Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TangoVector Thanks for your maiden report, TangoVetor! I love deltas, including this Mirage. I never needed 100% endpoint on the elevator channel for this Mirage to be able to execute exciting maneuvers. Enjoy yours!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• One "Sport jet" and one "Military grade extreme sport jet". This is just pure fun, love every flight. Working on high alpha passes with vertical climb out followed by vertical descent back to high alpha. Also high speed - idle - high G turn - low speed high alpha is done a lot. The transitions are just amazing since it has no bad habits and power to spare (or use when I get to ambitious)

Comment

• Where are you CG'ing? I moved it back from the book value.

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
        So the HP Mirage doesn't need foam cut out and CG with a Admiral 5000 with out issue.. Canopy can use a little trimming but is up to the end user if that's needed or not.

Comment

• Well, this was uncalled for!

Click image for larger version

Name:	M2000.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	272474 .
          Came out of a dive but needed one more metre (3ft). Tail hit the grass runway first, losing the tail-cone, the rear tail-fin bracket came lose, nose cone is bent and the fuselage broke in half under the cockpit and also the cockpit. But it will soon be back in the air with carbon fibre rods inside the battery bay walls. So all is well, just some more battle-scars and I now need to stay a few more feet away for it to look perfect, but I use my models for flying so thats's ok and par for the course.

..but still a little annoyed

Comment

• You got too ambitious.😉
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Awesome jet lands easy high alpha speed demon sounds different I just can't stand the yellow tiger but it does work I'll be painting mine desert camo on top and leave the bottom be .... My maiden today was awesome six flights first required alot of elevator up and was nose heavy but I'm pushing the bat back right now I'm at the aft edge of cg I think it can go back a little more

Comment

• Easy to see for My old eyes!

Comment

• I just bought the freewing Mirage 2000. On the box it claims it can fly as a 4s. It is a 6s plane. Will this aircraft fly as a 4s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Blais View Post
                    I just bought the freewing Mirage 2000. On the box it claims it can fly as a 4s. It is a 6s plane. Will this aircraft fly as a 4s?
                    Not with a 6S motor I don't believe.

I've never tried it but you'd only have 2/3rds of the thrust, at best. You might stay in the air, but you'd need a very long takeoff run to get up to speed. It doesn't sound like fun to me.

Comment

• You are misreading it. There were two versions, a 4 and a 6. They came with different fans and motors.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm new in this Forum and I've got myself a Mirage now.
                        I was wondering where you guys put your receivers on the Plane, in back below the Battery or in the Front?

Thanks.

Phil

Comment

• At the back...

Comment

• I put mine way up front with servo extensions and run them along the channel in the side of the fuse. Couple of ways to skin that cat.

Comment

• Yeah, well the Mirage needs a rearward cg (more than the book CG) that may be hard to get. The more you put aft the better. What weight batteries are you using 67?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Yeah, well the Mirage needs a rearward cg (more than the book CG) that may be hard to get. The more you put aft the better. What weight batteries are you using 67?
                                I use from 603 grams up to 663 grams at the moment. I've shaved the interior of the intakes a touch to get far enough back with those that weigh more, as they're also a touch wider.

I'm at about 20.5" gear down with the heavy packs; it flies great there. Much further and I can't get the battery strap to hold the front of the battery. I can get a tad more rearward with narrower batteries, but it gets a little touchy in pitch.

I do have gyro on this plane, which rides in front of the battery, which made the location of the receiver a little harder to manage and drove the need to put it up front.

Comment

• Yesterday the field was wet and the grass was long, tried taking off with 0 success. So I just made a underhand toss at maybe 60 deg with gear up and it flew happily away. Landed later with gear extended, all is well. Great to be back in the air with my favourite RC airplane!

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                    Do you have method or tricks to improve grass take off with FW Mirage ?
                                    Tried this afternoon, not easy.

Comment

• I had my first unsuccessful grass takeoff last weekend. The grass was a little long and the morning dew had not dried up. On normal days it is not an issue. The Mirage flies at a much lower speed than the elevator needs to overcome the nose down force from the grass. So if you have someone else to throw it for you the first time you try, then underhand launches are very easy. The important thing is to have a steep angle and around 45-60 deg worked fine for me, I'm very happy to have this takeoff method available if the grass is not cooperating.
                                      The other problem is that the cheater hole really sucks up ALL mown grass at the field, which both pluggs the cheater hole and get stuck on the stator vanes behind the fan. Both things seriously lowers the performance of the fan. I use a carbon rod to poke away any grass stuck to the vanes and some compressed air if available. It seems to suck less grass if I feed in throttle enough to get it moving and then once it picked up some speed goes to full power. I never taxi it on grass, that is asking for bad performance.
                                      If I was to modify, I would make a block for the gear servo with a small wedge shape tilting backwards so the gear fits when retracted.

Comment

• Put the first six flights on my new Mirage HP this afternoon. What a thrill! With the new 9b inrunner set up it has tons of power and more than enough speed to make it exciting. Use a 4000mah and got over 4 minutes with no problem. Control throws were out of the book with the exception of the ailerons which I reduced. I started out with the CG at 520mm and moved it back slightly with each flight. Landings are a lot of fun. My approach was typical delta, slightly higher and I just brought the nose up and adjusted the throttle to control the sink rate. I landed with almost full up elevator, kept the nose high until it slowed down. Glad I ordered the 3D printed nozzle. It not only looks great, but it’s durable because I dragged it on the runway several times.

Things you must do:
                                        1. High rate rolls, the Mirage looks like a drill bit. It’s fun! Reminds me of the Diamond Dusts a bunch of us flew in the 90’s.
                                        2. High Alpha slow speed, it slows to a craw.
                                        3. High speed low passes, it zips. Not to mention it sounds like Airwolf going by. It had the people at the field talking.

The Mirage is simple, easy to transport in one piece, and Motion offers it at a very reasonable price. Hard to beat!

Comment

• Winter plans are taking shape and they look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coteau Delta desert.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	277116

Yes, it's a 2000D and not a C, but I like the color scheme

Comment

Working...
                                          X