X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

They were posted on the MotionRC web site. If they're no longer there send me a private message.

The 3DP nozzle is an improvement too.
    Well, the MRC web site states that the stl files are available, but in fact they are not and the links on the site just take you in a circle.

For copyright reasons I will not post the files here.

However, a Google search will find copies of the cockpit and nozzle that you can download.

Comment

• Hi guys. Nearly impossible to get it from websearch.
      But i finaly got it from a very nice person 😉
      As you can see

Comment

• Confused about my Mirage tiger meet PNP version

Hello, I'm confused about what power system version I have in my plane, after unsuccesfull try to takeof from grass (I could take of my FW Jak 130 70mm) I put attention of my power system.
        the manual had a detached foil saying that I had 80mm 9blade edf with 3658-1920KV motor, I have verified that the ESC is a 100 Amp ESC, but the EDF has 12 blades.
        I could not check the motor KVs as it is covered by the edf housing, it is inrunner.

Its suposed to be the "High performance" version as I ordered it and as the detached page from the manual says.

Also I have tested to put the plane vertical and apply full throttle with a fully charged battery and leave it for a short time (half a second and with my hands realy close but not touching it) and it goes down slowly.

The description page says " The 9-blade power system provides enough static thrust to maintain a hover"

Having a 12 blade EDF and the inability to mantain a hover makes me think that I have received a non High performance version.

I would like your thoughts about it, and if it is not the high performance version what should I do, contact the seller or contact freewing

thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-05-15 at 15.10.45.jpeg
Views:	661
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	345894

Comment

• Look at the back of the motor. If it's flat you have the HP inrunner. If there is a cone around the back a lower performance out runner, sounds like this is what you have. If you have it out of the plane you can rotate the fan to see the kV between the slots. If you have the 1850 out runner it's a good set up, very close to the inrunner in performance. The 1850 was considered, and marked as the HP before they came out with the inrunner.

Comment

• RC Ari Did you calibrate your esc?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              RC Ari Did you calibrate your esc?
              yes that's the first thing I do after setting up the radio

Comment

• hi
                some tuning

Comment

• Originally posted by jicemic View Post
                  hi
                  some tuning
                  Nice cockpit. Did you do the nozzle too?

If you check my blog on rcgroups there are detailed instructions on how to make your own afterburner for a fraction of the cost of the commercial ones. Also a landing light controller.

Details of how to make one can be found at:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3313547-Make-your-own-EDF-afterburner

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eDpmZ...el=JohnKallend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAAA...el=JohnKallend

Comment

• hi
                    here are some pics of my m2000. it's now ready to fly.
                    i put landing lights, nav lights, afterburner, 3d cockpit and nozzle, upgraded the pilot witch i found horrible, a vent on top. gyro is on.
                    it is "only" 2.3 kgs, not too bad i think.
                    i got a small vid, but don't know how to upload it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jicemic View Post
                      i got a small vid, but don't know how to upload it.
                      You put it on a 3rd part video host like YouTube, then link it here.

Comment

• A few weeks ago during an EDF meeting in Germany I had the opportunity to record a flightvid during windy conditions of a Freewing Mirage 2000 equipped with an FSM 80mm pro EDF unit.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• hi guys
                          some news of my m2000
                          first flight two days ago
                          controls travels were much too high, i'll put 7mm ail and 13mm elev with a lot of expo 40pc at least for next flight.
                          as soon as i can take off again, because front landing gear decided to retract at each new attempt.
                          some vids

i decided to fix the landing gear. what i did:
                          i saw that the kind of metal nut that goes fwd and aft on the screw to actuate the strut's fork was moving a little too much aft when extending and so permits the fork to pass over it and then retract.
                          it is visible as there are marks on the nut.
                          so i glued a little piece of plastic in order to actuate the stop switch a little sooner and the it is harder for the fork to pass over.
                          i also noticed that the screw is moving aft and fwd a little, and with vibes i guess it moves and then facilitate the fork to pass over the nut.
                          i then glued two pieces of plastic so the nut push on it when actuating switch and then don't move anymore.
                          i hope this fix will be enough and allow me to take off again.
                          here are some pics of the fix
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	dataurl871267.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	356845

Comment

• pics of fixing
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl077095.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	356847

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl144844.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	356849

Comment

Name:	dataurl201193.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	356851

Comment

Name:	dataurl251323.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	356853

Comment

• And now, flyes really well. I love it

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Ari View Post
                                      Confused about my Mirage tiger meet PNP version

Hello, I'm confused about what power system version I have in my plane, after unsuccesfull try to takeof from grass (I could take of my FW Jak 130 70mm) I put attention of my power system.
                                      the manual had a detached foil saying that I had 80mm 9blade edf with 3658-1920KV motor, I have verified that the ESC is a 100 Amp ESC, but the EDF has 12 blades.
                                      I could not check the motor KVs as it is covered by the edf housing, it is inrunner.

Having a 12 blade EDF and the inability to mantain a hover makes me think that I have received a non High performance version.

I would like your thoughts about it, and if it is not the high performance version what should I do, contact the seller or contact freewing

thanks in advance.
                                      Hi,

This has probably solved itself in some way, but the 12 blade inrunner is afaik the highest thrust producing version. It was changed to the 9 blade version that gives a little more top end (speed) performance but less static thrust. I would make sure the batteries are up for the task and have the correct size. 4Ah is the max and then have a look at the link below where the best and worst "5Ah" 6S batteries are tested. That thread is the basis for all my battery buys and is made of OBJECTIVE TESTING, instead of the standard "I have the best equipment, get the same as me".

If it doesn't hover then, maybe change timing on the ESC.
                                      Battery Load Test Comparisons Batteries and Chargers

Comment

• He hasn't been back since May. I can fit up to a 5200 in mine (or up to a 4000 8S). Batteries change all the time and he usually tests a tiny sample size so you have to take his info under advisement too. Don't assume that because a manufacturer has a good (or bad) battery that all their batteries are good. I won't bother telling you what batteries I use.

Comment

• Haven't read the whole thread, just wondering how guys are keeping the nose gear door from closing prematurely. Had 3 good flights on a new plane, no problems except the NG door. Tried throttling back after take off, but my guess is the door closes with takeoff speed. Repeated cycling doesn't help because the door's closed. The angle of the spring holders seems to prevent the spring from being straight across the opening, which would really help keep the door open. Ideas please! And thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X