X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

Ahh to hell with it. Just placed my order lol. Will deal with issues later. Ordered the same in runner and 12 blade fan I put in my Avanti too. Getting off grass shouldn't be an issue now 😁
    I've never had an issue off rough grass, even with the earlier power system (V1).

It does take 200 ft. of ground run when pulling <80 amps like the original. I think with the 12-bld. inrunner it should be able to pop off in ~100 - 150 ft.

I think you'll be pleased. If you're running the 5000's though, I'd push them back as far as physically possible, then a bit more. It flies best with a rearward CG and makes grass T/O shorter. If you're still having trouble, which I doubt, increase the elevator.

Comment

• inadvertent double

Comment

• how have people got on with the recommended 520mm - 530mm c of g? Is that pretty good? If not where are you guys at?
        also does it make much of a difference measuring c of g with gear up vs gear down?

Only reason i ask is because I have my 5000 admiral in. I have pushed it back till it stops but haven't had to remove any foam or anything to get it back further. And with gear up my c of g is sitting at 525mm. Smack bang in the middle of recommended.

I'm not running the drop tanks nor have I glued in the rails but I have installed the heavier in runner with 12 blade fan from the performance Avanti. Also got a light burner. And gyro and rx sit in the void behind the battery.

Thoughts??

Comment

• Go for it!

Comment

• Question for the group:

I recently purchased a replacement 1857kv 80mm 12 bld EDF for my re-built Mirage. It's putting out 2010 grams of thrust at peak (fully charged ~25.2 volts) on a "true" 30C battery, which is approximately the same as the unit it replaced which if I recall correctly had a lower kv (1800 kv if I recall correctly) and was an outrunner.

I'm thinking there's something wrong with mine. This one should do 3200 grams (or more) out of the airframe according to the FW specs I've seen at a constant 25.2 volts. With a 20% loss from install, it should be more like ~2400 grams installed.

I think I got a bad motor. Can anyone confirm actual installed thrust numbers in grams for their plane with the same motor?

Comment

• I haven't done a thrust test but mine with that motor does really well. I have measured A&W and get 103.7A and 2251.5W.

Comment

• I don't have the right connections to test watts at the moment unfortunately on my watt meter. The FW specs say 2250W & 100A.

I assume it's inflated, but still think something's off with this motor I have, it's just not as strong as it should be. Need to check it with another battery, re-calibrate the throttle and see if I can make a difference.

Comment

• Maiden today and wow I'm impressed. This thing with the same in runner motor and fan as the performance Avanti. OMG. High speed, high alpha for days and effortless, near as dammit 5 min flight time on 4000 60c 6s Admiral. Light burner with foil tape inside to help it reflect. Looks incredible. And the hobby eagle A3L gyro really helps lock it in. I'm gonna enjoy flying this one a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                    Maiden today and wow I'm impressed. This thing with the same in runner motor and fan as the performance Avanti. OMG. High speed, high alpha for days and effortless, near as dammit 5 min flight time on 4000 60c 6s Admiral. Light burner with foil tape inside to help it reflect. Looks incredible. And the hobby eagle A3L gyro really helps lock it in. I'm gonna enjoy flying this one a lot!
                    My favorite jet FW makes also. You'll enjoy this one. The performance is great for a scale jet. I'm on my third, plus have a spare kit en-route, just in case they stop making it or are out of stock.

Wish they'd stick an 80mm fan in more scale jets that are approximately this size and weight.

Comment

• Can get some incredible shots with air to air if you're lucky enough to have a buddy like me with a drone
                      Attached Files

Comment

• You know version 1 is no slouch either, check out this link, at 14:20 starts my flight with version 1. Forgive the lack of nose cone, a sudden cobra maneuver prove too much for the magnets and it was lost forever to the 5 foot tall brush. But as you can see the version 1, stock power system will hover on about 80% throttle, with a HS 4200mah 6s 40C lipo.

Using a HS 3500mah 6s 60C lipo, she'll climb out with authority at 100% throttle from a vertical hover.

Enjoy the show, no gyro, I can't stand them.

Comment

• Comment

• Does the inrunner giver higher top speed or more grunt at lower throttle?
                            Planes
                            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	49BF8351-B56E-4F0A-ACDB-D8B89C970658.jpeg
Views:	830
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	264709 I installed the new inrunner in my A-4 and discovered that the 2.5 ounce increase in weight wasn’t worth it. It’s the same situation with the Admiral 6S 40C 4000mAh vs Admiral Pro 6S 60C 4000mAh batteries. All my planes fly faster with the 1.5 ounce lighter 40C batteries. The flight time with the inrunner remained the same at three minutes. I’m going back to my 9 blade outrunner with ceramic bearings. Lighter is faster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	323577E8-F3EF-47FB-AD06-4C64EC653D98.jpeg
Views:	860
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	264708

Comment

• Well, after breaking the nose section it was easier to just get a new fuse and of course since mine is the original fuse and my replacement is the new tiger scheme so I decided to just repaint her and here's how she turned out. I think she turned out pretty good you think? Also, thank guys for a little help from here on the cockpit detailing.

Comment

• that is stunning. Nice work 👏

Comment

• Demetrius What a nice "first post" here on Hobby Squawk! I agree with Carlbrainiac , that is a stunning refinish you did on your Mirage. It's the first refinish I've seen depicting the "Mirage 2000-01" prototype scheme.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Guys!

Comment

• So the HP Mirage doesn't need foam cut out and CG with a Admiral 5000 with out issue.. Canopy can use a little trimming but is up to the end user if that's needed or not.
                                        Planes
                                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Alpha I maidened mine yesterday, what a wonderful airplane! I'm at 70% elevator but working myself up to 100. 25% on ailerons feels just right, might increase it later. I have no idea about sales statistics, but this one should be a bestseller! Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X