• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great day at the field 😊

Attached Files
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Another day, another beautiful sunset. Enjoy :D

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Enjoyed putting the first two flights on my Tiger Meet Mirage 2000 v2 this past Saturday. Great flying little EDF with an excellent turn of speed. I need to do a little more practicing for the high alpha landing approach, but that will come. I will spend most of the next flight slow flying at high alpha, getting a better feel for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
          Enjoyed putting the first two flights on my Tiger Meet Mirage 2000 v2 this past Saturday. Great flying little EDF with an excellent turn of speed. I need to do a little more practicing for the high alpha landing approach, but that will come. I will spend most of the next flight slow flying at high alpha, getting a better feel for it.
          I'm glad you like it so far, and I'm certain you'll love it as you unlock its wider flight envelope.

One tip is that this bird can fly far more steeply than it wants to land. We included a little scuff tab for this purpose, but I've ground it off by dragging the tailpipe down the runway a number of times! As much as I like flying this bird steep and slow, when it comes time to land, I actually set it up like a normal scale jet, with a flat approach and a mild flare at the end, having long cut throttle and bled off all but the most necessary airspeed with judicious elevator.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I fly off a grass runway ,the runway is cut quite short and is in good condition .I fly the 70mm F 16 and the F 35 off this runway with no problems .Just wonder if the Mirage would be OK off a grass runway ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
              I fly off a grass runway ,the runway is cut quite short and is in good condition .I fly the 70mm F 16 and the F 35 off this runway with no problems .Just wonder if the Mirage would be OK off a grass runway ?
              If you don't have any issues with the 70mm F16, you certainly won't with the Mirage.

Comment

• Thanks for that . Looks like I am going to be £300 poorer but what the heck

Comment

• Im curious if the wing tank hardpoints hinder the performance of the mirage or make no difference. i have flown it about eight battery packs so far without the the hard points glued in and it feels so locked in and good. nice and juicy slow high alphas that remind me of my extra 300 in the ability to make turns and hold that nose up all day long. it is also one of the few planes that lands well in a crosswind. im reluctant to glue these hardpoints on and find that it messes with the characteristics that i love about this plane. i mean, the only pictures i have seen with these hardpoints attached is on alphas plane.

Comment

• I haven't noticed much of a difference with or without the pylons. If you were unsure, you could always mount magnets in the wings. Either way, I agree with you that this is a really fun plane to fly.

I glue the pylons on moreso to give me something to rest the model on when storing/transporting it. The gas bags rarely get flown. I prefer modding to a single centerline tank using the Freewing MWS slotted mount set.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks for the idea on that center tank. i will attach the wind pylons with a little clear gorilla glue along the sides where it goes into the wing and give them a shot. the clear stuff is not as strong and hopefully can just be pulled out without damaging the foam. At worst i can always just make clean cut to get them out if it make the plane feel worse.

Comment

• MIrage 2000 or T33 ?😘

Comment

• The Mirage is my favorite EDF, I have three of them and pieces of several others

TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Just finished building the Mirage 2000.Not that impressed with it to be honest .It is not up to the Freewing standard I am use to .The first problem I came up against was trying to fix the wings on ,the first side went on OK but when I tried to connect the second wing half it would not fit . I tried to get it to fit and the spar came through the outside of the wing .Took it all apart again and found that the wing spar was in fact about 3/4 inch to long so I had to cut 3/4 inch of the wing spar then it fitted just .Now I am struggling to get the 6s 4000 battery far enough back to get the C of G right .I notice the fuselarge goes very narrow aft of the battery compartment so you are limited to how far you can place the battery back .I think this was ordinally designed to take a 4s battery and then they upgraded it to take 6s but have not allowed room for the 6s Still yet to fly it so hopefully it will redeem its self when I get to fly it but at the moment I am a bit disappointed with it

Comment

• I’ve built four without issue. I guess someone could have picked a incorrect wing tube but would more suspect maybe something in one of the wing tubes maybe? I fly mine in a 5200 but batteries come in different sizes shapes and weights... I hope it’s flying is to your liking...

Comment

• After having a rant about the build but with a few mod it is now ready to maiden it .With regards the spar I assembly the plane minus the spar and it fitted all OK then I put the spar over the wing span and it was about 3/4 inch to long .I suspect someone put the wrong spar in my kit .**** happens ,we are all human .Yes I did the final assembly of the wing with spar installed .Looking forward to my first flight once this wind in the UK drops ,It is just storm after storm here in the UK but I suppose it is February

Comment

• Must just add .I contacted Motion RC Europe about my problems with the Freewing Mirage Kit and within hours they had sorted it all out for me with no if or buts .There customer service is second to none and makes it a pleasure to deal with them .It is reassuring to know that when you buy from Motion RC you know if there is a problem with your purchase Motion RC deal with it with it . 10 out of 10 Motion RC

Comment

Just finished building the Mirage 2000.Not that impressed with it to be honest .It is not up to the Freewing standard I am use to .The first problem I came up against was trying to fix the wings on ,the first side went on OK but when I tried to connect the second wing half it would not fit . I tried to get it to fit and the spar came through the outside of the wing .Took it all apart again and found that the wing spar was in fact about 3/4 inch to long so I had to cut 3/4 inch of the wing spar then it fitted just .Now I am struggling to get the 6s 4000 battery far enough back to get the C of G right .I notice the fuselarge goes very narrow aft of the battery compartment so you are limited to how far you can place the battery back .I think this was ordinally designed to take a 4s battery and then they upgraded it to take 6s but have not allowed room for the 6s Still yet to fly it so hopefully it will redeem its self when I get to fly it but at the moment I am a bit disappointed with it
                                    Mine takes a 6s 4500mah 45c from roaringtop with no issues

Comment

• Finally got around to my maiden flight on the Mirage .After all the problems with the build and a neve raking first flight with the movement to much I trim every thing down and the second flight was great made every thing worth while .Really please with this Mirage ,boy is it fast but slow it down and it becomes a slow predictable model to fly .Have not got around to the high alpha yet but that will come

Comment

MIrage 2000 or T33 ?😘
                                        Oh dear brought both 😁

Comment

• Have now maiden the Mirage but had to really tone the elevator and aileron movement down .Have hardly any movement on them now .I want to start doing the high Alpha .To do the high alpha I take it I will have to put the elevator on a lot more movement then I have .What would be a realistic amount of travel on the elevator to achieve these high alpha with out making it to twitchy again .I can leave the elevator in low rates but switch to high rates for the high alpha but what would be the recommend amount of travel to have on the high rates to start with .Sorry if that does not make any sense Boy does this Mirage go

Comment

Working...
                                          X