F7F-3 Tigercat

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing Su-35 Twin 70mm 12 blade

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kallend View Post

    I have ailerons and tailerons. I did have flaperons but decided the flap function was unnecessary so they reverted to just ailerons.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kallend View Post

      I have ailerons and tailerons. I did have flaperons but decided the flap function was unnecessary so they reverted to just ailerons.
      If you use gyro outputs 4 and 5 on the super 4 gyro connected to the main wing ailerons does left wing go to 4 and right wing go to 5 and have you had to reverse one of the wing servos so that before you connect to the gyro you have one normal servo and one reversed servo ? Also if you have tailerons and ailerons working together does this not make the plane very roll sensitive or do you dumb down the aileron rates to compensate ?
      No doubt I am missing something here

      Comment


      • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

        If you use gyro outputs 4 and 5 on the super 4 gyro connected to the main wing ailerons does left wing go to 4 and right wing go to 5 and have you had to reverse one of the wing servos so that before you connect to the gyro you have one normal servo and one reversed servo ? Also if you have tailerons and ailerons working together does this not make the plane very roll sensitive or do you dumb down the aileron rates to compensate ?
        No doubt I am missing something here
        It isn't over sensitive in roll.

        The A3S4 is programmable with respect to servo response direction on outputs 4 and 5, so there's no need for reverse servos.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kallend View Post

          It isn't over sensitive in roll.

          The A3S4 is programmable with respect to servo response direction on outputs 4 and 5, so there's no need for reverse servos.
          Thanks, time for me to buy an A3S4

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kallend View Post

            It isn't over sensitive in roll.

            The A3S4 is programmable with respect to servo response direction on outputs 4 and 5, so there's no need for reverse servos.
            Thanks, time for me to buy an A3S4 I should end up with this :-

            ia10b RX setup with radiolink Tx as follows :-
            Channel 1 Left taileron Y`d to left (up/down )vt servo to gyro out 1
            Channel 2 Right taileron Y`d to right (up/down)vt servo to gyro out 2
            Channel 3 Throttle/motor
            Channel 4 rudders Y`d to central left to right vt servo to gyro out 3
            Channel 5 Landing gear
            Channel 6 Flaps( I have the inboard flaps now so I might as well have the option to use them with a touch of down elevator mix as a flight mode.
            Channel 7 slider gain switch connected to A2-E2-gain port on gyro.
            Channel 8 gyro on/off/autobalance 3 position switch. via serial/RX/M port on gyro
            Channel 9 left aileron to gyro out 4
            Channel 10 right aileron to gyro out 5
            B/YCC Bind plug and power in from external BEC

            Comment


            • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

              Thanks, time for me to buy an A3S4
              Just be sure to read the instructions!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kallend View Post

                Just be sure to read the instructions!
                Already downloaded and read a few times. The gyro and programming card should arrive in a couple of weeks. New tx arrived today, fitted lipo, done initial setup, sticks calibration, reduced spring tension on gimbals, reduced stick length a bit to suit my thumbs. So far so good ! Working my way through tutorials by RC Video Reviews then I will bind and set up my Avanti as a practice plane and have a few flights before I have a go at the SU35. ​

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kallend View Post

                  It isn't over sensitive in roll.

                  The A3S4 is programmable with respect to servo response direction on outputs 4 and 5, so there's no need for reverse servos.
                  ok so if I use delta mix on the programming card, connect left elevator to out1 on the gyro, right elevator to out2 on the gyro, rudder to out 3 on the gyro and my main wing ailerons which I currently have on a Y lead to out4 on the gyro then I dont see the need for out 5. Also if I did separate the main wing servos so I can use out 4 and out 5 then what stops the gyro acting as pitch on the main wing ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

                    ok so if I use delta mix on the programming card, connect left elevator to out1 on the gyro, right elevator to out2 on the gyro, rudder to out 3 on the gyro and my main wing ailerons which I currently have on a Y lead to out4 on the gyro then I dont see the need for out 5. Also if I did separate the main wing servos so I can use out 4 and out 5 then what stops the gyro acting as pitch on the main wing ?
                    Suggest you read the manual.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kallend View Post

                      Suggest you read the manual.
                      Well the good news is I think the penny has dropped on the A3 super4, all will be revealed in a few days time when and if it arrives. On the other hand I have sent the Radio Master TX16s back to the supplier, I just cannot live with the weight, balance, grip and feel of the unit and I cannot get my thumbs to lay where I want them with the thickness of the unit. The A3super4 will however allow me to setup tailerons and the mixes I want on my existing radio so I will settle for that for now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                        On the other hand I have sent the Radio Master TX16s back to the supplier, I just cannot live with the weight, balance, grip and feel of the unit and I cannot get my thumbs to lay where I want them with the thickness of the unit. The A3super4 will however allow me to setup tailerons and the mixes I want on my existing radio so I will settle for that for now.
                        I still think you would have liked the X20S a lot more.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post
                          I still think you would have liked the X20S a lot more.
                          Maybe next year, in the meantime I have achieved what I want out of my existing radio for all my models now including my SU35 with the following setup :-

                          Current setup of SU35 with Flysky FSi6X tx, IA10B pwm rx and Hobby Eagle A3 super 4 gyro using programme card
                          designated as flying wing.
                          Channel 1 Left taileron servo (aileron in radio tx)Y`d to left (up/down )vt servo to gyro out 1

                          Channel 2 Right taileron servo (elevator in radio tx) Y`d to right (up/down)vt servo to gyro out 2
                          Channel 3 Throttle/motor( throttle in radio tx )
                          Channel 4 rudder servos( rudder in radio tx) Y`d to central left to right vt servo to gyro out 3
                          Channel 5 Landing gear ( assigned to a chosen switch) 1% down elevator mix with gear down
                          Channel 6 Flaps( assigned to a chosen 3 position switch). I have the inboard flaps now so I might as well have the option to use them with a touch of down elevator mix (2%)
                          Channel 7 Gyro main gain to roll dial on tx
                          Channel 8 gyro on/off/autobalance lead( flight mode lead )connected to serial/RX/M port on gyro
                          (assigned to chosen 3 way switch)
                          Channel 9 left main wing aileron servo to gyro out 4 (set as ail in programme card) No switch assigned
                          Channel 10 right main wing aileron servo to gyro out 5 (set as ail in programme card) No switch assigned
                          B/YCC Bindport on rx takes power in from external BEC​.( 6 to 10 amp ztw set to 5,5v output powered with 500mah 2s lipo consuming 100mah/3 min flight )

                          Gyro A E R port with supplied 3 way lead (yellow, red, brown leads) to Ch1,2, 4 slots respectively on the receiver.
                          Gyro A2- E2- G port with supplied 3 way lead (yellow, red, brown leads) to Ch 9,10, 7 slots respectively on the receiver.


                          A bit of juggling with servo reverse was required in the radio and programme card. I now just need some half decent weather for my first flight with tailerons

                          Comment


                          • I need a little help. I managed to break a few blades on the right side EDF. Fortunately, nothing else was damaged. There are 2 replacement fans on the MotionRC site. 1 is reverse and the other normal. I'm assuming the normal is clock wise rotation and reverse is counter clockwise rotation. Is this correct? If yes, which side is reverse and normal?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by salali View Post
                              I need a little help. I managed to break a few blades on the right side EDF. Fortunately, nothing else was damaged. There are 2 replacement fans on the MotionRC site. 1 is reverse and the other normal. I'm assuming the normal is clock wise rotation and reverse is counter clockwise rotation. Is this correct? If yes, which side is reverse and normal?
                              This is easy to figure out for yourself. Take a look at the pictures of the fans on the "spare parts" list at MotionRC. Now take a look at the one of yours that's broken. Pick the one that has the blades going in the same direction.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                This is easy to figure out for yourself. Take a look at the pictures of the fans on the "spare parts" list at MotionRC. Now take a look at the one of yours that's broken. Pick the one that has the blades going in the same direction.
                                Thanks Xviper. That was easy enough. Simple common sense goes a long way :)

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by salali View Post

                                  Thanks Xviper. That was easy enough. Simple common sense goes a long way :)
                                  That is usually the best way. Occasionally, especially when I don't know if you got the plane second hand or not, the previous owner may have swapped the fans side to side. I've even seen the odd time (not on this plane), when the fans were installed on the wrong sides at the factory. Now you can't say if you have a left or right one, forward or reverse, although most reverse fans/props turn counter-clock when viewed from the rear.

                                  Comment


                                  • Tuning in after a long while!

                                    I use tailerons + flaperons. They aren't needed but I still like to use them (flaperons) for the scale factor. Also help take-off faster, and that's a big plus to limit FOD on my gravel runway.

                                    My 4th SU-35 just passed the 450 flights too, w00t!

                                    Comment


                                    • Whilst awaiting arrival of a new body unit I decided to make a YAKSOI 130 by raiding the spares box, balsa box, previous damaged bits of my first SU35 parts and an old Yak 130 canopy. This may take a while so I will post as I go. Started with drawing full size on tracing paper and am going from there. I have enough parts, edfs, servos escs etc to do 2 planes so I will still do the SU35 for the Spring but this keeps me occupied over the winter.


                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Yaksoi130.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	362824

                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221117_121552_567.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	362820

                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221121_174643_196.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	362821
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221203_131405_886.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	362822
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221203_131438_444.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	362823



                                      Comment


                                      • Wow that is really something.
                                        Duly impressed
                                        Bob

                                        Comment


                                        • Early days Bob, progress is slow but the next couple of weeks will see the basics completed. Before long I will do a full mock up to check out cg before deciding final positions for fans, escs, rx, gyro, main battery, bec, bec battery and nose wheel. I am going for a 2 or 3 colour scheme. Light grey, beige/sand and a coffee colour, unless I change my mind as it all unfolds. The front fuselage, nose cone and spears will be beige, horizontal and vertical stabs beige and grey. Wings beige, grey and maybe the coffee. underside wings grey, underside rear stabs beige, underside power stacks grey, body centre line beige, assuming what I see in my head matches what I see on the model. I have a few things to tweak on the vertical stabs and the main air duct entry angles, guards to the thrust vector control lines and ventral fins. The basic aerodynamics remain SU35, the rest is just for fun !!

                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221207_153415_144.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	363088

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X