X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    Well had 8 flights with the Venom today and put in to practice all the advice you all recommended and had 8 great landings ,no bouncing ,in fact once I got use to landing the way everyone explained how to land it I found by the end of the day it was a ***** cat to land with out bouncing it .Thanks everyone problem solved
    Captain Moron Solid report, I'm really happy to hear that! 8 great landings settles it. 'Sounds like a flying day well spent!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• It certainly was . I am over the moon now I have sorted out the landings ( thanks to everyone on this forum who help me ),the Venom is such a great model to fly .it looks good ,sound like a real jet and flying it around on half throttle it looks so scale like . I think the Venom must be my favorite model with the F86 a very close second

Comment

• Ordered! (PNP Red version)
        This will be my first EDF - (Happy Birthday to me!)

Comment

• Just received my red Venom and I'm assembling it right now - quick question: should they still be supplied with bombs (there weren't any in my box)?

Comment

• Mikdys They are still available as a Spare Part option, but I do not believe the red sport version includes those magnetic bombs in the PNP. Typically Freewing removes the ordnance from Sport versions (90mm Yak-130, 90mm F-16, 90mm Venom).
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the prompt reply - if they were missing I'd ask for them but I'd been thinking about leaving them off to fly anyway so I'll pass on this.

Cheers

Comment

• Got the first four flights on the Venom last Sunday. Great flying jet!
                Attached Files

Comment

• ...and a great sounding jet! There is something about the ducting on this one where it sounds really good. Even though it is an older model I still get attention at field because of the sound.

Comment

• Ok, I couldn't sit on the fence any longer. Been eyeballing this one for 3 years, and finally pulled the trigger today. I always thought it was sexy.

Comment

• Oh, I forgot to mention that I ordered the silver one.

Comment

• Fun with the Venom!

I painted fantasy invasion stripes on mine and will be giving it a full customized paint sometime.

I also airbrushed heat distortions to the silver finish around the motor area. Really makes it pop. Running the RC Geeks center burner even though the real jet never had a burner. The Venom always attracts attention at Fly Ins!

Comment

• I like the invasion stripes. So I was watching Stewart's video on the product page, and he mentioned an inrunner motor. But on the spare parts tab it looks like an outrunner. There is no description on the product page except "brushless motor". What comes stock ?

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                            I like the invasion stripes. So I was watching Stewart's video on the product page, and he mentioned an inrunner motor. But on the spare parts tab it looks like an outrunner. There is no description on the product page except "brushless motor". What comes stock ?
                            It comes with the 3748-1650kv outrunner motor. The plane flies terrific and has plenty of power. One of the easiest jets to fly, would make a great first jet. Very precise in the aerobatic routine as well.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. I should have it by Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                Thanks for the reply. I should have it by Friday.
                                I use the 5200 Hobby Star pushed all the way forward. Battery compartment is tight in this plane. I had to add a little nose weight as well.

Comment

• I use the hobbystar 8000mah 6s perfectly balanced, and 6.5 to 7 minutes of flight time

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                    I use the hobbystar 8000mah 6s perfectly balanced, and 6.5 to 7 minutes of flight time
                                    I don't have one of those, but I'm surprised it fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

I don't have one of those, but I'm surprised it fits.
                                      Here is the ebay page for that battery:
                                      https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HobbyStar-80...QAAOSwRwpdpi1B
                                      It states the dimensions as .................. 135x43x68mm. It's also a "graphene" type of LiPo and weighs 920g. I find it amazing (and astonishing) that an 8000mah, 6s of this type and rated at 100C can be so compact and weigh so little. I suspect that if tested, that 100C is likely to be very optimistic but nevertheless, even it it's a real world 40C, that's still very good. It is somewhat expensive as far as batteries go but I guess for 8000mah, it's not too bad.
                                      I typically use the old Admiral 5000mah "brick" and it fits in there with a little room to spare "length-wise". That battery weighs 760g. A HobbyKing 5000mah, Heavy Duty will not fit without some foam removal. I think the HobbyStar will fit OK but due to it's extra width, I'm wondering if Phantom had to remove some foam along each side of the battery tray.

Comment

• With the exception of trimming the foam blocks on either sides of the factory velcro strap mounts
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• But the 8,000mah fit's like a glove, the stock velcro straps are perfect for it. CG is dead on and the flight time is unparalleled for a 90mm EDF. No adjustment for battery height required so no trimming of the canopy.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X