First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

And when the grass is long, it hand-launches easily

Comment

• About Freewing Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF - Official Thread just bought this semi new but have flown f22 l39 and f86 and f18 64mm and f16 70mm twin otter among others what throws do u recommend for 1st flight got them set by the book

running zeepower 6s 4000 Admiral RX700T

in front hobby eagle a3 super 3 with one of the rx Antenna towards back of plane and one to the right stinking out of canapy have have 50% gains what do u recommend for gains for the gyro

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven198130 View Post
        and one to the right stinking out of canapy . . . what do u recommend[/B][/B]
        Spelling lessons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven198130 View Post
          About Freewing Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF - Official Thread just bought this semi new but have flown f22 l39 and f86 and f18 64mm and f16 70mm twin otter among others what throws do u recommend for 1st flight got them set by the book

running zeepower 6s 4000 Admiral RX700T

in front hobby eagle a3 super 3 with one of the rx Antenna towards back of plane and one to the right stinking out of canapy have have 50% gains what do u recommend for gains for the gyro
          I won't comment on your spell checking but .......................................... 50% rate gain is way too much for a fast jet. If you can, put the gain on the rotary so you can adjust while flying. Start with the rotary at zero and gradually move up when flying fast. As soon as it begins to oscillate, back it off. You'll like find that gain should be around 30% to 35% for a plane like this. Remember, master gain is a percentage (from 0 to 100) of the gain set on the pot. IE, if the pot is set at 50%, then at 50% of the rotary travel, the gain is actually 50% of 50% or 25%.

Comment

• got my ar630 at 20 20 20 and safe gains at 20 20 20 plus have i thank what rcgeek has on his i have about the same throws on as his will be flying it sometime

Comment

• Hi Community,
              I just got done with the setup on my Brand New Mirage 2000, it looks so much fun.(Tiger Eyes).
              I am trying to repurpose a Spektrum AR636B from an eflite Viper. I was able to get the controls and Gyro directions all working right.
              As I cannot change the wing type on a BNF AR636B RX. I cheated and flashed the Rx with the Eflite 2m Opterra file to get to elevon settings.
              I was able to get all the corrections working as they should by adjusting the reverse and port assignment settings in the Rx through the Bluetooth dongle and the As3x app.
              RX Setup :
              Wing type elevon with rudder, Opterra Setup file.
              Bound in safe mode
              Switch - AUX2
              Priority 160 across
              Heading hold - Defaulting to 28 %on pitch and roll and 0% on Yaw (Maybe because opterra wing has no rudder )
              TX NX10 - aircraft type Dual Aileron, Normal Tail.
              Flight Mode (FM) through Telemetry Menu, AS3X activated on switch B Aux2 .

I am having trouble with the Flight modes. I can change the gain for pitch, roll and yaw through the app. My TX (NX10) also reflects the changes. But even with all the gains at 0% through the as3x App, I still get roll and pitch correction. Maybe because I cannot change the heading hold. It remains fixed at 28 %
              I have yaw at 5% on 0% gain on different flight mode and that seems to work, No yaw correction at 0%, yaw correction at 5%. Maybe because I cannot change the heading hold in Deactivated for rudder on opterra. It remains fixed at 28 % for roll and pitch.

Is there a way to setup the 3 flight modes so I can have the following:
              FM1 - Gains 0 % (Regular Rx, no gyro correction) Gyro/As3x OFF
              FM2- Nominal Gyro correction (roughly 20%) for maiden and tune up flights
              FM3- Nominal Gyro correction more pitch correction
              Also I can go into the NX10 telemetry and activate AS3X and assign the left trim tab to remote gain. How do I set it up on the different flight modes and be able to remotely control the gain.

Do I need heading hold and priority programmed if all I need is a basic gyro.

I have spent 2 night fighting with this. I am half way tempted to toss the Ar636B and setup a Rx without a gyro , hook up a hobby eagle Gyro and put the gain and mode on a rocker knob and a switch and call it good. But it will be nice to be done with the As3x Programming nightmare for good.

Thanks.
              And my apologies if this should have been in a Spektrum/Ar636B Thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by aamz13 View Post
                Hi Community,
                I just got done with the setup on my Brand New Mirage 2000, it looks so much fun.(Tiger Eyes).
                I am trying to repurpose a Spektrum AR636B from an eflite Viper. I was able to get the controls and Gyro directions all working right.
                Have you looked at this thread:

Particularly the stuff from flightengr, which makes re-purposing the 636 fairly easy?

(However, my solution to similar problems is the HobbyEagle A3 Pro).

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Have you looked at this thread:

Particularly the stuff from flightengr, which makes re-purposing the 636 fairly easy?

(However, my solution to similar problems is the HobbyEagle A3 Pro).
                  (However, my solution to similar problems is the HobbyEagle A3 Pro). That's where I am leaning.
                  I do have 2 more options I wanna try. Setup an open stock profiles on the Rx (without SAFE) allowing me to disable heading hold. Setup the gains as needed and bind the receiver in AS3x only mode.
                  I will try it tonight. The open Stock profile allows me to select Elevon configuration and also instructs to keep the TX in normal mode. I hope the I can flash and update this profile to AR636B. Assuming the Sepktrum app allows me to do that on AR636B.
                  I am familiar with the rc group discussion thread. I consulted that when I installed an apprentice safe select receiver in a Cessna TTX and I figures it our without a programming chord and it worked well.
                  It's hard to find specifics for AR636B. I am sure there are different flavors that Spectrum flashes them with and we don't even know how to identify those subtle differences. All the hidden layers.

Comment

• Greetings everyone,

What is the largest admiral pack that can fit inside the mirage? I have plenty of 6000mah packs.

Comment

• Originally posted by derrickt View Post
                      Greetings everyone,

What is the largest admiral pack that can fit inside the mirage? I have plenty of 6000mah packs.
                      While you could get a 6000 in with some effort, it would give a very forward CG and destroy the charm of having the best T/W ratio of any FW jet.

I use a 4000, which balances just about right and makes the model very lively, especially if you put a FMS PRO edf unit in it.

Comment

• 4000 pro but why buy admirals? You can get a 5000 in of another brand that’s lighter than the 4k.

Comment

• I've tried using 3300's because I have a number of them for 60" 3D planes I can cross utilize.

My 3300's are ~480 grams and while it's no slouch with ~600 gram 4000's it's better with 3300's in most cases, provided you're not in 80%+ throttle the majority of the flight and if you don't mind the reduction in flight time of about 30 - 45 seconds.

Comment

• I did some flights during the weekend in Germany together with friends, here's a vid of pilot Robert flying some high alpha on his Freewing Mirage with a nice centerburner!

Enjoy the vid!

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by derrickt View Post
                              Greetings everyone,

RCGeek flies his with a 5800mah admiral I believe. He has a YouTube video with his setup on it before he modified it to be a Kfir. He explains what he had to cut away, and his CG placement etc. that guy knows his stuff and you can definitely trust him. He also explained his throws of 5/8” elevator travel and 1/4” for aileron travel. If you set up aileron at the rates in the book, it’ll roll like a bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post

RCGeek flies his with a 5800mah admiral I believe. He has a YouTube video with his setup on it before he modified it to be a Kfir. He explains what he had to cut away, and his CG placement etc. that guy knows his stuff and you can definitely trust him.
                                I'm in no way contradicting what you say, RCGeek knows his stuff. For me I have found that my flying style differs a lot from his (I crash a lot more...) and I like my slow flight high alpha stuff more than most and a 6000mah pack would not work with that kind of flying, but for high speed zooming around, you could probably shoehorn one in, following the instructions.

Not my kind of flying, but in this hobby we do what we want, there is no right or wrong with your own airplane

Comment

• Maidened the mirage today, first flight went ok except the landing was a bit too hot on a not so smooth grassy field. lost 2 wheels. Took some tape and taped the front and right wheel well, moved battery back 1 cm, trimmed up a little bit as it was nose heavy on the first flight, second and 3rd flight were done with a handlaunch that was super easy compared to handlaunch stuff like a funracer. Landings went smooth gliding over the grass. I now need to put protection on the servos. Will repair the wheels easily enough but wont use them on this grass soon.

Much fun was had in the air, plane turns well and solid, rolls are fast and look scale, the climb into hover is something a real M2000 probably cant do but was cool enough to do.

Comment

• I have 3D printed the cockpit, painted and added some lights and fiber optics, also made and afterburner light, what do you think?
                                    Modified 3D printed cockpit
                                    added some paint and lights
                                    final result

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Ari View Post
                                      I have 3D printed the cockpit, painted and added some lights and fiber optics, also made and afterburner light, what do you think?
                                      Modified 3D printed cockpit
                                      added some paint and lights
                                      final result
                                      Very impressive...

Comment

• Hello everybody
                                        I'm french, new owner of this m2000v2.
                                        I'm upgrading it with nav and landing lights. And i'm thinking of making openable canopy. I've been looking for stl files for ejection seat and cockpit, but unsuccesfully.
                                        rc Ari, very nice job. Illuminated screen is amazing.how did you manage to get the files? They are not any more on rcmotion.
                                        Jc

Comment

• Originally posted by jicemic View Post
                                          Hello everybody
                                          I'm french, new owner of this m2000v2.
                                          I'm upgrading it with nav and landing lights. And i'm thinking of making openable canopy. I've been looking for stl files for ejection seat and cockpit, but unsuccesfully.
                                          rc Ari, very nice job. Illuminated screen is amazing.how did you manage to get the files? They are not any more on rcmotion.
                                          Jc

They were posted on the MotionRC web site. If they're no longer there send me a private message.

The 3DP nozzle is an improvement too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X