X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post

Don’t know about everyone adding all the weight but I have flown mine on 5000s just fine. I’ve never felt the need to add nose weight in mine.
    Nor have I. I fly mine with the "old" Admiral 5000 "brick" as far back as it'll go and I've added no weight anywhere and it flies just fine. Mind you, the difference between as far back and as far forward on this plane with the "brick" is minimal.

Comment

• Merry Boozer RC Ah okay guys! And Wesley what is your CH compared to the book?!

Comment

• ArthurJ i don’t have the actual measurements but I balance it on this panel line by trusty fingers lol works great

Comment

• Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
          ArthurJ i don’t have the actual measurements but I balance it on this panel line by trusty fingers lol works great
          All right that’s perfect and it should be that 110mm CG 😉👌🏻 Now I just have to click on that magic button 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurJ View Post

All right that’s perfect and it should be that 110mm CG 😉👌🏻 Now I just have to click on that magic button 😂
            Do it I promise you will not be disappointed it’s an older model but hands down my favorite freewing model to fly.

Comment

• The Venom continues to impress me with its performance and overall fun factor. From the start, I installed a Spektrum AS3X receiver. It's taken some time, but I'm good at refining the AS3X settings to achieve the feel I want in each jet. The Venom is very stable without the gyro, so it doesn't need much. Yesterday the three of us, my wife, son, and I flew the Venom many times and really enjoyed it. All you do is keep it straight on the runway and advance the throttle and it takes off on its own in a very scale climb out. The Venom is the easiest airplane to land I've ever owned since I started in 1975. It reminds me of a lot of pattern planes I flew all throughout the 80's, like the Super Arrow that was cake to land. Back to the Venom, Gear pass, and I drop the flaps on the downwind and turn on final. Full flaps require zero elevator adjustment btw. I like a slightly higher approach with the Venom, once lined up you bring the throttle down and the Venom descends at a nice rate, flare when appropriate, and the Venom touches down as gently as possible. If the wind is down the runway you barely make any corrections, it's a blast! Not to mention, you can put on quite the aerobatic display and keep it close in and low the entire time. The Venom flies with a huge range in throttle settings so it makes aerobatics a lot of fun. The Venom is an older model, but I truly hope they don't stop making it anytime soon. It makes a great first jet, and it makes a great platform for the more expierenced.

Comment

• First off totallly agree! This plane is blast to fly, but I have a question for you guys, after wings are install and screws down do your wing still have up and down play? I can feel a tick of movement , it flys fine but just bugs me. Any fix for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                  First off totallly agree! This plane is blast to fly, but I have a question for you guys, after wings are install and screws down do your wing still have up and down play? I can feel a tick of movement , it flys fine but just bugs me. Any fix for this
                  Yes, it's got a little "flapping" to it. It's always been like this on mine. Never gave it much thought. Flies well, wings don't seem to be loose. I suppose if you really want it rigid, you could epoxy the join.

Comment

• Xviper th a is bud just didn’t know if I was crazy or not, yes she fly’s like this with0 issues I do t wana glue just for ease of trasnsportation . Thanks for reply sir

Comment

Xviper th a is bud just didn’t know if I was crazy or not, yes she fly’s like this with0 issues I do t wana glue just for ease of trasnsportation . Thanks for reply sir
                      Mine has always transported without disassembly in a Golf. It should fit into most cars whole. Taking the wings on and off repeatedly can, in time, make for more slop and possible stripped threads.

Comment

First off totallly agree! This plane is blast to fly, but I have a question for you guys, after wings are install and screws down do your wing still have up and down play? I can feel a tick of movement , it flys fine but just bugs me. Any fix for this
                        Mine has some flex as well, but a lot of these foam jets do. I never worry about it. I do take the wings off to transport.

Comment

• So had a crappy day yesterday, lost elevator servo on take off, and went in hard destroyed everything! So if anyone needs fan motor spare fuse, tail booms servos retracts let me know I’ll be pulling everything out today and listing with pics

Comment

• That sucks man, sorry to hear it. Going to replace it? Whereabouts are you, and will you ship the parts?

Comment

• I already ordered a new one , I figured out the issue! Admiral 10 channel with satellite worked perfect on my dx7. Replaced this last weekend with dx8 gen2 , admiral says DSMX but they are Dsm2 , I lost elevator control it locked into failsafe and went in hard.
                              I did a ton of testing on rx and was losing signal , changed frame rate to dsm2 no loss of signal ! Weird as heck !
                              All servos esc fan motor retracts are in perfect working order, sequencer and led controller work as well. I have a spare fuse tail booms elevator and my wings are repairable so if someone wanted a slightly used basher id **** everything out

Comment

• Ship

Comment

• Wrthog what do you mean you changed frame rate to "dsm2"? Do you mean you changed frame rate from 11ms back to 22ms? I think that was your issue, Lemon/Admiral receivers can't handle 11ms frame rates, only Spektrum RXs can. Also I would not use 11ms frame rates with analog servos, they can lock up. The DH has analog servos.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                                    ... The DH has analog servos.
                                    Are you sure? The replacement servos listed on Motion's spare parts page say they are digital.

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                      Are you sure? The replacement servos listed on Motion's spare parts page say they are digital.
                                      This was discussed in another thread about another plane. It was said that replacement servos can be one thing while the ones that came with the plane can be the other. I don't know enough about servos to say one way or the other, just relaying stuff I saw in another post.

Comment

• PAUL z if you go to frame rate in the dx8 you can change to 11ms/ dsm2. on the admiral rx it says 11ms/204b on label
                                        This is all testing on the bench but when I would bind rx in DSMX that how my radios voice control would say DSMX if I bound in Dsx2 it would say 11ms/ 204b dsm2 . Which leads me to believe these admiral rx are in dsm2 protocol. I duno all I know is I lost 3 planes that day and all did the same thing.
                                        I have video of each rx bound in either DSMX/ DSM2 and there is a clear difference in how much the light comes on and off in different modes. Weird stuff I’m ready to ditch spektrum and go futaba

Comment

• Wrthog my advice would be to not use 11ms frame rates with non Spektrum receivers. Admiral is not Spektrum as you probably know. Stick to 22ms which is the older frame rate and everything should work fine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X