,(half my age now) so I thought it was in safe hands. Off it went and after a minute or so he put it into a spin and whatever happened it spiralled into the ground and was wrecked almost beyond repair. That was some lesson!!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    e4dragongunner, What is there to say that has not already been written. Great looking Phantom, simply Phabulous. It takes time, vision and patience and you have persevered. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    Funny... My Mom use to tell me that every time I took a newly finished plane outta the basement to maiden. Bless her heart!

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8795.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	289098 Ok... Pretty close ...Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8804.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	289096Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8800.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	147.4 KB ID:	289097
    I so want that, want to sell it..............

You did an awesome job on it that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• nuts-n-volts
    replied
    Yep!... One glorious lookin' Phantom you have there! Be proud, Gunner!

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8795.jpeg
Views:	997
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	289098 Ok... Pretty close ...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8804.jpeg
Views:	991
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	289096Click image for larger version