X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reborn8 View Post
    I was curious if the Mirage takes a long runway to take off. I was also curious if the CG in the manual is correct. I will be using a 6S 5K mah lipo. I see that people using the 4K one line the lipo up with the intake for the most part. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
    Oh and if there was ever a plane that a gyro could help..... it's the Mirage:Ligthbulb:

Comment

• The 5000 is too large for the Mirage, the 4000 is perfect and will get you 3.5-4 minutes. I have 4 or 5 of these, none have a gyro ;)

TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I use the HobbyStar 5200. Same weight and size as the Admiral 4000 pro.

Comment

• On the Motions RC site, says expoert pilot. Fly F16, F4 fine..would this be a ok jump?
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• It's fast, it is small and can be hard to see at times but it is a Delta so it can high Alpha great and it is soooo much fun to fly. It glides well and you don't have to fly it wide open all the time. I use Admiral 6S 4000 Pros in mine and they work great! To answer your question, you won't know until you try.

Comment

• RC Jet dude is right, you don't have to fly the Mirage at full throttle the entire time. Cruise the Mirage at half throttle until you're comfortable with it. One of our videos shows me flying it for several minutes with mixed throttle, some of it gliding and low power cruise. The Mirage's delta configuration lends itself to efficient close in flying.

If you fly the F-16 and F-4 "fine", as you say, then it sounds like you have the fundamental skills and conposure to try the Mirage.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks guys! kinda on the fence between this and bae awk
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                  Thanks guys! kinda on the fence between this and bae awk
                  I hear you. I have both and love both because they really are different experiences. The Mirage is a small 80mm which I like because it really is a speed demon, but also with that fat delta shape, she has awesome slow flight characteristics as well. Then the Hawk is easily FW's fastest 70mm stock but with it's shape and the flaps she can perform like a sports jet, fly slow and has that nice nose light which not only looks cool, but helps with orientation as well.

Its a tough choice for sure.

Comment

• Buy them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):Cool::Cool::Cool::Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

I hear you. I have both and love both because they really are different experiences. The Mirage is a small 80mm which I like because it really is a speed demon, but also with that fat delta shape, she has awesome slow flight characteristics as well. Then the Hawk is easily FW's fastest 70mm stock but with it's shape and the flaps she can perform like a sports jet, fly slow and has that nice nose light which not only looks cool, but helps with orientation as well.

Its a tough choice for sure.
                      Yes it is. I have never flew a delta wing before. So I'm nervous in that aspect. Granted don't have to go full throttle out of the box.

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      Buy them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):Cool::Cool::Cool::Silly:
                      Well yea but which one comes first? lol
                      Planes

Comment

• I have both of them... The Hawk and Mirage are two different animals... Either way, you will have fun!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          I have both of them... The Hawk and Mirage are two different animals... Either way, you will have fun!!!
                          Just don't know what to expect with the delta. I'm one of those that don't have a lot faith in my ability but guys at the field tell me "You're good enough to fly just about anything" LOL
                          Planes

Comment

• The Mirage is super sensitive in the roll axis. So with the elevon setup, you need the up and down (elevator), but just a tiny bit of roll (aileron). Factory rates are way too high to start off with.... Can't remember exactly what the throws are :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              The Mirage is super sensitive in the roll axis. So with the elevon setup, you need the up and down (elevator), but just a tiny bit of roll (aileron). Factory rates are way too high to start off with.... Can't remember exactly what the throws are :Thinking:
                              Guys where saying 5mm for ailerons. Was watching all about it last night. Chris (RC Geek) said, if you use factory recommend rates the plane will become a flying drill bit.
                              Planes

Comment

• This was posted by Tired Iron:

Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I use 520mm and I have the following rates and it flys great and will high alpha to a crawl I'm not using a gyro and it's solid as a rock. This plane has made me a much better EDF pilot, it's helped me learn how to setup a good glide path to bleed off speed and get my nose up on approach for a nice gentle touch down.

Aileron: 40% rate 40% expo
                                Elevator: 100% rate 40% expo
                                Rudder: 100% rate 40% expo

I also use the Admiral 4000 pro batteries and get a solid 4 minutes.

Comment

• Thank you.

You been flying off grass?
                                  Planes

Comment

• Thank you.

You been flying off grass?
                                    Planes

Comment

• If that question is for me, the answer is no... I fly off concrete.... Sorry so slow!! :Straight-Face:

Comment

• I fly mine off of George's grass all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

I would say the answers to your question in order are no and yes. Of course pilot technique comes into play here but with all that thrust it doesn't need much of a roll. Cg for me was right on.
                                          The main thing was to tone down the roll rates....a lot.:Cool:
                                          Thanks for the advice. It was not a good maiden. I think it was a big mistake to fly it with a 5K mah lipo. Too big and too much weight possibly. I also damaged one of the air intakes on a failed take off and when I did get her in the air she was all over. Really bad. I did two passes and she crashed (wobbling all over the place and pitching up and down all crazy like). Total loss as she went into a marsh! Lesson learned. But on a good point I went and bought the F-22 Raptor and I love it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X