X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 50 Fly View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread, just wondering how guys are keeping the nose gear door from closing prematurely. Had 3 good flights on a new plane, no problems except the NG door. Tried throttling back after take off, but my guess is the door closes with takeoff speed. Repeated cycling doesn't help because the door's closed. The angle of the spring holders seems to prevent the spring from being straight across the opening, which would really help keep the door open. Ideas please! And thanks
    I check the spring position as part of my preflight. I haven't had a door problem since I started doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 50 Fly View Post
      Haven't read the whole thread, just wondering how guys are keeping the nose gear door from closing prematurely. Had 3 good flights on a new plane, no problems except the NG door. Tried throttling back after take off, but my guess is the door closes with takeoff speed. Repeated cycling doesn't help because the door's closed. The angle of the spring holders seems to prevent the spring from being straight across the opening, which would really help keep the door open. Ideas please! And thanks
      That spring doesn't need to be "straight across" the opening. It normally has a "bow" in it. Your spring may simply be bowed in the wrong direction. You should play with the attachment points to see if you can change how the bow is orientated. Look at the last page of the photos in this thread and it should give you some idea of how it should look.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        That spring doesn't need to be "straight across" the opening. It normally has a "bow" in it. Your spring may simply be bowed in the wrong direction. You should play with the attachment points to see if you can change how the bow is orientated. Look at the last page of the photos in this thread and it should give you some idea of how it should look.
        Thanks, will do!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Yes, the spring can be in one of two stable "bowed" positions when the door is open, one of which prevents the gear from operating properly. Once I figured that out I now check that the spring is in the correct position before takeoff.

Comment

• Brought the Mirage a couple of years ago
            It came with a 12 blade inrunner motor
            I now see it comes with a 9 blade inrunner motor ( most of the new EDF now have 9 blade motors )
            What is the main difference between a 12 blade motor and a 9 blade motor and why have Freewing now drop the 12 blade motor in favour for a 9 blade motor ???

Comment

• 12 has a better sound and 9 is more efficient. I like both the old 1850 12b and the newer 1920 9b.

Comment

• Anyone got a Stl for 80mm afterburner plz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpyrcflyer View Post
                  Anyone got a Stl for 80mm afterburner plz.
                  RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

These are mounts to attach LED lamps to various EDF fan motors. The file names describe which ones. The 90mm_39 dual mount is customized for the Freewing Eurofighter with the 39mm inrunner motor, the 80mm dual is for the E Eflite F-4 Phantom and the 70mm dual is for the FMS F/A-18, although they should fit other twin tailpipe models with the same motors. The adapter "Short_Dual_FMS..." fits the FMS Rafale which has very limited space behind the motor. If a spec looks like 90_40mm it means a 90mm fan with a 40mm inrunner motor, etc.. With the exception of the special B-1B adapters (see below) if a file contains "V2", "V3" or "V4" in its filename it is specifically for the lamp listed here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3Z1K3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These are only $2 each if a 10-pack is purchased, and they are very bright. Otherwise they are for the lamps listed in the following article: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3313547-Making-an-inexpensive-EDF-centerburner for details. Make sure lamps and adapters are securely attached and that all wiring is secured so it can't get sucked into the fan. I have added a small converter so that the different lamps in the link below can be used with the earlier adapters. You will need to remove the yellow plastic part and glue the bulb to the converter, which then fits the EDF adapter.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3Z1K3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The adapter "Dual Flickr 70_30mm V2 FMS PRO inrunner.stl" is for a single 70mm fan with 30mm motor and with twin exhausts (FMS F/A-18) and has a divider between the lamps so they can flicker independently without bleeding too much into the other tailpipe. The ArrowsRC Mig29 and F-15 adapters do NOT fit onto the EDF motor. It goes in the tailpipe 1mm behind the motor - see the blog description. There is a spacer that can be used to precisely locate the adapter 1mm behind the motor - remove after attaching the adapter in the tailpipe. The 64mm F-16 adapter was created by Martin T and is described here:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45701171&postcount=331 The 70-30 B-1B adapters are for the XFly (Banana Hobbies) B-1B. The motor wires exit slightly to the side, so the hole in the adapter is offset to suit and you will need to make right and left handed versions It also is designed for the narrow LED lamps to minimize obstruction to the airflow in the narrow exhaust ducts. It is also short due to the limited space behind the motor. There are three slightly different versions.

Comment

• Thnx Kallend 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Well, the MRC web site states that the stl files are available, but in fact they are not and the links on the site just take you in a circle.

However, a Google search will find copies of the cockpit and nozzle that you can download.
                      Thought I'd just repost this here, for new owners. The STL files for 3D printing can still be found. The Internet never forgets!

Comment

• Thanks! I just got the Mirage 2000 and re-watched the Motion RC video to be sure it did say they were available but they are pretty elusive!

Comment

• They may still be obtainable on the
                          Way Back Machine site that stores tons of old site files
                          cheers
                          ​​​​​​​Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by NewbieBob View Post
                            They may still be obtainable on the
                            Way Back Machine site that stores tons of old site files
                            cheers
                            Bob
                            I found the files in several different places with a quick Google search.

Comment

• Thats great Kallend. Glad they popped up
                              Cheers
                              Bob

Comment

• What does the newest 12b fan with the 2150kv motor pull for amps?

Comment

• 127-129A installed.

Comment

• Hopefully the 100amp esc does not melt.

Comment

• Not installed freewing claims 95 amps vs 90. I know it always higher installed. Are you numbers from the Mirage or another airframe?

Comment

• Mirage, Avanti, and two Gripens…

Comment

• Are you using a higher amp esc in any of those planes Evan? The stock esc's?

Comment

Working...
                                          X