Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMS 80MM Dassault Rafale

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizer67
    replied
    I like power system. The 2100kv motor and fan is great for ~$86. I have it in the Mig-21 and Mirage and it's great there, but the heaviest is 2850 grams.

This plane is said to weigh close to 3300 grams AUW. That's going to lead to pretty anemic verticals regardless of the good thrust for 6S on that fan.

Sure it's going to high alpha for days with that wing area, but it'll be somewhat lacking if you're on the back side of the power curve.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    The livery is a bit gawdy but hi viz nonetheless. Growing on me. I like the looks of the plane overall but especially the FMS 2100kv motor fan combo. They do seem to really excel in this area. I've retrofitted a few of my FW edfs with the 2000kv and its a killer setup.

I'd much rather have an 80 or 90mm F9F Panther/ Cougar. Then I can repaint and complete my Blue Angels series. F4, A4, F/A-18. Okay, I'd still need the Bearcat and F11 which I think thwy flew briefly. There no Panther or Cougars to be found in this size.

Leave a comment:

• HellHathNoFury
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post

You mean the cheap nose gear that's never in stock ?

Asking for a friend
    Replace Retracts with HK ones.. Straight install.. No issues after that..

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Someone sent me this today. It’s new to me.

Leave a comment:

• air-jon
    replied
    I'm stoked the canard jets are getting some love again! At least something got love in 2020.

This flashy yellow color scheme is growing on me...

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyrabuse
    replied
    Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
    Well looks like a choice for those that wanted an 80mm Rafael. Just wonder if HH will mess with schemes or leave the tiger scheme. Also, I hope they got that nose gear fixed so it does not collaspe easily on grass runways.
    You mean the cheap nose gear that's never in stock ?

Asking for a friend

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyrabuse
    replied
    Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post
    Now that is nice! Shame it's FMS 😁
    Yeah no parts cheap electronics and bad servos airframes nice though I'll pass

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyrabuse
    replied
    Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
    Looks like fms coming out with a new 80mm Rafale

https://youtu.be/qpHvha4RoCY
    I wouldn't buy a plane from FMS or HH if it was the last ship on planet earth

No parts shoddy service and cheap electronics imof I gave my Eflite jumbo p51 away today at the field

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    So FMS pulls it off to be the first one with a Rafale, why that livery though, no thanks, why not just go with the gray, I will wait for the Freewing one.

Leave a comment:

• MAVFLIGHT75
    replied
    Rafale and Gripen 1-2 on my non-US fighter wish list...I'll take them both

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    I'm sure FW could design break-away missile rails...maybe employ some magnets for those of use clumsy enough to snag one or catch one on landing so the plane doesn't cartwheel.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    ....and the Gripen's intakes sit a tad higher on the fuselage when compared to the Rafale, and certainly higher than the Eurofighter. This could be beneficial for the grass flyers due to FOD ingestion reduction . It is well-known many RC pilots don't have paved runways to use (although pavement isn't FOD eliminating either, ha-ha).

Sounds like an awful lot of positive attributes to make a model out of.

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    I think the Gripen is the best looking of the bunch and what TCAT mentioned are already big plus' in it's favor.

The only thing negative about the Gripen (vs. other deltas) that I can see is the wingtip missile rails. Those seem easy to snag on something.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    It could also be released in N. America as an Eflite. Look at the Eflite SU-30 vs the FMS SU-27. Some say the FMS version is the better product. I prefer the Eflite for the AS3X. Unfortunately, neither will sell it as an ARF.
    Anyone wanna take a guess as to what the size comparison is of this Rafale to say, a FW Eurofighter? 80mm vs 90mm - a bit smaller maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    True

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied

A fellow Gripenite 🤣 ... couldn't agree more.

I'm taking the view that if I pester Alpha enough he'll do one just to shut me up.

Incidentally, the JAS-39 Gripen has a kill-death ratio at NATO Red Flag that's only marginally worse than the F-22 Raptor and by far better than any other aircraft.

The RAF should have bought the Gripen not the Typhoon.

Andy
    LOL. Yeah, the Gripen is a great looking jet. I also love the single exhaust outlet compared to the dual of the Eurofighter and Rafale. That will aid in less thrust loss compared to a single EDF with bifurb. design. If someone wants to add a centerburner style fixture, it will be visually easier to see and usually a more noticeable effect. Lastly, having no exterior refueling probe looks significantly cleaner on the Gripen, and less for people to accidently snap off when transporting the plane, etc.

Leave a comment:

• The43rdHammer
    replied
    Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    ... I'd like to see a Freewing 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen...
    A fellow Gripenite 🤣 ... couldn't agree more.

I'm taking the view that if I pester Alpha enough he'll do one just to shut me up.

Incidentally, the JAS-39 Gripen has a kill-death ratio at NATO Red Flag that's only marginally worse than the F-22 Raptor and by far better than any other aircraft.

The RAF should have bought the Gripen not the Typhoon.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    Now that is nice! Shame it's FMS 😁
    Hope Freewing releases whatever they're working on before this one makes it to CONUS. I like choices, but all else equal, would prefer Freewing and MRC's spares practices.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    It is definitely nice to see a Rafale in the mix, and appears to have been done nicely.

However, I'd like to see a Freewing 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen (particularly in the 2017 Tiger Meet livery) even more.

Leave a comment:

• wolpertinger
    replied
    Well looks like a choice for those that wanted an 80mm Rafael. Just wonder if HH will mess with schemes or leave the tiger scheme. Also, I hope they got that nose gear fixed so it does not collaspe easily on grass runways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X