Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received mine a month ago. Mine was undamaged, and a systems check was all good. What surprised me was that it came with nylon geared servos on critical control surfaces. But I have yet to read any complaints, and they work fine, so I'll just go with them. Yeah, some decals are a little askew, and the foam finish could be a little better. But hey, I bought it for the flight characteristics and sound, not to win scale masters trophies. I still think it's an incredible value, and extremely happy with the purchase.

Comment

• Still rockin' my Swiss scheme Venom!

(Yours looks KILLER Alpha!)

Comment

• I took mine out yesterday too, after a couple of months in the hangar. What a a great bird! Whished someone worked on a bigger one. This is a good candidate for a 120mm 12S...

Comment

• I've owned 3, all silver and I still have 2. It's my absolute favorite bird to fly. Not my favorite to gaze upon but my absolute favorite edf to fly.

Comment

• Phantom The venom is a special bird. I have to agree with phantom the venom is one of my all time favorite EDFs can you believe I flew it 18 minutes once on a single 4400 😱 this is definitely the easiest jet to fly in my humble opinion if you throttle bag it glides forever and stall speed must only be 10-15 miles an hour it’s crazy how slow it can crawl at full flaps.

Comment

• 18 minutes on a single 4400mAh?!? That's even better than my max duration tests, nicely done! Yes, this bird is an excellent flyer and loves to float. It makes a great slope soaring bird, yet somehow I still managed to kill one in a deep stall while trying to bank and crank at zero airspeed, all my fault.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I once "floated" my FW Avanti S around just to see how long I could keep it up in the air. Round and round it went, slow and easy, smooth banking, very little throttle activity.I had a battery beeper mounted inside and when I heard it on a flyby, I landed right after that. I managed to get 10 minutes out of it on a 5000mah battery. I was so bored I almost fell asleep in the lawn chair. 18 minutes on 4400mah battery in this Venom is astonishing but it would put me into a coma and my spotter would have to land it, that is, if he hasn't contracted the sleeping sickness himself by then.

Comment

• I've had my Swiss Venom since 2015 and did what Alpha just described two years later- didn't quite kill it although a new fuse was needed. Late last summer it happened again although not my fault this time , a loss of control due to an aging hardware problem (aka my brain) being the problem.
                  Fortunately this crash wasn't as bad but the nose was pretty much accordioned up to the intakes. Hot water, foam clay and lightweight spackle got it straightened out, more or less, and I ended up repainting in a fictional RAF air show kind of scheme- the roundels were leftovers from a FL Spit that I used graphics from Callie on. I had done the cockpit and canopy mods a few years ago so just repainted the pilot to resemble an RAF lad. The whole nose gear bay was too distorted to easily make the doors operational again and our grass field was continually ripping them off anyway so a cover was made to reduce the opening somewhat. This Phoenix shall fly again!
                  Tom
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like it came that way ! I like the sliding canopy.

Comment

• Pogo that paint job looks like it came from the factory 👍👍👍 excellent job I also see a hint of weathering on the wings

Comment

• Thanks Scooter! I wish I could come up with an elegant solution to keep the canopy securely closed in flight. It's pretty flimsy so a strong magnet isn't really the answer- clear tape on the seam is all I've come up with.
                        Thank you too WesleyI I just watched your Storch redemption flight video- great stuff! There is a bit of weathering, I use pastel chalks, really easy...
                        Tom

Comment

• Pogo FYI this is definitely one of our old videos lol so keep that in mind but if you want to see her fly hers a video 😉

Comment

• Wesley, that was great, you guys are awesome!
                            Tom

Comment

• Merry Boozer RC Alpha
                              Hi folks!
                              I am wondering if I must fly my Venom with 4000mah or can I use admiral 5000mah (705gr, the lightest 6S5000) ???

Comment

• ArthurJ The Venom flies very good with the Admiral 5000mAh . You hav to add a little weight to the nose also, watch this video from MotionRC

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurJ View Post
                                  Merry Boozer RC Alpha
                                  Hi folks!
                                  I am wondering if I must fly my Venom with 4000mah or can I use admiral 5000mah (705gr, the lightest 6S5000) ???
                                  My go to battery for my Venoms is the Hobbystar 6s 8,000mah 100c pack weighing 920g. Balance is perfect with that pack, anything less you need to add weight to the nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

My go to battery for my Venoms is the Hobbystar 6s 8,000mah 100c pack weighing 920g. Balance is perfect with that pack, anything less you need to add weight to the nose.
                                    Wow that’s super heavy....that’s weird!
                                    thanks a lot for your advice 🙏🏻🙏🏻😉

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurJ View Post

Wow that’s super heavy....that’s weird!
                                      thanks a lot for your advice 🙏🏻🙏🏻😉
                                      Don’t know about everyone adding all the weight but I have flown mine on 5000s just fine. I’ve never felt the need to add nose weight in mine.

Comment

• The 8000mah's work like a champ. I fly em in my A-10, Venom, Flexjet and even my T-33. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_141141.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	252664Click image for larger version

Name:	20200329_121417.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	252665Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_123827.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	252666

Comment

• Phantom's pack is about 920g, a 6S Admiral 5000 is around 720g to 730g, in the MotionRC Venom video in min 3:10 Stuart ( and he know's how to fly planes for sure) added 60g of extra weight as far forward as possible. I also added about 50g at this place. And I'm really happy with this. So all in all Phantom's big pack and the ones with extra weight in the nose flying the 5000 packs feel the need for weight in the nose. But as always it's up to the pilot!

Comment

Working...
                                          X