P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi guys,, was wondering if anyone knows if the smc 435 volt packs r available in australia,, cant find any,, not looking hard enuf maybe,, and is there much if any mods to airframe electronics req for the use of these packs... even 5 or 6 minuts sounds good to me.... thanx in advance

    Comment


    • Email Danny at SMC racing, telling him what packs and connectors you want. He will arrange shipping direct from the factory. Did it 4 times last year, it is really cheap too. Pay via PayPal.
      No mods required to use them in this plane with stock electrics.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Alphonso View Post
        Email Danny at SMC racing, telling him what packs and connectors you want. He will arrange shipping direct from the factory. Did it 4 times last year, it is really cheap too. Pay via PayPal.
        No mods required to use them in this plane with stock electrics.
        Thanx will do.. of course next question(2 of em) i want to use them on al 37 and f4 phantom fwing.. so any mods req.....?. But will i need different lipo charger

        Comment


        • Hey fellas, Just received my A-10 and a problem dawned on me. So, I was planning on using Spektrum ESC's which have about a 6 inch lead...yet I've got 30 inches to go to get to a battery. Yet a quick search on line reveals that the longest extension you can but for a IC5 is 6 inches. Does anybody know if there's a maximum length you can extend IC5 connectors due to current under load? It's easy enough to buy a couple of connectors and the wire and make my own, but now I'm wondering how much loss I'll incur do to the extra nearly 6 feet of wire between the ESC's and the battery.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

            Thanx will do.. of course next question(2 of em) i want to use them on al 37 and f4 phantom fwing.. so any mods req.....?. But will i need different lipo charger
            No issue using 4.35V lipos in those models. Yes your charger needs to be able to charge to 4.35V per cell. SMC do standard voltage lipos too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPD View Post
              Hey fellas, Just received my A-10 and a problem dawned on me. So, I was planning on using Spektrum ESC's which have about a 6 inch lead...yet I've got 30 inches to go to get to a battery. Yet a quick search on line reveals that the longest extension you can but for a IC5 is 6 inches. Does anybody know if there's a maximum length you can extend IC5 connectors due to current under load? It's easy enough to buy a couple of connectors and the wire and make my own, but now I'm wondering how much loss I'll incur do to the extra nearly 6 feet of wire between the ESC's and the battery.
              It is a very good idea to fit capacitors to the power leads when they are longer than 8". The issue is not loss but ripple which is known to destroy the esc. The stock A10 esc's come with extra capacitors already fitted.

              Comment


              • Two questions here. Both related to A-10 ESC's. So, I go the freewing (reversible) ESC's for my A-10, I also purchased the hobbywingESC programming box. When I connect it up, I get the lights and ability to set parameters as I choose. But, when I hit OK, the "connecting" light comes on and never goes off. It says you have to power down the ESC's then power them back up for changes to take effect. When I do that and put the ESC programming box back in, it shows none of the parameters I set have been programming into the ESC. Anybody have any experience/ideas with this? It seems simple enough and ⅔ of it works, but the actual programming isn't happening. Second question, I have two Spektrum/Avian 120 amp esc doing nothing, (which are much easer to program thru the transmitter) which I would prefer to use. But, they don't even come close to fitting in the space allotted for the ESC in the nacelle. Even if I remove the fan. So, second question is has anybody figured out a way to mount Spektrum 120 amp ESC's in the A-10 nacelle's? I see that if maybe i did a bit of trimming it maybe could squeeze in there, but then there's no clearance of the wiring harness. Ideas?

                Comment


                • I have a set of JP Hobby 12s 90mm fans and custom 12s 10,000mah batteries from a recent experimental project. I know these huge batteries would be twice as heavy as the standard setup, but the power system should more than compensate for that in the thrust to weight ratio regard.

                  Thoughts on how a setup like this would fly? Wing loading way too high? Battery bay large enough?

                  Comment


                  • Gents, anyone have the measurements for stock front and main wheels including axle? I am considering them for a project.
                    Thank in advance.​

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X