You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xfly Models B1B Bomber 70mm

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cdavis11 View Post
    Does anyone have a spektrum ix series setup file they'd care to share? I'm bypassing the onboard gyro and using an 8 channel spektrum rx.
    Did you ever get one set up?

    I have an iX20 file for the (bypassed) B-1B, with a AR10100T Rx and HobbyEagle A3S4 gyro. What iX do you have? My setup makes use of physical switches that the iX12 and 14 do not have, along with logical switches and the sequencer.

    Comment


    • anybody care to share their setup for a Jeti? i'm having problems with the ESC on turning on, Flaps, and wing sweep working. Everything else works fine.

      Comment


      • The XFly B-1B has a bunch of little problems, and had a couple of major issues. Some of it has been fixed, some if it persists in the jet we own. Here's our ...


        Hey all,

        Just caught this vid from 2 Bros RC about the Xfly 70mm B1-B.

        Those who own one of these beauties are most likely aware of this issue with the wing mounts, but thought I'd share it.

        Would not be a deal breaker for me now that the fix is known and available, but it is quite surprising to me that it is not free from the OEM.

        Best, LB




        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

        You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

        AMA#116446

        Comment


        • Banana doing Banana things. How I wish Freewing would have been the originator of the model. Oh well.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6kLtf_qLJs

            Hey all,

            Just caught this vid from 2 Bros RC about the Xfly 70mm B1-B.

            Those who own one of these beauties are most likely aware of this issue with the wing mounts, but thought I'd share it.

            Would not be a deal breaker for me now that the fix is known and available, but it is quite surprising to me that it is not free from the OEM.

            Best, LB





            Hey, thanks for linking here! I'd been meaning to sign up a while ago and just forgot - then wondered if someone had run across this vid elsewhere and decided to sign up. To be fair to Banana, it is free and included in the shipped Lancers now. First-run buyers were expected to purchase it. That was my primary point of contention - as opposed to Motion who shipped free servos to MiG-29 customers.


            Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Banana doing Banana things. How I wish Freewing would have been the originator of the model. Oh well.


            ​Agreed completely. Especially after Motion has committed to improving customer service based on feedback I've provided them on YT. Motion's response to my feedback was incredibly professional. Banana's response is pinned in the comment section and is unfortunately rather petulant.​​

            Comment


            • Jon @ Two Bros RC As a long time employee at Motion RC, I can't say too much about how I really feel about Banana but I will just say that being in this hobby as a consumer for over 25 years I am well aware of the history of their company and issues and I am not at all surprised. The one thing I can assure you or anyone reading this is that our company goes above and beyond for customer service and relations. I've seen it first hand behind the scenes now for 10 years and counting.

              Good on you for providing a great video as a cautionary tale and PSA of sorts.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

              Comment


              • Aros Jon @ Two Bros RC

                First and foremost Jon, Welcome to "The Squawk" and secondly, as a guy who has some real world touchy-feely with the B-One, I want this model.

                I've watched your vids with growing interest and find those to be both informative and truthful.

                Point being, I'm handy enough to mod, fix, or upgrade the model, just need to get past the price v quality.

                CS is paramount for return customers and IMHO MotionRC is king in this regard, though for me and this offering, it is about the quality not the OEM.

                Thank you for making the B1 vid and taking the time to join us here at HS; Welcome Aboard, Sir.

                I, for one, will look forward to your future comments, opinions and advice.

                Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

                You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

                AMA#116446

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jon @ Two Bros RC View Post

                  Hey, thanks for linking here! I'd been meaning to sign up a while ago and just forgot - then wondered if someone had run across this vid elsewhere and decided to sign up. To be fair to Banana, it is free and included in the shipped Lancers now. First-run buyers were expected to purchase it. That was my primary point of contention - as opposed to Motion who shipped free servos to MiG-29 customers.
                  .​​
                  Glad to see your video, and that you have the B-1B flying well! I couldn't agree more with your comments. It was my post and photos that you showed in the beginning of the video, and unfortunately nothing was ever made right. I was repeatedly accused of not knowing how to fly, and banana basically decided that I was solely to blame. I've still got a lot of lingering bitterness around this model, and more particularly, how it was handled. Some other pilots were at least offered partial credit of a new model, but banana never even attempted to offer that to me.

                  I was one of those clamoring for a B-1B, and was so excited to have one. Unfortunately, after the way this was handled, I lost my enthusiasm for it. I may still eventually get one in the future though, and I'll certainly be bypassing the stock board when I do.

                  Comment



                  • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    Aros Jon @ Two Bros RC

                    First and foremost Jon, Welcome to "The Squawk" and secondly, as a guy who has some real world touchy-feely with the B-One, I want this model.

                    I've watched your vids with growing interest and find those to be both informative and truthful.

                    Point being, I'm handy enough to mod, fix, or upgrade the model, just need to get past the price v quality.

                    CS is paramount for return customers and IMHO MotionRC is king in this regard, though for me and this offering, it is about the quality not the OEM.

                    Thank you for making the B1 vid and taking the time to join us here at HS; Welcome Aboard, Sir.

                    I, for one, will look forward to your future comments, opinions and advice.

                    Best, LB

                    Thanks! Happy to be here and to help out where possible. Contrary to what some other popular channels believe, I can maintain objectivity regardless of whether I buy an airframe or if it's sent to me. I have no particular reason to be dishonest. I'd rather make affiliate sales through earnest experiences and truthful reporting because my reputation is at stake, and that's worth more to me than the small percentage commission that comes from affiliate sales.

                    Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

                    Glad to see your video, and that you have the B-1B flying well! I couldn't agree more with your comments. It was my post and photos that you showed in the beginning of the video, and unfortunately nothing was ever made right. I was repeatedly accused of not knowing how to fly, and banana basically decided that I was solely to blame. I've still got a lot of lingering bitterness around this model, and more particularly, how it was handled. Some other pilots were at least offered partial credit of a new model, but banana never even attempted to offer that to me.

                    I was one of those clamoring for a B-1B, and was so excited to have one. Unfortunately, after the way this was handled, I lost my enthusiasm for it. I may still eventually get one in the future though, and I'll certainly be bypassing the stock board when I do.
                    It's really unfortunate that you had that issue with BH. Jeremy Solt has been making it quite clear that you don't know how to fly - both on the Facebook post about this vid and in the pinned comment on my YT vid:

                    Just because it’s written in the RCG doesn’t mean the situation is what happened there’s always two sides to a story. Which this is a perfect , The crash example in your video where you see the jet in the vehicle was countered with the customer providing us with a slow-motion video detailing a misjudged flight path where the pilot commanded the airplane into his first wing sweep configuration, Then, immediately upon the wings finally reaching max wing sweep, ended in an unavoidable collision with trees. If it was a manufacturing flaw we would have given him a new plane. However it was clearly not this example also had nothing to do with wing brackets because the wings operated correctly.
                    I think it's very unfortunate that BH is in a position that they've made comments like this publicly. It doesn't really look professional at all. There are ways to handle customer complaints without implying that their customers don't know how to fly.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jon @ Two Bros RC View Post
                      It's really unfortunate that you had that issue with BH. Jeremy Solt has been making it quite clear that you don't know how to fly - both on the Facebook post about this vid and in the pinned comment on my YT vid:

                      I think it's very unfortunate that BH is in a position that they've made comments like this publicly. It doesn't really look professional at all. There are ways to handle customer complaints without implying that their customers don't know how to fly.
                      I did not see that.. That is a whole different level of frustrating to me.. The strange thing is, both him and banana hobby keep mentioning this video of the crash.. To this, I am completely baffled. There is not, and never was, a video. I nor anyone else at the field filmed the maiden flight and crash. Yet over and over, they’ve held up this imaginary video as proof that I don’t know how to fly.

                      Sorry to keep dragging this back out, but I have to say that it’s endlessly frustrating that they insist on repeated false claims.

                      I should also note this technically makes my claims more difficult to verify, but that’s why I wrote that post. It is literally my day job to write detailed technical accounts of aircraft flight test events. I approached writing it as impartially as possible just to get the facts out there.

                      Comment


                      • I don't think you need to apologize for that. Based on what you've written, it seems like you're being misrepresented in an effort to deny valid warranty claims. This is exactly the kind of behavior people describe on my Discord server and in my comments section. It's also why I would refuse any model aircraft that BH reached out to send over, and why I would deny working with them in any capacity. I refuse to work with companies that have a negative customer service reputation.

                        Their response to my vid all but cemented my perspective on them. I don't think I'll be buying from them again, either.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jon @ Two Bros RC View Post


                          Hey, thanks for linking here! I'd been meaning to sign up a while ago and just forgot - then wondered if someone had run across this vid elsewhere and decided to sign up. To be fair to Banana, it is free and included in the shipped Lancers now. First-run buyers were expected to purchase it. That was my primary point of contention - as opposed to Motion who shipped free servos to MiG-29 .​​
                          First run buyer here. From my perspective the way BH handled this issue for us was shoddy in the extreme.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kallend View Post

                            First run buyer here. From my perspective the way BH handled this issue for us was shoddy in the extreme.
                            You should have seen the Facebook drama in the EDF Jet Clubhouse over my vid. They (BH) apparently had plenty of time to write a 10 paragraph response to impugn my motives, but can't seem to find the time to respond to customers on RCG anymore. I was even shown screenshots from someone claiming that my video will possibly lead to a lawsuit. It's really unfortunate that they've chosen to go low instead of rising up to the challenge of providing better customer service.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X