X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BikeMike View Post
    V3 vs. V2? I notice on the Motion site they are offering a Venom V3 But the specs for the V3 look exactly the same to me as the specs for the V2. Does anyone know what changes they have made?
    I can't tell them apart either. I think the V2 silver version went out of stock for a while. Now that they've come back, maybe they just call it a V3. I know from V1 to V2, they went from an outrunner to an inrunner.
    Perhaps when the current V2 red version sells out, they'll bring it back later as a V3.

Comment

• Well that's disappointing. I was hoping they would improve the wing spar or something.

Comment

• I've had 3 of these. The first 2 were silver and now I have the red one. The second silver one I had aileron servo reversed and it rolled over upside down and crashed hard. The wing spars were NOT an issue. Sure, the wings move (flap up and down) a bit but that doesn't seem to be a problem. All 3 of mine do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I've had 3 of these. The first 2 were silver and now I have the red one. The second silver one I had aileron servo reversed and it rolled over upside down and crashed hard. The wing spars were NOT an issue. Sure, the wings move (flap up and down) a bit but that doesn't seem to be a problem. All 3 of mine do that.
          Glad to hear that yours never folded. (cough) :)

Comment

• Control Throws for the Venom.
            Alpha I purchased the Silver V3 of the Venom a week or 2 ago.
            There is absolutely no mention of suggested control throws in the manual.
            Out the box the current throws (high rate and no expo) up 25 mm --> down 23mm, Ail Up 36mm --> down 34mm (measured at the inner most point of the ail) Rudd 22mm left and 22mm right.
            The elevator and aileron travel seems way to excessive compared to some of my other Freewing aircraft?
            Can you please either update the online manual and/or post the suggested throws in mm or inches here.
            Thanks in advance
            Chris

Comment

• First EDF, Habu. Second Rebel, Third Avanti and I think the Venom is the next.
              Thought I might buy the silver and paint it to RAF Cold War colours.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	95104938-D4C5-404B-88D2-A5CAE6784B8B.jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	336561

Comment

• Had the silver Venom with old 90.mm outrunner motor in the model I notice the Venom now has an inrunner motor now. Decided it is time have this model back in my fleet. I remember it flew so well and the sound was great. Just wanted to know what difference the inrunner motor makes compared to my old Venom with outrunner motor. How different if any does the inrunner version to my old Venom with the outrunner

Comment

• There seems to have been 3 versions of this plane. The original was the "Ready2Fly" V1 with the outrunner 1450kv fan with a 5 blade. Then came the red Swiss V2 and the silver V3. Both the V2 and V3 have the inrunner 1900kv fans in them, however, there appears to be misprints in the descriptions. In the first post of this thread, James indicated that it has the 12-bl, 1450kv fan as a V2 - something's not right about this. I have the red V2 and just looked down the hole and I see the 12-bl in there, undoubtedly with the 1900KV inrunner. The 1450kv was in outruner.
                  The original V1 flew nice but it was a bit sluggish for such a "largish" plane. My current red one is a lot peppier with loads of low end grunt - gets off the ground much quicker. It also looks a lot faster in the air. The sound of the 12-bl (more jet like) is far more pleasing than the old 5-bl (more vacuum cleaner like).

Comment

• Motion RC on the Web site advatise the Venom now with 9 blade inrunner motor. So is that wrong and they are still being sold with 90mm outrunner motor???

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                      Motion RC on the Web site advatise the Venom now with 9 blade inrunner motor. So is that wrong and they are still being sold with 90mm outrunner motor???
                      I don't know. Seems to be some conflicting information. RC Castle currently is selling both the red and silver one and both come with 9-blade fan, 1900kv, INrunner.

Comment

• Just building mine now and I’ve come across something I’ve not seen before UBEC. I’ve got a 6 channel Spektrum AR637T for it but after you’ve connected all 6 servos, where does the UBEC connect to ?
                        Sorry about being a bit dumb about this but what does the UBEC do ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
                          Sorry about being a bit dumb about this but what does the UBEC do ?
                          Just Googled it, sort of understand what it does now.

Can I plug the UBEC lead into the bind channel or do I need to get a Y splitter and plug it into one of the other channels?

Comment

Just Googled it, sort of understand what it does now.

Can I plug the UBEC lead into the bind channel or do I need to get a Y splitter and plug it into one of the other channels?
                            Whichever you like.

Comment

• Ready for maiden flight 😬 More like RAF Vampire colours than Venom but what the hell

Click image for larger version  Name:	D9EE6F90-2293-4B3F-B43D-183C3C523861.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	215.8 KB ID:	337746

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Light 1.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	337926
                                Repaired Venom getting ready for Spring. I installed a landing light in the nose gear door, not the scale location but works for me. The light turns on when gear deployed and shuts off when retracted.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky9 View Post

Name:	Light 1.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	337926
                                  Repaired Venom getting ready for Spring. I installed a landing light in the nose gear door, not the scale location but works for me. The light turns on when gear deployed and shuts off when retracted.
                                  Nice !!! Can you let me know what you used to do that ?

Comment

Nice !!! Can you let me know what you used to do that ?
                                    It wasn't too bad of a mod, I used my Dremel to gut a U shape in the fwd gear door and screwed the light right to the plastic. The wiring can be fed up through the gear well and back to the LED Light Controller box. The tension spring is not strong enough to lift the door with the added weight of the light, so I zip tied the wire to the strut for now, I'll need to come up with a way to mechanically link the door to the strut. I used the 5W LED light offered by Motion. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...00mm-lead-e612

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	422
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	337969Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	403
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	337970Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg
Views:	406
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	337971Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	337972

Comment

• Great thanks very much for that 👍👍 Just one more question, does the light come on when the gear is lowered and if so how do you set it up ? I can’t find any instructions for that light controller.

Comment

• Yes the light turns on when the landing gear is lowered. Plug the light connector into the channel I have circled in green on the LED controller pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky9 View Post
                                          Yes the light turns on when the landing gear is lowered. Plug the light connector into the channel I have circled in green on the LED controller pic.
                                          OK great , just ordered a light from MRC. I was thinking I’d have to link it to the gear channel on the receiver as well as setting it up on the transmitter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X