Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lew
    replied
    They look like they are but my edf is difficult to get to the motor as it’s inside the model

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Did you check to make sure all 3 motor to ESC wires are connected properly?

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    Not sure I if I need a different radio because everyone seems to advise to put the futaba radio in reverse to ge the motor connected ( I tried that also)

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    Hi Evan

unfortunately I do not, I have contacted futaba directly and motion rc, trying to figure it out. I’ve checked every throttle value, setting, throttle cut, trims and fail safe settings. No idea what to do tbh

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Lew do you have a club or hobby shop nearby?

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    Hi there

thank you for getting back to me. I am still new to this hobby and not really sure what the process is. Please can you provide a step by step process for a dummy?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Futaba needs to have the throttle channel reversed too.

Leave a comment:

• jasmith41
    replied
    the throttle cut switch / setting could also be the culprit i think...

Leave a comment:

• jasmith41
    replied
    assuming you didn't go into ESC programming beyond ESC calibration by mistake, set all your throttle trims and sub-trims as low as they go. you may even need to change the throttle travel on the low end was down as low as it will go. i've had this same issue many times, but recently had it with a bird i put an rx in from a diff plane and i had to do this with two diff radios to get the ESCs to arm on binding...

don't try calibrating the ESC until you resolve your above issue and then when you do, be really careful not to go beyond ESC calibration only when running that procedure...

Leave a comment:

• lew
    started a topic Edf esc fast pace beeping

Edf esc fast pace beeping

I have purchased my edf from motion rc and wired it up my self following their tutorial on YouTube and I have soldered the battery wire to steal electric for my futaba r3008sb receiver which is also wired correctly to the servos and has a Bec 5v to work correctly. When I try calibrate the controls with my futaba controller t6k 8 channel radio it won’t pair even by sticking it in reverse (due to safety feature on remote and throttle) even using the trims still won’t get the plane to connect. However the beeping is only rapid when the throttle is plugged into the receiver when I take it out it beeps normally. But when it is on channel 3 where it is meant to be (but I have tried other ports) it beeps really fast and the motor twitches to each fast pace beep. My receiver light is green and when I go on test controls only channel 8 moves my alieron and elavator controls nothing else moves ( I assumed that is because the throttle is not yet calibrated to unlock full controls such as landing gear flaps) Can anyone help I would really appreciate it as this is my first edf plane. I have followed all the advice I can find. Thank you
Working...
X